Resident Evil 5 Trailer, Shane Kim Foul-up, RE5 Wallpaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5 Trailer, Shane Kim Foul-up, RE5 Wallpaper

I've added the first Resident Evil 5 trailer to the videos page. This is a new encode which has better quality and fixes some of the mistakes I used to make while encoding. So if you have an older version from us, please update your video. Its available in both SD and HD resolutions.

Resident Evil 5 Video Page

Capcom has also added a new wallpaper for Resident Evil 5 on their blog, You can check it out at the link below, though its pretty awful.

Capcom Blog

Finally, in a rather amusing interview, Xbox 360 chief Shane Kim has stated that Resident Evil 5 coming to Xbox 360 at E3 2007 was to be Microsoft's "big" announcement this year. Apparently he forgot that it was announced nearly two years ago. Oh dear. Many laughs to be had at the Game Informer link below.

Kim: Yeah, but here’s the thing: I think one of the most important, subtle announcements at the Xbox 360 briefing is that Resident Evil is coming to Xbox 360. Yes, it’s from Capcom, who’s been a great supporter of us.

GI: But we knew that two years ago.

Kim: What?

GI: Resident Evil. It was shown at TGS two years ago.

Kim: No, but coming to Xbox 360.

GI: Yeah. It was at the press event.

Kim: I don’t think so.

GI: I’m positive. I was there.

Kim: Really?

GI: It was shown at both press conferences.

Kim: That RE5 was coming to…?

GI: Yep.

Kim: I’m going to have to confirm that. That was supposed to be the big announcement.

Game Informer Interviews Shane Kim
    Thanks go to Luckyman at Neogaf.
    Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-23-2007, 10:07 AM.

hahaha Shane Kim you absolute tool!

Comment

And Xbox fans the world around weep in unison because he's the big wig in charge now...

Comment

Thought the E3 trailer was actually real time 360 graphics...or at least thats what Peter Moore said..

Comment

No, its CG. Thats readily apparent when you take a look at the Chris model used for these latest trailers.

Comment

What a lame wallpaper. You can tell they just upscaled the 720p screen cap for the 1080p wallpaper and its just some textures layered over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
              No, its CG. Thats readily apparent when you take a look at the Chris model used for these latest trailers.
              Darn, can't find that Peter Moore interview, but I'm pretty sure he said that. Anyway, instead, found this link:

Quote:
              "9:42 - Talking about Japan - talking about a game - it won't launch this year on 360 but the trailer is in game footage - oh snap - Resident Evil 5 - desert down, angry townsfolk with sickles - rapid action montage - a giant 5 logo bleeds into the screen. That's it. More on July 26, when the full version of the trailer will be on the Xbox 360 Marketplace."

While the game looks incredibly good, lets not forget that 2008 or 2009 is pretty late development for 360...might look as good (at least i hope so).
              And, on the other hand, I don't think M$ is that stupid, to make a mistake like $ony did with Killzone 2.

Comment

Thats speaking about the E3 2007 trailer, the 1st trailer is from 2005 at TGS. I was saying the 2005 trailer was CG.

Comment

Dang it doesn't feel like 2 years since we'd seen something...before now =P

Comment

Originally posted by Prime Blue

I swear, one day NeoGAF will fucking kill me.
                    HAHAHAHA! Hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by griever666 View Post
                      While the game looks incredibly good, lets not forget that 2008 or 2009 is pretty late development for 360...might look as good (at least i hope so).
                      And, on the other hand, I don't think M$ is that stupid, to make a mistake like $ony did with Killzone 2.
                      It's done on the same multiplatform engine that originated on the PC platform (and started out with the Onimusha 3 engine). ALL of Capcom's games are using it now, with the first being Dead Rising. It's just that they're consistently optimizing it so we're seeing improvements apparent with DMC4 in particular.

MS or Sony weren't the ones to show the E3 trailer in 2005 but Capcom was open about it being a target render and not realtime footage.

The recent trailer looks good, but certainly not unbelievably good so the recent clips have been realtime footage. I still have to wonder how the games (any of them) would look if they were built on proprietery engines like Capcom's previous gen games.

Comment

Just so you all know, The wallpaper that was released on the PSN is the same as this one, so don't bother looking for it (its crap anyway!)

Comment

Kim: Yeah, but here’s the thing: I think one of the most important, subtle announcements at the Xbox 360 briefing is that Resident Evil is coming to Xbox 360. Yes, it’s from Capcom, who’s been a great supporter of us.

GI: But we knew that two years ago.

Kim: What?

GI: Resident Evil. It was shown at TGS two years ago.

Kim: No, but coming to Xbox 360.

GI: Yeah. It was at the press event.

Kim: I don’t think so.

GI: I’m positive. I was there.

Kim: Really?

GI: It was shown at both press conferences.

Kim: That RE5 was coming to…?

GI: Yep.

Kim: I’m going to have to confirm that. That was supposed to be the big announcement.

Ahahahahahahahaha....dumbass.
                          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Very good

Comment

supersic lol

Comment

Working...
                              X