Resident Evil and Onimusha composer exposed as a fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil and Onimusha composer exposed as a fraud

"Resident Evil and Onimusha composer Mamoru Samuragochi has admitted hiring someone else to write his music for nearly two decades, according to the Japan Times.

The 50-year-old, dubbed the "Japanese Beethoven", lost his hearing completely at the age of 35 but continued to work using what he calls his "absolute pitch". In Japan he is most famous for Hiroshima Symphony No 1, which he dedicated to those killed in the 1945 atomic blast, but gamers know him best for his work on Capcom's Resident Evil and Onimusha.

According to Samuragochi's promotional website, he composed the music for 1997's Resident Evil: The Director's Cut, called Biohazard in Japan, while hiding "his severe hearing disability and living under harsh conditions".

Resident Evil and Onimusha composer Mamoru Samuragochi has admitted hiring someone else to write his music for nearly t…

I guess that explains this then:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

YouTube video:

Amazing.
    Last edited by biohazard_star; 02-05-2014, 09:05 AM.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Comment

Hilarious but also kinda sad.
      PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

His contribution to the original soundtrack is zero, so not worries in that sense but the orchestra album was cool, the dualshock soundtrack was shit in my opinion.

Comment

I hope people are not going to spew venom at this deaf man. Personally, I cannot find this hilarious in any way, even though he has lied obviously. He probably is suffering enough already
          Last edited by fishboil; 02-05-2014, 01:55 PM.

Comment

No wonder the DualShock Director's Cut OST sounded like complete shit.

Sad that he has been suffering from hearing loss. That must be hard with his career being based around music and composing.

Comment

Did they start calling him the Japanese Beethoven BEFORE or after he turned deaf?

Comment

Suddenly, the Directors Cut OST begins to make a lot of sense.

Also: http://www.destructoid.com/ghost-wri...f-270123.phtml

...Prior to that, "I told him a few times that we should stop doing this, but he never gave in. Also he said he would commit suicide if I stopped composing for him."
                Horrible.

Comment

...Prior to that, "I told him a few times that we should stop doing this, but he never gave in. Also he said he would commit suicide if I stopped composing for him."
                  That's considered emotional abuse.

Comment

HAHAHA I KEEP LAUGHING CUZ MANSION BASEMENT

Comment

Okay, it's sad and everything but... holy shit, mansion basement, my sides have entered orbit now that I know the connection!

Comment

I always wondered why it was decided to redo the soundtrack for the Dual Shock because that basement soundtrack just summarises it.

Comment

It's terrible what he did, but the DCDS soundtrack is great. Love that basement music to death!
                          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                            Hilarious but also kinda sad.
                            Yup, pretty much how I feel about this.

This guy obviously has some serious mental health issues. Faking a deaf impairment, only to release an extremely bizarre mixture of strange noises, and to call it music?

I can't even tell who the joke falls onto.

Either way, I hope that he sorts out his issues and get better, if at-all possible.
                            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

^ It wasn't a fake impairment, the article says he faked the music, not the illness. It's because of his illness that his actual work on the series was so awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X