Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to beat Tyrant 2nd in BIOHAZARD without the Rocket Launcher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to beat Tyrant 2nd in BIOHAZARD without the Rocket Launcher?

I just watched the Birth of Biohazard and there is a part where they show all monsters' Hit Points and the weapons' damage... the Tyrant has 600 HP according to the video and the Rocket Launcher has 900 damage. Given that the Grenade Launcher and Magnum varies from 50~200 damage depending of the enemy, is it possible to beat the boss with a load of ammo instead of the Rocket Launcher?

A little off topic but the spider boss is named "Black Tiger" according to the video. What?
    Hail the heros of the revolution!

You mean on the heliport? Don't think so because the rocket is what triggers the cutscene.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleff View Post
      A little off topic but the spider boss is named "Black Tiger" according to the video. What?
      It's the tiger stripes. Meow. Σ:3

As far as I can tell, the heliport tyrant is scripted to be invincible against anything that isn't the rocket launcher. And the time limit would make killing it challenging to say the least.

Comment

Having played it for thousand times on an emulator with save states, I guarantee you...

Comment

So is it scripted? I guess they just made up the Tyrant's HP then...

Comment

Or they could be just referring to the amount of damage needed for Brad to throw the RL.

Comment

Remember you fight him inside the lab too, they're probably referring to that battle.

Comment

Originally posted by MichelleRockz View Post
                Or they could be just referring to the amount of damage needed for Brad to throw the RL.
                Nope, on my last Jill playthrough I beat it on DANGER without aids and ammo. It's timed, I didn't fire a bullet against him.

Originally posted by rewak View Post
                Remember you fight him inside the lab too, they're probably referring to that battle.
                They clearly show the game's scenes, remember it's a video. And in the 1st appearance he has only 200 HP according to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleff View Post
                  Nope, on my last Jill playthrough I beat it on DANGER without aids and ammo. It's timed, I didn't fire a bullet against him.
                  I tried that as a kid, firing 6 bullets of Colt Python at him will make Brad drop the RL right away. Otherwise, it will take more or less 1 minute for him to do so.

Comment

For some reason I thought you were talking about the final tyrant battle in the Resident Evil 2 B games, where Ada throws the Rocket Launcher. I am guessing the same thing applies there?

Comment

Both are scripted events. I'm almost certain I've turned off timers once in the second game and T-B just took the punishment indefinitely.

Comment

The Tyrant HP is for when they fight it the first time in the statis lab (where Wesker gets impaled by it through the chryogenic tube)
                        It ''dies'' in 3 or 4 magnum shots.

But yeah, the rocket launcher is needed as it's scripted, just like in RE2 aswell.
                        "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

Working...
                        X