Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

obsrv - Private Outbreak Server (File #1 and #2 , NTSC-J only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• obsrv - Private Outbreak Server (File #1 and #2 , NTSC-J only)

Looks promising and apparently you can player over emulator (albeit, with disconnects) - has anyone tried this with PCSX2?

I'm currently rummaging my library to find my Japanese copy. Will post back with updates when I test this.

If old, feel free to lock topic or purge. Searched and couldn't find anything.

edit: JP->EN translation patch available at link below. Save a backup of your RAW disc before applying, as it's currently being revised and a new update may come in a few days.

Both Patches are for the most part complete. Most files have been ported over from the retail localization with tons of additional work by...
    Last edited by ChuckthePlant; 01-04-2014, 12:49 AM. Reason: added translation patch link
    If you read this, you wasted five seconds of your life.

I don't know if it's still an issue but if your wanting to use pcsx2 online with a ps2 v1-11 non slimline you need to dump the bios with network adapter attached as it contains the extra online modules on the network adapter it's self.

Comment

I've been playing on the servers for a couple of weeks now together with Enigmatism. If you plan on playing on emu though, you should know that the game will randomly crash sometimes. The rate at which it happens is very random. Also, if your PC isn't quite powerful enough, the framerate dips will disconnect you from the game. Play on real hardware if you can't handle those, otherwise play on emu instead since the game looks beatiful at 1080p and with the widescreen hack applied.
      Seibu teh geimu?
      ---

Comment

Could you explain a bit on how to apply the widescreen hack found at http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2...1674#pid271674 ?

I can't seem to get it working.

Comment

Copy and paste the following lines in two separate notepad documents and save them as '.pnach' files. Place them in the "cheats" directory of PCSX2. Then under "System" menu, tick "Enable Cheats" and in Config > Emulation Settings, set aspect ratio to "Widescreen (16:9)".

For Outbreak File 1: Name this text document as "198EFDC1.pnach"
          s
          gametitle=BioHazard Outbreak [NTSC-J] (SLPM-65428)
          comment=FMV's fix will cause abnormal collection interface

//gameplay by synce
          patch=1,EE,20239d48,extended,3fe28f5c

//FMV's fix by nemesis2000
          //value 1
          patch=1,EE,001BA0E4,word,00000000

//value 2 (hex only)
          patch=1,EE,003492B4,word,01262818
          patch=1,EE,003492B8,word,24061c00
          patch=1,EE,003492Bc,word,00c55822

//value 3 (raw code only with M code for ps2rd)
          patch=1,EE,00349118,word,24060015
          patch=1,EE,003492E8,word,000b5843
          patch=1,EE,003492F0,word,00aB28AC
          For Outbreak File 2: Name the text documnent as "DC0BFB60.pnach"

gametitle=BioHazard Outbreak File #2 [NTSC-J] (SLPM-65692)

//gameplay by synce
          patch=1,EE,202491fc,extended,3fe28f5c

//FMV's fix by nemesis2000
          patch=1,EE,0034C5E8,word,24060015

patch=1,EE,0034C784,word,01262818
          patch=1,EE,0034C788,word,24061c00
          patch=1,EE,0034C78c,word,00c55822

patch=1,EE,0034C7B8,word,000b5843
          patch=1,EE,0034C7Bc,word,14620003
          patch=1,EE,0034C7c0,word,00ab2820

patch=1,EE,001bb2b4,word,00000000

//File 3 character unlock
          patch=1,EE,20311D40,word,FFFFFFFF
          patch=1,EE,20311D44,word,FFFFFFFF
          patch=1,EE,20311D48,word,0000FFFF
          patch=1,EE,20311D4C,word,00000000
          *Delete the lines under "File 3 character unlock" if you don't want to unlock the hidden NPCs. Use the "Data Transfer" feature to unlock them in File 1. The above files were made with the English-patched version of the games in mind. I'm not sure if they will also work with the non-patched games. You might need to edit/rename them if you use them for a different version of the game. Just a heads up, the most complete version of the File 1 English patch is known to crash the game in the "Outbreak" level. Use one of the earlier versions of the patch or ask around on the forums for the more stable 100% translated version done by SilentHell (contains lots of files from the US version, so there are no public links posted).
          Last edited by biohazard_star; 01-04-2014, 11:42 AM.
          Seibu teh geimu?
          ---

Comment

i want to try this but i cant remember the interface and shit and cant understand japanese writing

Comment

If anyone needs help setting up the emulator, just PM me or ask questions here.

---

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
              The above files were made with the English-patched version of the games in mind. I'm not sure if they will also work with the non-patched games. You might need to edit/rename them if you use them for a different version of the game.
              You definitely need to rename the files depending upon the applied patch. It's easy though: when you boot the game with PCSX2, search for the CRC (Cyclic Redundancy Check) code buried within the lines of code. Simply use this number to name your cheat file, followed by the .pnach file extension.

---

Originally posted by Darkness View Post
              i want to try this but i cant remember the interface and shit and cant understand japanese writing
              The English patches are pretty thorough...
              Last edited by Enigmatism415; 01-04-2014, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkness View Post
                The most annoying part is the menu for the network setup, but this can be remedied by obtaining an NTSC/English network setup disc.

biohazard_star, ty.
                Last edited by ChuckthePlant; 01-04-2014, 09:43 PM.

Comment

This is amazing. I couldn´t finish the online setup properly yet (I´m trying with a NTSC-J Outbreak 1 ISO on PCSX2 since I don´t have either the japanese games nor a japanese PS2). Aparently I´m doing everything fine but I don´t know what to do after setup is complete.
                  The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

someone should make a step by step tutorial on how to do it on YouTube.
                    if they have the time.

Comment

Might be time to bring the UBCS scrubs out of retirement.

Comment

it's all far to confusing to me I don't even know were to start , can someone make a video set up guide.

Comment

I can´t make a video now, but, to make things easier, I can write a brief guide:

1) Create an account on http://www.obsrv.org/

2) Get an Outbreak or Outbreak file 2 NTSC J version in either physical disk (with also a PS2 capable of running japanese games) or ISO file to run on PCSX2

From here on in, these steps are specifically for those who want to play with emu (wich is the way I did it), and different things should be made and take into account in case you want to play on PS2 real console:

(So, for emu players)

3) Patch the ISOs (the patch not only translates some texts to english but also helps you to bypass the DNAS check during network setup) Here is a link where you can get the patches and the program needed to apply them: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByO...it?usp=sharing

4) Get PCSX2 and load Outbreak or Outbreak file 2 to start network configuration, here is a step by step guide on how to configure network: http://obsrv.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=388 , once you finished your network setup, you should be redirected to the server loggin screen, where you have to write the same user name and password from your obsrv.org forum account.

5) If network configuration doesn´t work, or crashes or whatever, as an alternative you can download this emu: http://www.mediafire.com/download/30...hva5c/PS23.rar which comes with the network setup already configured and ready to play, so ignore step 4 if you want to do it this way.

Hope it helps, I´ve did it yesterday and already played both Outbreaks succesfully online with other people. Sorry for my english, you know, it´s not my own language.
                          Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 01-07-2014, 05:23 PM.
                          The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

I love outbreak far more than I should but I'll just wait for the release for the US version which will happen inevitably someday. I cant be buying ANOTHER console to fit in my room.

Comment

Nothing will be released for the US version and you can softmod your PS2 to play the japanese game (and even install it to a harddrive), no need to buy or mod a console.

Comment

Working...
                              X