"Resident Evil 4 Came Out of the 'Commercial Failure' of RE: Remake"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Resident Evil 4 Came Out of the 'Commercial Failure' of RE: Remake"

Its not often these days to hear discussion about the older Resident Evil titles. Recently, Shinji Mikami had a retrospective talk with IGN.

Within the talk, Mikami stated that Resident Evil remake didn't perform well sales wise, and that influenced them to focus on making Resident Evil 4 a "fun" game rather than making the scary aspect as the top focus. He stated that if Resident Evil remake sales were much better, then Resident Evil 4 will have turned out more closely to being a classic survival horror game instead.

Well duh what did he expected when he released the game exclusively on an unpopular console like the gamecube which is sold poorly itself, in the other hand if it was released on the ps2 as well, this commercial failure would've never happened in the first place !

Comment

Most fans consider Remake to be the absolute best in the series. The decision to release it as a Nintendo exclusive heavily affected sales as up until that point, RE had been a Playstation staple.

Comment

Can you merge the topics at all? I made a topic in the RE forum a couple of days ago.

Comment

i blame the gamers themselves for not trying to give the Gamecube the much attention it deserved. everyone is so caught in the mainstream. the Gamecube was so clearly superior in performance compared to the PS2. REmake and Zero would have suffered on the PS2, due to its visual limitations. but nope, everyone looked down at the Gamecube like it was a gimmicky toy, when it was so much more than they gave it credit for.
          Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Be that as it may, it was ultimately Nintendo that did it to themselves by pushing away most third parties. Granted, Gamecube (in my opinion) was one of the better systems out there, but a vast majority of that was your first party offerings. They had some solid third party exclusives (REmake, Eternal Darkness, etc.) but nowhere near enough for the general fanbase to jump on it.

But yeah, GC honestly is one of my preferred systems.

Comment

Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
              i blame the gamers themselves for not trying to give the Gamecube the much attention it deserved. everyone is so caught in the mainstream. the Gamecube was so clearly superior in performance compared to the PS2. REmake and Zero would have suffered on the PS2, due to its visual limitations. but nope, everyone looked down at the Gamecube like it was a gimmicky toy, when it was so much more than they gave it credit for.

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
              Be that as it may, it was ultimately Nintendo that did it to themselves by pushing away most third parties. Granted, Gamecube (in my opinion) was one of the better systems out there, but a vast majority of that was your first party offerings. They had some solid third party exclusives (REmake, Eternal Darkness, etc.) but nowhere near enough for the general fanbase to jump on it.

But yeah, GC honestly is one of my preferred systems.
              So true. i dont know a good reason to why people criticized it so much.

Comment

Working...
              X