Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 6 Shipped One Million Copies in Japan

カプコンは、PS3/Xbox 360/PCソフト『バイオハザード6』の国内累計出荷本数が100万本を突破したことを発表しました。

Capcom's Resident Evil 6 has just shipped 1 million copies in Japan. This means they will be able to release a cheaper version of the game as "Biohazard 6 PS3 The Best" and "Biohazard 6 Xbox 360 platinum collection" , with a price tag of 2,848 yen.

The new Bio6 version will be out in March 6.

"Cheap" stuff in Japan is still so overpriced. I'm still kind of mad that Capcom never made proper DLC for RE6. Did the game sell that bad to not justify the move?

Comment

This article tells you as much, almost 18 months after the game comes out they've struggled to even ship a million units in Japan let alone sell that many.

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
        This article tells you as much, almost 18 months after the game comes out they've struggled to even ship a million units in Japan let alone sell that many.
        It's 14 months and they sold/shipped over 7 million copies (excluded digital versions). If that's not s success, I don't know what is.
        Spoiler:

Comment

No, it's currently more than 17 currently from the start of October 2012 and over 18 by March when this new version launches, why is why I said 18. And shipped isn't sold no matter how much you say. There isn't exactly a shortage of the game (hell I can still find the overpriced CE here marked way down), brand new copies are a fraction of original RRP in clearance and have been for a year or so now, and Capcom has obviously made it vocal that indeed Bio6 has underdone its expectations.

To top it off Capcom struggled to ship a million units in Japan of a main title in the series, which epitomises the issue here. It hasn't sold.
          Last edited by Rombie; 02-08-2014, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_Chris View Post
            It's 14 months and they sold/shipped over 7 million copies (excluded digital versions). If that's not s success, I don't know what is.
            As of Dec 31st Capcom have shipped 5.6m including downloads according to their platinum sellers page.

Don't know where you get 'over 7m' from.
            Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

I'm pretty sure BIO6 is actually the highest selling game in Japan for the series since BIO3.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                I'm pretty sure BIO6 is actually the highest selling game in Japan for the series since BIO3.
                This is harder to note against though, because that version of Bio3 you're referring to was one SKU only when appearing on the PS1. Where as Bio6 and Bio5 for example are combined SKU totals (and Capcom has diluted that further this year by beginning to count "DL" platforms to it's Platinum+ sales charts). Given that I'm fairly certain Bio 5 has shipped well more than a million in Japan considering it's total of 6.6 million shipped units is the highest of any title in Capcom history. However if Capcom weren't combining SKU totals I doubt either would officially register on the million in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
                  "Cheap" stuff in Japan is still so overpriced. I'm still kind of mad that Capcom never made proper DLC for RE6. Did the game sell that bad to not justify the move?
                  The game itself doesn´t justifies any more DLC, considering it has already four mp modes, plus the Mercs extra stages, and the four campaigns. The game is already filled with content.
                  The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                    The game itself doesn´t justifies any more DLC, considering it has already four mp modes, plus the Mercs extra stages, and the four campaigns. The game is already filled with content.
                    Except for most games multiplayer is just the standard, not DLC. It also only had 3 maps compared to RE5s 10 or so, so putting in less content just to release DLC to get it up to par with the previous game can hardly be called "filled with content".
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                      Except for most games multiplayer is just the standard, not DLC. It also only had 3 maps compared to RE5s 10 or so, so putting in less content just to release DLC to get it up to par with the previous game can hardly be called "filled with content".
                      Well...if you include the left4dead2 cross over for the PC version,I guess you get a little extra content.

Still though, I dont think the game deserves to have sold a million units in Japan. Even if I look past my own gripes with the new "direction" they're following(action,action,quicktime event, rinse and repeat), it just doesnt have a good story, or characters or even a plot. I still give them credit for the J'aavo concept. I think its the best part of the game and the only really impressive thing about it.

Comment

It might not have good story, plot, or characters (hey, most of the cast are returning chars!), but it has the most awesome and fast-paced action gameplay we've seen since Vanquish and packs a lot more content and replay value than several AAA titles manages to pull off in an entire trilogy worth of existence ;D

Comment

Your sarcasm hurt my brain O.o

Comment

So, I finally bought Resident Evil 6... it was purchased from a bargain bin, for a whopping $15.

That was about two weeks ago, and I haven't played it yet.

I know how many of you fellows feel, but I really need an honest opinion, here: Is it really that bad? Should I just avoid it entirely and add it to my dusted collection of dusty Bio stuff, or what?

I'm trying to keep an open-mind, but I don't want hate myself for trying this game. Suggestions?
                            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

No, it's not that bad. I actually enjoyed it.

Comment

Working...
                              X