Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prince of persia

i am the princess of persia woot, but yes good series

I remember it for the Gameboy. It plays better on the PS2 though... Running up and across walls is pretty cool. I tried that once (and failed... miserably) and ended up on my ass.

True story.

Comment

The XBLA "Prince and Persia - Classic" is pretty sweet actually.

The original game, just with some added movement stuff from the recent series to kinda speed things up a bit.
      (though, I really miss the rotoscoped 2D animations from the original, but the 2.5D gameplay style is excellent ;D)
      Last edited by Carnivol; 07-20-2007, 05:47 PM.

Comment

I haven't downloaded the XBLA one yet, but it seems ALOT like the bonus on the PS2 version where you could play POP1 from a 2.5d perspective

Comment

but the first times there is no code (when) the 60 mins isn't enough

Comment

^ Eh?

Anyway, I have it for X-Box, and PSP. Can't remember which ones though lol.

Comment

I had to stomach the lackluster PS2 builds of Sands of Time and Warrior Within because of the GC releases being delayed here or in short Supply, got Two Thrones on the Xbox, but meh, my enjoyment of the series was irrepairably tarnished following Warrior Within, ITS THE PRINCE AND HE'S DARK AND BROODING AND LISTENS TO GODSMACK!!! w000000000000t...someone shoot me now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                w000000000000t...someone shoot me now.
                want me to do it?

Comment

Get in line, the night is young.

Comment

i don't want you behind me then.. i don't look back there

Comment

I really don't know/or really wanna know what you're getting at.

Comment

i'm not doing anything bad

Comment

So I've been playing the latest in the franchise, and so far it's pretty easy. I like gathering orbs, they remind me of gathering red coins in games like Super Mario 64. I've done most of the Alchemist's area, so I think I'm gonna fight him as a boss first. It's good that you can choose which bosses you want to fight

Yes, I am a necromancer....
                          Last edited by Project Omega; 04-12-2009, 09:16 PM.

Comment

I never played the first or third one but I thought the second game was pretty cool. I was interested in the new one just because of the new character and the fact that they were willing to take a risk and go with the cell shaded look. Is it worth a buy?
                            "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                            Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

I think this game got a bad rap by fans.

Yes its a huge deviation from the Sands Trilogy, and the characters are extremely different from what everyone was used to, but I think it really works, the controls are streamlined to make the game flow better *although im sure people will bitch that alot of the game is handled by 2-3 buttons, especially for jumps and wallruns but I find it more fun then the rigid controls of the Sands Trilogy which by the end had TOO many controls and functions it made Two Thrones a complete chore to run through*.

If you're looking for a game which you could breeze through without much thought, this is your game, however if you really want a deep immersive run through of it, play through the game to but participate in every optional dialogue conversation the "Prince" can have with Elika, as its pretty much the best way to flesh out the story which is pretty good once you do this as it expands from the save the world plot.
                              The character dynamic between both Elika and the Prince is pretty well written, which is pretty good considering to be fair theres by maximum about 6-7 characters in the whole game including bosses but its a good 9-10 hour game on first play through.

The difficulty was toned down to make for a more pick up and play experience for casual players, which was fine by me considering by Warrior Within and Two THrones the sands trilogy became too much of a "hardcore" series for me to pick up and play despite being able to play through both on normal and hard, it became a chore instead of the immersive experience Sands of Time originally was.

However if you REALLY want difficulty i'd reccomend you cough up the 800pts or whatever the cost may be for the Epilogue, although the scenery completely shifts from beautiful external locations to underground dungeons, the difficulty is completely cranked up to highest settings for both exploration/platforming and boss battles *which to be honest can get frustrating as some platforming sequences I timed can last up to 3-4 minutes in one go and if you fluff it up you have to start all over as the game only checkpoints on flat land*

Comment

Working...
                              X