RE4 PC Comparison Footage & Screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE4 PC Comparison Footage & Screens

Capcom just put up 2 gameplay videos of RE4; The SD version and the upcoming HD version for PC. The videos aim to give you a direct comparison between the 2 versions.

Most of us have played RE4 once or twice. Or three or four times. Or you know maybe some of us have played it a dozen or so over the past nine years. But most of us have NOT played it at 1920?1080 with a stunning 60fps searing the screen. We hoped our [earlier trailer] […]

The only noticeable difference is the badge. The other textures still look rather low resolution. I'm disappointed that the mafia costume won't show in cutscenes yet again and Separate Ways still uses the old low quality pre-recorded videos. Very irritating. Is this worth Capcom's asking price of $19.99?
    Last edited by djepic112; 02-05-2014, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Looking at the videos, they've replaced a lot of environment textures that - while yes, are "HD" and sharper than the originals, aren't the same as the originals... and are often missing detail. During the first cut scène with the guy at the fireplace, you look at both the fireplace and the wall and they've been replaced with bland basic HD textures. And then you look at the SD version and it gives the impression of being better.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
        Looking at the videos, they've replaced a lot of environment textures that - while yes, are "HD" and sharper than the originals, aren't the same as the originals... and are often missing detail. During the first cut scène with the guy at the fireplace, you look at both the fireplace and the wall and they've been replaced with bland basic HD textures. And then you look at the SD version and it gives the impression of being better.
        i think it would be hard to convert and adjust those particular Gamecube effects for the PC and FullHD.

Comment

Originally posted by yurieu View Post
          i think it would be hard to convert and adjust those particular Gamecube effects for the PC and FullHD.
          The fan mod for the first PC version seemingly did better than this though using mostly GC assets to fix and replace a large number of textures. Barring the 60hz option of course. In any case I'm not a fan of this HD version based on what's been shown.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
            The fan mod for the first PC version seemingly did better than this though using mostly GC assets to fix and replace a large number of textures. Barring the 60hz option of course. In any case I'm not a fan of this HD version based on what's been shown.
            I agree and I will not give them more money for a game that I own like 10 versions of. Make it a proper HD title, with textures that are vastly better, upgrade the lighting and effects, improve models, have true 5.1 support, replace those crappy Ada FMV's with real-time cut-scenes, and then maybe I'll bite again. There's so much they could have done to this game to make it better. Heck, add bump mapping and retool the whole game. Just another cash grab by CAPCOM...
            My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Working...
            X