No announcement yet.

BioHerb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It just happened again. I opened up Max and I was looking through the scene, but I had this constant nagging about it. And I ended up dicking around for hours on end. And the nagging was as if I should have planned the scene out more. Like I had every excuse why the scene is impossible.

There's some kind of bully inside me and I don't like it. But I still will create the c2keo scene. I just have to work a little harder. Lets see if I can beat this fear.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSpyda04 View Post
      It just happened again. I opened up Max and I was looking through the scene, but I had this constant nagging about it. And I ended up dicking around for hours on end. And the nagging was as if I should have planned the scene out more. Like I had every excuse why the scene is impossible.

There's some kind of bully inside me and I don't like it. But I still will create the c2keo scene. I just have to work a little harder. Lets see if I can beat this fear.
      Maybe you just don't have a clear direction for going about it? I usually start with modeling the assets/props in the scene before I begin working on the entire thing. I make a list of what needs to be modeled in notepad. I presume it's that same outdoor area you were working on years ago? Just analyze every prop/object and make a list. I would start with modeling the vehicles (trucks(?)) as those will probably take the most time and effort. If I take a break from 3D modeling, I usually like to do something really simple as a warm-up exercise before I do anything too overwhelming. Maybe remake a different area as a test. Some of those office hallway areas c2keo made weren't complete, either.

Comment

Organization, huh? Yeah, I see exactly what you mean. I've been jotting down my thoughts in a notebook as I go so that I don't lose track of what I'm doing. It's been very helpful. I should organize everything I do.

Okay, new problem. Biofat breaking any RDT that I reassemble. What I'm trying to do is disassemble the RDT to add new models in, but then the RDT no longer works properly once I reassemble it - and its not because of the new models. Just a vanilla RDT that's been dis/reassembled is broken. If Biofat v0.0.0.9 works for you, let me know. Maybe I can solve my problem. But I'm not using Bioherb right now because it does just as much damage.

In the meantime I'll compromise by working w/ rooms that already have the necessary models included.

Comment

More tool trouble. This time I was going to look through the main script of ROOM306 but inside there was only a single door. No map, no if statements, no crates, no club key, nothing but a door. On the other hand I opened up the sub script and Bioscript crashed. These weird things happen with some of the rooms. Other rooms have all of the script that it should.

Oh, and I get trouble when I save any script. If I'm lucky, it's just the second byte that's missing. But sometimes some whole segments of code get erased and I have to hex it back in. It's manageable, but a pain nevertheless.

I might also request a tool that allows the addition of, and modification of objects MD1 & texture.

Ah, but it was because I extracted the SCD w/ RE2RDTE which compiles all of the sub into one and does cause some problems.
          Last edited by DarkSpyda04; 05-31-2016, 12:25 AM.

Comment

I'm having trouble figuring out how to translate X Y and X data for animations from 3Ds Max to HxD.
            I'm recording my progress in the thread as I go.

Can you help me with my problem, MarkGrass?

Comment

Please tell me how to change the object in RDT file (for example, change the pistol ammo on the keys).
              What do I need?
              RE2RDTE, BIOFAT or HEX?
              Thank you.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X