Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capcom wants you to suffer in HD - Resident Evil 4 HD on Steam 28th of February 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*sigh*

Guess I gotta record those cutscenes again.
    PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I doubt the graphics will be better than the unofficial patch (seems to be a common theme these days), unless there are also some engine tweaks or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
        Would you drink 9 year old soda? :haha:
        Not unless I had to. ;) Funny thing is I read an article a few months back about a guy who drank a airplane served can of US Coke from like 1990 before they replaced the sugar with HFCS. He said it was still fizzy and tasted better than a new can with the corn syrup. :p

I'd be okay replaying the 9 year old game though. The fan HD update of the first RE4 PC release mostly used the GC assets to update the piss poor job done. Even the console HD versions lack. Guess I can only just wait and see if this PC version really is that greatly improved.

Comment

With all the money Capcom has made on all the versions of RE4 why not just remake the game completely.....SRS.

Comment

Gross. Another sad attempt by Capcom to make more cash by re-releasing (yet again) one of their more successful titles. They couldn't even change it up a little. Oh well, I never even really liked RE4.

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
            2. You are Newsbot, and you demand only the highest quality videos on your RE site.
            I laughed.

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
              I hope they just ctrl+c ctrl+v in everything they have!
              It will be ctrl+c ctrl+v from the archives books...

This game just had it's 9th anniversary. Amazing. Of all the versions it's had I've only got the GCN and PS2.

And poor News Bot was also one of the first things I thought of when I saw this news
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                There are two reasons I can see for people getting this port.

1. You're a PC only gamer. The original PC port was disgustingly terrible. You gamers deserve this port.
                2. You are Newsbot, and you demand only the highest quality videos on your RE site.

Other than that... Good god. They're going with the Street Fighter naming scheme. Imagine the game's 20th anniversary.

"Relive the classic! Buy Super Resident Evil 4 Ultimate 4K Hyper Edition! Now in 4K resolution!"
                I am one of the few who are getting it, and its my 3rd RE4 purchase: previously on GC and PS2.

Comment

Originally posted by Renard View Post
                  I laughed.
                  Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                  And poor News Bot was also one of the first things I thought of when I saw this news
                  The things I do for others
                  Last edited by News Bot; 01-22-2014, 09:08 AM.

Comment

I fail to see what makes this so "ultimate" what does this have that other versions didn't have? Also no buy unless it has mouse support which the fact they haven't mentioned it shows it probably won't.....

Comment

Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                      I fail to see what makes this so "ultimate" what does this have that other versions didn't have? Also no buy unless it has mouse support which the fact they haven't mentioned it shows it probably won't.....
                      According to the page on Steam:

Native keyboard and mouse support with customizable key binding, mouse sensitivity, and mouse acceleration settings.

I'm going to avoid this one, I've played many of the RE ports and unfortunately the 'Ultimate HD Graphics' doesn't appeal to me. It's good to see the game having a decent port on the PC (Unlike the last one). The trailer mentions special features, but I'm sure there won't be anything new.

Comment

They should re release the first three games with win7 support like FFVII !

Comment

Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
                          A thousand times this.

Comment

Indeed. Capcom and Steam should do the same as Tomb Raider did, the entire franchise on Steam up to date for modern OS. Maybe it wouldn´t be possible with RE0 and remake but at least for RE1 to RECV there´s no impediment at all.

And please, add a damn hard mode to RECV once and for all.
                            Last edited by Lanzagranadas; 01-22-2014, 01:12 PM.
                            The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Definitely! It would be great to see the Hard Mode and Nightmare Mode on RE2 if they re-released that too (although it was present in the original PC version).

Comment

Meh.

Comment

Working...
                                X