• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BioHerb

A real-time modifier for RDT data, supporting the following games:

Bio Hazard 2 / Resident Evil 2

DOWNLOAD:
    bioherb is a real-time modifier for RDT data, supporting the following games: * BioHazard 2 / Res
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MeganGrass; 03-13-2016, 09:08 PM.
    I'm a blackstar.

Very nice Mark! Can't wait to have a mess around with this. I'm sure there's some individuals who'll make very good use of this tool.

Comment

Well, what I can say? I was always waiting for something like that, so I should say thanks Mark for make it and share it!!!

I just test it with a 1.5 room and work perfect, I love it!!!

Now, I just want to ask something, in a future release can you add buttoms to increase/decrease values for Mask, Zone, Light, Collision, Block and Floor? I mean just like as you did with the Camera values.

Also I can't wait to be able to put there a character model, you know, it can be very useful to show you as it should looks in game.

Thanks again Mark, I can't wait for a new version of BioHerb!!!

Comment

Not sure if I'm making a mistake somewhere, but it seems like currently the program can't support background numbers greater than 00 - 09.

Comment

Originally posted by geluda View Post
          Not sure if I'm making a mistake somewhere, but it seems like currently the program can't support background numbers greater than 00 - 09.
          That should be because you put 10, 11, 12, right? you should use hex values after 09, I mean 0A, 0B, 0C, etc. ;)

Sorry for bother you Mark, I have another question for you, can be possible that you give us a RDT Extractor/Repacker for RE1.5 (vanilla build)?

I just wonder, because I really like to have one to edit easily 1.5 RDT files.

Thanks for your atention!

Comment

Of course, that makes perfect sense! Thanks Martin!

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
              That should be because you put 10, 11, 12, right? you should use hex values after 09, I mean 0A, 0B, 0C, etc. ;)

Sorry for bother you Mark, I have another question for you, can be possible that you give us a RDT Extractor/Repacker for RE1.5 (vanilla build)?

I just wonder, because I really like to have one to edit easily 1.5 RDT files.

Thanks for your atention!
              Can you not just use CDMage 5 Beta? From what I remember the unpacker/repacker was only required for the MZD build because IGAS changed the file format, I'm looking at vanilla 1.5 RDTs right now!

Comment

he meant extract and repack the rdt files themselves, like the scd and msg files.

Comment

Ah, I get you!

Comment

This is awesome! Congratulations MarkGrass! I'm looking forward the next version!
                    Oh, and thanks again for BioScript, it makes miracles

Comment

Many thanks for all the praise and feedback!

Originally posted by geluda View Post
                      I'm sure there's some individuals who'll make very good use of this tool.
                      I hope so.

The scene for Bio mods is pretty small, and yet, we have people (no names mentioned) who claim to have developed tools like this with the promise of release, but only if you join their forum. Then you have others, no names mentioned, who claim I never intended to release an app with this functionality (lolol, anyone?).

It's time to put an end to all of the juvenile bullshit. If someone else wants to reinvent the wheel, more power to them. In the meanwhile, I hope you enjoy BioHerb!

Now, I just want to ask something, in a future release can you add buttoms to increase/decrease values for Mask, Zone, Light, Collision, Block and Floor? I mean just like as you did with the Camera values.

Also I can't wait to be able to put there a character model, you know, it can be very useful to show you as it should looks in game.
                      Yeah, I can do that.

As for 3D models, it's definitely in my plans, but I have no clue when I'll actually get around to it. Just a reminder - this app won't have ability to modify/create 3D models, as there are other apps for that.

Eventually, this application will allow you to create a RDT 'from scratch'. Therefore, extraction/repack ability will be redundant... but nonetheless, it will eventually be a feature.

Originally posted by RESEVILNEMESIS View Post
                      Oh, and thanks again for BioScript, it makes miracles
                      I'm glad to know that it's being used for a good purpose.
                      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Well, thanks once again Mark for this amazing tool. I was literally blown away by this as you already know, and I had some fun testing out very basic ideas yesterday, just getting a feel for everything. It's been a while since I've played with cameras and it's nice to finally be able to do it with a decent and reliable tool.

Here's a few screens just to show some things can be done with BioHerb for others interested.

Zoomed in the camera and changed the lighting and ambiance to blue. With the camera it allows for some very unique ideas, Biohazard has always been great for those tight, almost interactive static scenes and with something like this with careful enemy placement and flagging, you could enter a room with Leon right to the camera and an enemy in the distance over his shoulder. The possibilities become richer with something like this.

As you can see just behind the RE2 window, BioHerb displays the colour and range of the lighting with the blue circle (Or whichever colour you decide, you can also set the surrounding lighting area which is usually a darker shade of the default colour with another. In this instance, 3D mode is activated, it's also a little easier to see in 2D view.) It's also possible to change the light direction and move it. With custom renders you can start to imagine how powerful this tool is.

This is an example of multiple lights blending. I changed the light on the right to red and made it more dominant in the area, and for the left hand light I changed it to blue in the corner. As the character moves towards the middle the lights blend. I find this fascinating and it's not so obvious in the retail game as of course, the lights are a standard yellow or white colour and specific stand out colours are usually singular.

Well, just some extremely basic tests from me but I hope it provides a visual on how much fun and interesting dynamics this new tool provides - and that's just basic camera and light editing. Definitely worth checking out for old and new modders alike.
                        Last edited by BiohazardFE; 01-02-2017, 10:05 AM.
                        sigpic

"Beware the friends bearing false gifts and speaking with fork tongues. Poor Four-Eyes!" - Rev, New Dominion Tank Police

Comment

Hey Mark, I'm trying to load some rooms from the Trial Edition but I'm running into some issues with BioHerb. I'm getting a lot of "failed to load" and crashes after first using it for 1.5 rooms. Are there some compatibility issues here?
                          Last edited by Guest; 01-10-2014, 03:20 PM.

Comment

So I decided to extract the BioHerb archive again and for some reason now the rooms work. It seems that for whatever reason BioHerb is getting confused about what rooms it's loading and crashing, unless I use a clean archive for whatever rooms I'm using. :/
                            Last edited by Guest; 01-10-2014, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Close the application and delete the configuration file (data\\bioherb.ini). Restarting the application after doing so will create a fresh configuration using application-defined, default settings.
                              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Working...
                              X