No announcement yet.

Main Resident Evil Fanbase Is In Its 30s And 40s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep that bottom shit there to yourself and/or at least out of this thread. 'Cause now you're just being an ass and going off-topic.

Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post
    mods have different goals, people want different things, how is that confusing? extreme battle mode is bad?
    Think the point was that people moan about Capcom going for an "action approach" with some of their games, yet you see the younger fans do nothing but make mods that involves shooting -- rather than, you know, the suppposed style of gameplay they prefer. To use food as an example; if you so desperately want to eat taco, you don't go out of your way to make a stew instead.
    Last edited by Carnivol; 01-02-2014, 10:59 AM.

Comment

im being an ass?

who would make stew if they want tacos?

people eat what they want, and make the kind of mod they want because thats what they want. maybe some crazy people out there might want variety and say "hey, those guys are making a mod like this, so im gonna make one like that".

to make a product with the intent of pleasing others and not yourself will not feel very personal to the end user.

i made stew and tacos with my sherry/duke nukem variety in gameplay styles, is that confusing?

and don't take what i am saying with malicious or rhetorical intent, i am being very serious. preference is personal, and mods like that do not send a confusing message just because he doesn't understand that. but bringing that up somehow wasn't off topic? dude talkin about what he doesn't like about peoples mods?

Comment

people eat what they want, and make the kind of mod they want because thats what they want.
        Therefore, people have the right to name the modification however they please, thus, contradicting your previous statement which was, in-turn, what led to this little "argument".

Anybody who's anybody will know the difference, new name, or not.

...kind of sick and fucking tired of every topic on this forum being diverted into a conversation/flame war about IGAS, honestly.
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Stew? Tacos? Now I'm hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
            Therefore, people have the right to name the modification however they please, thus, contradicting your previous statement which was, in-turn, what led to this little "argument".

Anybody who's anybody will know the difference, new name, or not.

...kind of sick and fucking tired of every topic on this forum being diverted into a conversation/flame war about IGAS, honestly.
            you're right, multiple things having the exact same name isn't confusing. "anybody who's anybody" lol wtf...?

igas isn't important enough for me to talk so much about anymore, its about b.zorks random statement about what he doesn't like with other peoples mods. if that was not flaming i don't know what is.

alright sure, im the bad guy here for not letting it go.

Comment

i made stew and tacos with my sherry/duke nukem variety in gameplay styles, is that confusing?
              Um...what the fuck did I just walk into? O.o

I am so confused as to what the argument here is about.
              Last edited by Wrathborne; 01-02-2014, 09:30 PM.

Comment

So...despite ORC, RE5 and RE6 taking a hammering in reviews, the most positive comments recently being about Revelations and Leon's RE6 path and such, it's the fault of fans for getting old and not appreciating Michael Bay: The Video Game as much as Capcom commands rather than CoD players already playing, well, Call of Duty?

And Capcom's answer to the problem is, rather than listening to the negative critisicsm, going, 'Hey, see those guys who are finally paying off debts, getting a good income and have plenty of disposable cash? Fuck those guys! We want the people with student loans and McDonalds jobs! They want games where the whole planet explodes every twenty seconds and then a giant pair of tits slaps the screen! Those our boyz!'

Well done, Capcom, for once again finding the so obvious right answer, when the rest of us just thought you were making shitty games that didn't appeal to the people who actually want your product. I look forward to Resident Evil 7: Zombie Panty Snatcher Raiders, but alas I turn 30 in a few months. So I guess I''ll just take my Ā£400 a month disposable income and play games that want my money. I know you'll be fine, Capcom. The Call of Duty players will want you. Honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoon View Post
                  So...despite ORC, RE5 and RE6 taking a hammering in reviews, the most positive comments recently being about Revelations and Leon's RE6 path and such, it's the fault of fans for getting old and not appreciating Michael Bay: The Video Game as much as Capcom commands rather than CoD players already playing, well, Call of Duty?
                  RE5 never took a hammering in reviews. Its only problem was that it had the legacy of RE4 to live up to.

RE6 did take "some" media beating (but the average review score is something like 7.5/10), but the majority of the complaints seems to boil down to three issues;
                  1. The game not being a cover shooter. This is generally a non-issue as far as whether or not the game is actually a good game goes, though, 'cause the controls are tight and the gameplay mechanics (like with its two most easily "compared to" titles; Vanquish and Lost Planet 2) is pretty solid at its core -- it could've needed better stages and enemy designs, for sure (but even RE6 has some neat designs and concepts in place on that front, people were just too busy not complaining about the game rather than playing it to ever notice them in action)
                  2. Shit happens everywhere and it's a cluttered mess. (This is my main issue with the game too; the game is more or less a rail-shooter/rollercoaster/theme park in its level design and it doesn't quite work as well as it should. Lost Planet 2 did it better, slamming Resident Evil on the cover didn't solve the problem of public perception)
                  3. The interface/UI is a mess (Seriously, every time I boot that game, the interface puzzles me and I need to "re-learn it" ... nothing to do with the different designs for each character, but more with the fact that the inventory, menus, sub-menus, etc. is a fucking mess.)

ORC ... the fact that it sold as much as it did, shows what selling power the franchise actually has, though. No way to defend that game, though. But they should totally bank on a mixture of whatever they did with ORC (to achieve those sales) and RE6 (not abandon the smooth controls, freedom of movement, etc.), but with the level and encounter design/polish of RE4-5.

Anyway, I'm rambling, and before I feel the urge to kill a certain someone in this thread, I shall point out the most important thing to've spawned here;
                  Michael Bay
                  I would pay good money to see him direct a Zombie movie.

Comment

Why? Just go through RE2 using the infinite rocket launcher. You have now seen a zombie movie done by Michael Bay.

Comment

Why? Just go through RE2 using the infinite rocket launcher. You have now seen a zombie movie done by Michael Bay.
                      No, you just described another Resident Evil movie by Paul W.S. Anderson. All the way down to the camera work. (Okay, so Paul W.S. Anderson is more CVX than RE2, but still).

To see where I'm coming from with this; pretty much watch any making of of any major scene in any Michael Bay action flick. That guy knows better than anyone how to do composition, how to get stuff done with practical effects instead of CG*

Comment

*in before "bu bu bu transformers"

No, you just described another Resident Evil movie by Paul W.S. Anderson, all the way down to the camera work, and nothing even close to how Michael Bay actually approaches things on a technical and production level (Okay, so Paul W.S. Anderson is more CVX than RE2, but still) ... which reminds me, I need to watch Pain & Gain -- starting to see more and more reliable people list it as a guilty pleasure.

Comment

^ I loved Pain & Gain, nothing guilty about it. It's a surprisingly dark comedy based on a true story.

People may not like his movies, but I do (except Revenge of the Fallen, that one kinda fell flat). Bay is good at using practical effects, yeah, as well as apparently being awesome at quick-cut cinematography. Or rapid cut. I dunno the term, maybe I shouldn't use Cracked.com as a source.

Comment

Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
                            hardcore fans send much confusing message when many mods only is room filled of zombies to shoot. do people want more to shoot or not? i think atmosphere is most important, but young audience of today often use too much headset chat, own pop music and similar when playing. so much ruined atmosphere.
                            While I have no proof I feel fairly certain that fan mods of PSX titles are not given serious consideration on Capcom's part when determining the future of the series' direction. It wouldn't surprise me if none of Capcom's staff have even seen or played one. I agree though that it would seem subtlety is unfavorable/boring to younger audiences.
                            Last edited by Graco; 01-06-2014, 10:24 AM.
                            sigpic
                            "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Originally posted by Renard View Post
                              At least the Resident Evil series hasn't been reduced to a mobile phone game.

Though it's getting there if it doesn't shape up.
                              It won't be long before they do though, after spending $40 million on mobile gaming last month. RE4, Degeneration and the Mercenaries have also been put on iOS in recent years.

Comment

Remember back in the day when Capcom just put out good games, and there was none of this nonsense about the age group of the people playing their games, trying to appeal to younger audiences, making their games too action, etc.?

Watch, the next article Capcom puts out will be them trying to make the Resident Evil series more appealing to toddlers. Take out all of the blood, make the zombies life-sized cotton-stuffed dolls that shoot out cotton when you hit them with a piƱata stick, and at the end of the game one of the side characters throws you a key with a Tickle-Me-Elmo doll attached to it, and the main character says "She pushed it."

I bet no one knew the day would come when Capcom would just be THIS ridiculous.
                                Last edited by RetroRain; 01-07-2014, 11:36 AM.
                                My YouTube Channel - www.youtube.com/user/RetroRain2
                                ROM Hacking Forum - acmlm.kafuka.org

Comment

Working...
                                X