Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum things, y u no update?

Open this link and look at the thread title "Mr. Claus Invades RE2"

A place to discuss, present, and develop tools, showcase work, or release tutorials pertaining to the modification of the Resident Evil games.

Now view the topic and note that the thread title is updated, in the thread only. This means that when people are viewing the forum, they cannot tell that this is a new release for RE2 unless they already stumbled upon the thread and viewed the topic.

Things on THIA have a habit of not wanting to update. When I change my forum avatar, the avatar does not update. When I make new posts, it shows the new avatar but olds posts do not contain the new avatar.

Well, some stuff sounds like it's not updating 'cause of your browser cache.

The thread title is a case of the first post having its title changed, which does not reflect the thread title (only mods can alter a thread title)

Comment

That's stupid. In every forum I visit the user has the ability to modify the thread title. Hell, it's the user that created the thread, not a moderator. I could understand if moderators are able to edit ALL threads but the user who creates a thread should be allowed to edit his/her own thread. That's like... a friggen step backwards.
      Last edited by DarkSpyda04; 03-04-2014, 04:10 PM.

Comment

I think it's because the admin does not allow editing of posts after a time. So it's up to the OP to think carefully about the topic title before posting it or PM a mod to get it changed.

Comment

Originally posted by BSAA . Org View Post
          I think it's because the admin does not allow editing of posts after a time. So it's up to the OP to think carefully about the topic title before posting it or PM a mod to get it changed.
          Think carefully, eh? Now what happens when the thread poster clicks the "submit" button too fast before realizing he should've put the thread title between [RELEASE][RE2 - PC] tags?

A place to discuss, present, and develop tools, showcase work, or release tutorials pertaining to the modification of the Resident Evil games.

Well now he's fucked and everyone who isn't the OP passes by the post, not knowing it were a release. YET, every other forum on the fucking internet allows the OP to edit the thread title. Do you see why this place is ass-backwards?

Comment

I know what you mean. I've been on other forums that don't even allow editing of the post once it's submitted.

Comment

Working...
            X