Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here so yes! =)
    It's like Christmas in July.
    Now the main thing to study all the functionality.
    Thank you
    sigpic

Comment

• Unfortunately, nothing happened yet.
      From the beginning he asked vcruntime140.dll, I found it.
      The program produces an error:
      - An error occurred when starting the application (0xc000007b).
      Windows 8.0 64 bit.
      Last edited by AleX_Red_07; 05-11-2017, 06:17 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Sorry about that, here: Bio2DSR_Utility_v0.7z
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Unfortunately, the other Bio2DS-cdx does not start at all.
          I'll try another operating system.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AleX_Red_07 View Post
            Unfortunately, the other Bio2DS-cdx does not start at all.
            I'll try another operating system.
            There's no GUI, it's a commandline app.
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Yes, I understood that.
              That is it is necessary to write at once to a line the instruction?
              When I write the directory (cd CDSR\Bio2DS-cdx.exe) and then immediately to the command.
              Last edited by AleX_Red_07; 05-14-2017, 07:55 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Yes, I understood that.
                That is it is necessary to write at once to a line the instruction?
                When I write the directory (cd CDSR\Bio2DS-cdx.exe) and then immediately to the command.
                Not sure why you'd be trying to use the CD (change directory) command here?

You can simply copy+paste cmd.exe into the folder containing the cdx app and use the following command:

Bio2DS-cdx cdxbgm "CBGM Files"

If the BGM files are located in the "BGM Files" directory, this would result in the SNDMAIN and SNDSUB cdx files being created. Easy peasy. Also, notice the quotes around the directory? They are only necessary for folders that contains spaces.

I most likely will not be creating a GUI for this app.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Thanks =) I was able to compile BSS cdx.
                  I tried to replace the background ROOM101 by taking as a basis BSS from Dual Shock and putting inside backgrounds from the trial version.
                  But I just got no matches in the sectors.
                  I'm hopeless. What can be edited here?
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks =) I was able to compile BSS cdx.
                    I tried to replace the background ROOM101 by taking as a basis BSS from Dual Shock and putting inside backgrounds from the trial version.
                    But I just got no matches in the sectors.
                    I'm hopeless. What can be edited here?
                    You have to rebuild the vanilla BSS files.

Specifically, the game no longer uses the old compression method for the camera sprites/masks. With Gemini's help, I changed it to a method that's more compact and faster.

Soooo... a few steps you'll have to take:

1 - disassemble the vanilla BSS files to get the bitstream (BS) and the camera sprite (TIM) images (I think biofat will do this, can't remember right now)

2 - use the "cdxbssex" command to build a new BSS file, which utilizes the updated compression scheme

3 - use the "cdxbss" command to build the CDX file container

4 - rebuild the ISO, updating the LBA entries in the PSone executable (<--- judging the second picture you posted, this appears to be your problem)
                    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• I haven't visited thia for quite a while, had a very rough year.

Say, MGrass, do you still have a backup of v2.0 of Bio2 DS Remix?
                      If you do, could you reupload it for me?

I'd really like to play this again, but v2.1 refuses to work on my favourite emulators.
                      Previous versions of Remix worked, but I missed the 2.0 update and the newest version doesn't seem work for me.

It works fine with pSX 1.13 on PC, but when I try to run it on my OpenPandora which runs a PCSX-Reloaded fork or on my PSP with POPSLoader it crashes as soon as the Area Jump screen should come up. I guess some emulators are unable handle the new compression method.

I have v1.9, but Sherry and enemy sounds are broken, otherwise I'd just stick to that version.
                      I miss playing this awesome mod...

I wouldn't have dreamed that something like this is possible back when I played these games for the first time.
                      It's amazing what kind of modifications can be done by someone with knowledge and dedication, I've had hours of fun with your custom debug menu!
                      Last edited by Upaluppa; 09-15-2017, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Strange, I thought I have version 2.0
                        The whole list
                        Bio2_Bio15_Mix 03/27/2014
                        BioRemix2015July01
                        BIO2SPECIAL September 2015
                        Bio2DSSPMIX_Pacchi_v1_8

BioDS_Aug_04_2015_Pacchi_v1_9
                        BioRemix_Pacchi_1_9 ----- versions of different sizes

Bio2DSR_Nov_27_2016 --- 2.1

================================================== =========

Who learned all the functionality of Bio2DSR_Utility_v0.7z?
                        Please give me the FAQ, for God's sake.
                        So long I was not there.
                        No new information so far.
                        Last edited by AleX_Red_07; 09-10-2017, 06:56 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Strange, I thought I have version 2.0
                          The whole list
                          Bio2_Bio15_Mix 03/27/2014
                          BioRemix2015July01
                          BIO2SPECIAL September 2015
                          Bio2DSSPMIX_Pacchi_v1_8

BioDS_Aug_04_2015_Pacchi_v1_9
                          BioRemix_Pacchi_1_9 ----- versions of different sizes

Bio2DSR_Nov_27_2016 --- 2.1

================================================== =========

Who learned all the functionality of Bio2DSR_Utility_v0.7z?
                          Please give me the FAQ, for God's sake.
                          So long I was not there.
                          No new information so far.
                          You missed v2.0 as well, that's a shame. I hope that MGrass stops by sometime to reupload it.
                          I love this mod, but v1.9 has a few annoying problems and v2.1 doesn't work on the PSP which is my console of choice for the old Bio games.

I never tried using the Bio2DSR Utility to convert the files from other Bio games. I'll give it a try, if I manage to get it to work I'll tell you how I did it!

Also, the difference between the two versions of v1.9 is that the one with the larger filesize has an additional ZNULL.DAT file which improves compatibility with emulators.

"BioDS_Aug_04_2015_Pacchi_v1_9.7z" is the old version without ZNULL.DAT.

"BioRemix_Pacchi_1_9.7z" is the new version. This version fixes the music which is broken in the earlier one. However, it breaks Room 309 on Claire's disc, which accidently uses the backgrounds from Bio 1.5's Room 309.

In both versions the enemy sound effects are broken and all enemies are completely silent. Sherry is also broken, but Megan added some really useful improvements to her debug menu. The currently selected event/message is now remembered and the coordinate and RDT info can now be toggled On and Off from the menu.
                          Last edited by Upaluppa; 09-15-2017, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Here is what would have been Version 2.2, but still labeled as "Version 2.1" and has a build date of June 23, 2017. So far as I can remember, the only main difference in this build from the original Ver2.1 is that Lameguy64's mkpsxiso v1.15 is used to compile the ISO; Sony's "BUILDCD" app is no longer utilized.

There may be a few subtle bug fixes, if not, an introduction of new bugs. I really don't know. However, I do recall that I was about to put XA stream audio back into the game, for cut-scenes with spoken dialogue. I really want to work on this, but rather unfortunately don't have any time. An official Version 2.2 will come, eventually, I hope.

Here is the original upload of Version 2.0, as requested.
                            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                              Here is what would have been Version 2.2, but still labeled as "Version 2.1" and has a build date of June 23, 2017. So far as I can remember, the only main difference in this build from the original Ver2.1 is that Lameguy64's mkpsxiso v1.15 is used to compile the ISO; Sony's "BUILDCD" app is no longer utilized.

There may be a few subtle bug fixes, if not, an introduction of new bugs. I really don't know. However, I do recall that I was about to put XA stream audio back into the game, for cut-scenes with spoken dialogue. I really want to work on this, but rather unfortunately don't have any time. An official Version 2.2 will come, eventually, I hope.

This cheers me up after all the crap I went through recently! Thanks, Meg!

I understand that there's life besides coding new features into old games. Don't put yourself under pressure.
                              I'm more than happy with what you've given us so far.

I'll check back from time to time, if there's something new I know that I'll be enjoying it!
                              Until then, thank you for sharing this. Have a nice day!

Edit:
                              I saw the Goro Macida shrine! I laughed...
                              Last edited by Upaluppa; 09-16-2017, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                                Here is what would have been Version 2.2, but still labeled as "Version 2.1" and has a build date of June 23, 2017. So far as I can remember, the only main difference in this build from the original Ver2.1 is that Lameguy64's mkpsxiso v1.15 is used to compile the ISO; Sony's "BUILDCD" app is no longer utilized.

You worked out how to edit the XA, STR play length too then?
                                XA contains the VA doesn't it? is XA contained in multiple sound bank samples like midi or is it more or less the same as CDDA?

Last edited by Mikhail; 09-11-2017, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X