Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capcom wants you to suffer in HD - Resident Evil 4 HD on Steam 28th of February 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
    They should re release the first three games with win7 support like FFVII !
    yes. but also wish small team could port glitchy old prototype code for 3.5 for pc as bonus in hd edition or just new video of history.

Comment

Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
      yes. but also wish small team could port glitchy old prototype code for 3.5 for pc as bonus in hd edition or just new video of history.
      the main question is: where is this old prototype code?

Comment

Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
        If they did that:
        INSTABUY.

Comment

Unfortunately this "ultimate" version still won't have real-time cutscenes of Seperate Ways. The old 480p video is being stretched to 1080p. Yuck. One of the developers confirmed this unfortunate fact in the steam forums. However, he did say that the main game's cutscenes will be real-time. This release is just a direct port from the PS3/360 RE4HD release two years ago. They are asking for the high price of $40USD for this digital download. I've purchased Re4 several times already and wonder if I should do it again. Maybe if this sells well enough, Capcom will finally give CVX a PC port for the first time.

Comment

So nobody made any progress with porting the wii / gc evd files?
            from what I remember when you deleted the movie files it'd render the cutscenes
            fine but all the character and enemy models where missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
              So nobody made any progress with porting the wii / gc evd files?
              from what I remember when you deleted the movie files it'd render the cutscenes
              fine but all the character and enemy models where missing.
              No point in doing that when the new version does it all in realtime (except from the Seperate Ways cutscenes and that one bridge collapse scene in the main game, but none of those were ever done realtime on HW ... too bad they never bother with implementing those things in realtime when doing port jobs like these, though)

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                No point in doing that when the new version does it all in realtime (except from the Seperate Ways cutscenes and that one bridge collapse scene in the main game, but none of those were ever done realtime on HW ... too bad they never bother with implementing those things in realtime when doing port jobs like these, though)
                So the Wii version doesn't have realtime cutscences for SW? that sucks.
                Still this HD release with main game cutscenes might give a better insight into what files are missing from SW it can't be that hard reuse the pmd models.

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
                  Unfortunately this "ultimate" version still won't have real-time cutscenes of Seperate Ways. The old 480p video is being stretched to 1080p. Yuck. One of the developers confirmed this unfortunate fact in the steam forums. However, he did say that the main game's cutscenes will be real-time. This release is just a direct port from the PS3/360 RE4HD release two years ago. They are asking for the high price of $40USD for this digital download. I've purchased Re4 several times already and wonder if I should do it again. Maybe if this sells well enough, Capcom will finally give CVX a PC port for the first time.
                  It's actually $20, but yeah I get what you mean. Sad that they're just gonna mangle the cutscenes with stretching instead of rendering in real-time, but hey. What do you expect Capcom to do? Work? Pleeeease.

Comment

Working...
                  X