No announcement yet.

Main Resident Evil Fanbase Is In Its 30s And 40s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Game development "politics" at companies like Capcom have been the same for quite some time, it's just that retro coverage of games was about the games themselves and the excitement surrounding the possibilities brought forth by new games and tech and less about tabloid headlines and the scene "drama" where every single writer/reader thinks they're some sort of business expert and completely goes in over their head in terms of interpreting concepts they (in most cases) don't actually understand.

I mean, just read about Inafune's early years at Capcom and see how it exactly mirrors the development of MT Framework and Lost Planet 1, or how the prototype for Shadow of Rome 2 turned into Dead Rising because of "zombie games sell" -- which is not too different from how everyone were doing platformers and hoarding cheap movie licenses to make games out of at some point.

The problem might be more about how they're unwilling to change from that old mold, resulting in their older talent jumping ships (since they're seemingly burned out from having to constantly fight their own employer in order to make the new/different titles they want to make and take the risks they want to take -- and the new talent doesn't have the authority/power to influence anything).

Comment

The game development politics, like you said, have been around for quite some time, but it just seems like Capcom is the worst with it, to the point where you want to throw up.
      My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
      ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

I am 29 and i started to play it since 1996...but ended in 1998 from there on loving the series...I wonder if revelation was made for core fans because it had some similarities with RE1.... specially the files....ship's captain file seems similar to keepers diary....at least it reminded me of keepers diary

Comment

Originally posted by Graco View Post
          While I have no proof I feel fairly certain that fan mods of PSX titles are not given serious consideration on Capcom's part when determining the future of the series' direction. It wouldn't surprise me if none of Capcom's staff have even seen or played one. I agree though that it would seem subtlety is unfavorable/boring to younger audiences.
          TBH, I could give a Rats A** what the young audience want. Because they don't know what they want.... Shoot'em up games are dull and boring now. Way over used.

another thing I do not get is, a lot of people since the BioFlame years have been wanting 1.5 for almost 15 years, a deal goes sour in 08, than this awesome team, IGAS leaks a 1.5 beta and offers make a full functional retail style version of the game you've been long for, and you try to diss them? WTF?
          Last edited by BrionIrons; 05-28-2014, 08:45 AM.
          sigpic
          www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Originally posted by BrionIrons View Post
            another thing I do not get is, a lot of people since the BioFlame years have been wanting 1.5 for almost 15 years, a deal goes sour in 08, than this awesome team, IGAS leaks a 1.5 beta and offers make a full functional retail style version of the game you've been long for, and you try to diss them? WTF?
            Re-read what he wrote. I don't see a diss to IGAS.
            sigpic

Comment

What a load of rubbish - I'd say the main fanbase is younger.

I played and completed RE1 Director's Cut at the age of 7, and been playing every RE game ever since - I'm now 23 yrs old.

I also hate the new direction that ALL modern games have now taken - especially the horror titles. The only modern game that was still classic and scary was Fatal Frame/Project Zero 4 on Wii.
              "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                Re-read what he wrote. I don't see a diss to IGAS.
                I'm not talking about him I'm talking in general. I saw the 1.5 thread in here and there's always drama and complaining.
                sigpic
                www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                  What a load of rubbish - I'd say the main fanbase is younger.
                  Original fanbase was like 13-16 when the first game came out....fuck, almost 20 years ago....I'm feeling old now.

Comment

Working...
                  X