Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Is It Someone New?" (A BioShock Inspired Fan Game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Is It Someone New?" (A BioShock Inspired Fan Game)

Here is a playthrough of my as of yet unreleased DEMO of "Is It Someone New?" A BioShock inspired Fan Game made by yours truly, created via RPG Maker VX Ace (using several DLC content packs). It takes place in 1997, in the City of Rephaim (meaning "The Dead Ones"), and is a social satire of the hell many of us have experienced, the hell known as High School. Much like how BioShock is a satire of Objectivism, and BioShock Infinite is a satire of Religious Extremism, "Is It Someone New?" is a satire of the cliques, school politics, "school spirit", sports fever, and general insanity that is High School. It's worse here, because the students are forever trapped in High School, as eternal students, and never age, a side effect of being resurrected from the dead with PEP (this universe's ADAM). The Big Daddies of this universe are Proc Jocks, and Cheerleaders are this universe's version of Little Sisters. Plasmids are Team Spirits. ADAM is PEP (Pep Rally has a VERY different meaning here.) Local indigenous poisonous moths are the ADAM Slugs. Gene Tonics are Pep Tonics. CGI Cheerleader Chrissy Machines are the Circus of Values. CGI Amigo Alonzo Machines are the El Ammo Bandito. "Getting Spliced Up" is "Getting Pepped Up". Splicers are Forgotten Memories. Tommy's Team Spirits Machine is the Gatherer's Garden. Each Team Spirit machine plays a 1990s pop music track fitting the Team Spirit being sold. CD Players function as Audio Diaries. All you see is all I've made so far, but the rest of the story is written out in a script I've written down, only the introduction level has been created thus far.
    Last edited by Eteponge; 01-09-2014, 07:01 PM.

I just updated with a playthrough of the brand new updated version of the DEMO.

Comment

It just wouldn't be like BioShock without hackable vending machines! Check out what I've implemented in the Lighthouse DEMO 3.0 build of my BioShock inspired fan game "Is It Someone New?".

Comment

This looks very well done, good job
        Do you know when you will be releasing it to the public?

Comment

It's still in early stages progress wise. Athough I do have the story written, characters written, plasmids / items / key items / vending machines / plasmid machines / infusion system / hacking system / enemies done, just the hard long process of mapping areas / event work / balance work left. I have a few additional areas made so far. Just need to remotivate myself and actually get it done.
          Last edited by Eteponge; 02-04-2014, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Yeah I have to get remotivate myself as well, Thank you for the information on it. When you get it done will you send me a link to the game via pm or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Eteponge View Post
              It's still in early stages progress wise. Athough I do have the story written, characters written, plasmids / items / key items / vending machines / plasmid machines / infusion system / hacking system / enemies done, just the hard long process of mapping areas / event work / balance work left. I have a few additional areas made so far. Just need to remotivate myself and actually get it done.
              Do you know about how to get achievements onto a game? Or a quest locator? There are some scripts for those you can find, helps make the game have a higher replay value

Comment

I was actually thinking of adding Achievements to my game somehow, if I can figure out how. When you first enter the Lighthouse, I was wanting to add an Achievement called "Derrick Came Home" (A reference to the "Sunny Came Home" song.) And when you defeat the first boss, an Achievement called "This is how we dooo it!" (A reference to a 1995 song.)

Most importantly, I want to add a random stat up system, similar to the SaGa game series, in addition to the Infusion system I've added. But can't seem to find a script for it.
                Last edited by Eteponge; 02-07-2014, 01:43 AM.

Comment

I've added this game's version of "Power To The People" machines. It's a school book called "Success To The Student" that teaches new techniques with the Wrench. I've also removed the leveling system entirely, and instead made it so that all enemies can randomly drop different Infusions that each increase a specific stat or increase max health / team spirit, and that's how you get stronger. I've also added Greater Infusions that boost all stats by a greater amount, and you have to pay for them from a machine, at one use per machine.
                  Last edited by Eteponge; 02-13-2014, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X