Yasuhisa Kawamura & Catherine Disher Interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yasuhisa Kawamura & Catherine Disher Interviews

I have written an extensive article on Yasuhisa Kawamura's Castle (Fog) version & the hallucination (Hookman) experimental game-play, and have included an exclusive interview that we were extremely lucky to be given, with Kawamura-san, for Crimson Head Elder. Whilst it was challenging to secure and translate the 4 hours attention he generously gave me, this entire project was still made significantly easier by the trusted & respected line of communication already set up by News Bot & Welsh, at Project Umbrella.

I will be following up the 'biohazard 3.5' article with a further interview planned for late November, and another interview with Ms Disher is planned for early next year, so any requests for questions can be posted below, and I'll include as many as I can. The exclusive interview is part of our Halloween Special, together with another interview, with Catherine Disher (BIOHAZARD 3, Jill Valentine voice actress), and both can be found here ~

Last edited by GEORGE TREVOR; 11-04-2013, 05:39 PM.

What I wouldn't give to have Catherine Disher voice jill again...
    Visit the Resident Evil 1.5 wiki and contribute to (Hopefully), a central zone for all 1.5 info.

Comment

Originally posted by VGBB View Post
      What I wouldn't give to have Catherine Disher voice jill again...
      AMEN to that brother!

Catherine Disher is always Jill Valentine for me!

Comment

I devoured this interview in a non-stop reading. please pm me on how to donate(i give what i can, weak currency). Is there more?

Comment

You guys should try to locate and snag an interview with some Resident Evil Outbreak cast members. Id love to see an interview with Cindy.

@Undead Sega, same here. Catherine Disher will always be my valentine.
          Last edited by VGBB; 11-05-2013, 04:26 AM.
          Visit the Resident Evil 1.5 wiki and contribute to (Hopefully), a central zone for all 1.5 info.

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
            I devoured this interview in a non-stop reading. please pm me on how to donate(i give what i can, weak currency). Is there more?
            That is very kind Yurieu. There is a 'donate' PayPal button on both our Homepage and at the end of the article, after the full interview transcript. The email for PayPal if you want to go direct = george.trevor@live.co.uk

There may well be another interview in late November, so any questions you have, please post below ~
            Last edited by GEORGE TREVOR; 11-05-2013, 05:02 AM.

Comment

I enjoyed the interview immensely, thank you for taking your time. It was nice for Catherine to agree to an interview as she can't do much when it comes to fan events for her own reasons. I am a fan of her work, even outside of Resident Evil. I agree she was the best voice for Jill and the most memorable. I wonder if she would even be able to do Jill again in the future? That would be amazing.

I'm also surprised others' favorite game was Resident Evil 3 as well, I thought I was alone!

Originally posted by GEORGE TREVOR View Post
              There may well be another interview in late November, so any questions you have, please post below ~
              Another interview? With who?

Comment

That was very nice, many thanks for sharing.

I especially like the fact that Kawamura-san didn't dodge your questions with one-liners and overgeneralized statements.

The hallucination version always intrigued me, very creepy with many wonderful horror elements. Given the way Kawamura-san explained, if properly expanded upon, it may have given the Silent Hill franchise a run for it's money. LSD+t-Virus FTW.

Although it doesn't seem to have much content, I sincerely hope that build is uncovered, someday...
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by Renard View Post
                  I enjoyed the interview immensely, thank you for taking your time. It was nice for Catherine to agree to an interview as she can't do much when it comes to fan events for her own reasons. I am a fan of her work, even outside of Resident Evil. I agree she was the best voice for Jill and the most memorable. I wonder if she would even be able to do Jill again in the future? That would be amazing.

I'm also surprised others' favorite game was Resident Evil 3 as well, I thought I was alone!

Another interview? With who?
                  There is always hope for Catherine to return. Once crapcom finally gets around to making remakes of RE2 and 3, they NEED to contact catherine. Sure, they could remake RE3 using a new actress, but it just would NOT be the same game. Catherine nailed the role and she is one of the best parts. She needs to return if they remake the game. Catherine rocks!

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to record and bring us this. What a fantastic and informative interview, it was lovely to hear Catherine again and to hear her thoughts on the creative process. I was also very impressed with how many questions she asked about the series, community and Jill in general. I'd also like to follow Yurieu's thoughts, I've donated for Project Umbrella before and if I can donate in the future to any of these interviews and projects I most definitely will.
                    sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

Originally posted by BiohazardFE View Post
                      Thank you for taking the time to record and bring us this. What a fantastic and informative interview, it was lovely to hear Catherine again and to hear her thoughts on the creative process. I was also very impressed with how many questions she asked about the series, community and Jill in general. I'd also like to follow Yurieu's thoughts, I've donated for Project Umbrella before and if I can donate in the future to any of these interviews and projects I most definitely will.
                      Thank you for those generous comments - posts like this make the entire project completely worthwhile. Regarding the donation, no worries either way, I'm just delighted you & Yurieu found something in both interviews that you found informative. (If you ever wish to donate anything, however small, it is of course extremely appreciated, and you can find a PayPal donate button near the top of our Homepage & at the end of the biohazard 3.5 article).

Comment

Working...
                      X