X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is going to be interesting!
    I'll be sure to give it a try!

Comment

• Just gave it a try, pretty sweet how all games come in nicely with the debug menu. Saw some of the funny descriptions in the 1.5 Office for RDTs

Also loving the debug features, will items in the menu carry over on the fly between games? Or will certain weapons be tied to the games?

Is the entire BH2 in it? Seems the case just without the voiceovers, unless it crashes at some point.
      Last edited by Darkside05; 07-05-2015, 01:41 AM.
      Zombies...zombies everywhere...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkside05 View Post
        Just gave it a try, pretty sweet how all games come in nicely with the debug menu. Saw some of the funny descriptions in the 1.5 Office for RDTs

Also loving the debug features, will items in the menu carry over on the fly between games? Or will certain weapons be tied to the games?

Is the entire BH2 in it? Seems the case just without the voiceovers, unless it crashes at some point.
        Currently, Items do carry over between games because I haven't setup the various containers and haven't finished developing and implementing the necessary code. Getting the games to run was the utmost priority and I can move on now since that's a wrap.

Just as mentioned with Items, I plan for each game to have its own set of weaponry.

No, Bio2 is not available in its entire form. This being a demo, I only included Stage1 and Stage2 (the street areas and RPD). This was done for several reasons, the main being that the ISO bloats up to maximum size when all data from all games is included.

As for spoken dialogue (XA audio) and FMV cutscenes (STR video), I had to completely remove all runtime data and code in-order to fit all the data on disc. Suffice to say that I had to remove all the code and cross references that handle that data. On occasion, but not always, the game will come out of sync causing the players to stand in place waiting for the next code queue, thus causing an infinite loop.

Should it ever occur, this infinite loop cycle can be broken by disabling a certain flag in the Flag Editor (one of the Status flags, IIRC). Of course, this issue will be addressed when I find the time and interest to do so.
        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Testing custom data, huge thank you to VirusPunk for the renders! I'm hoping that he'll have more for me to import
          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post

Testing custom data, huge thank you to VirusPunk for the renders! I'm hoping that he'll have more for me to import
            Excellent, that was very quick. Glad to see it turned out well without any problems. Plenty more where that came from.

Comment

• Nice
              sigpic

Comment

• Camera sprite/mask implementation for Bio Hazard 1 / Resident Evil 1 is complete. The character, enemies and all other 3D items can now disappear behind static objects.

All four games, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 1.5 Prototype, Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 all are now fully playable without glitches and ready to be scripted with events and so on.

I forgot to upload this video on July 09, 2015, the file date that it was recorded. This also happens to be the last day that I actually worked on this project (unless one were to consider the video with Virus Punk's test work).

Seeing as how all interest in this project seemed to have vanished with the release of the demo, I simply stopped working on it and moved onto something else.

This project is not dead, I just currently have no interest in working on it. Work will undoubtedly continue, probably later this year, simply out of boredom.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Camera sprite/mask implementation for Bio Hazard 1 / Resident Evil 1 is complete. The character, enemies and all other 3D items can now disappear behind static objects.

All four games, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 1.5 Prototype, Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 all are now fully playable without glitches and ready to be scripted with events and so on.

I forgot to upload this video on July 09, 2015, the file date that it was recorded. This also happens to be the last day that I actually worked on this project (unless one were to consider the video with Virus Punk's test work).

Seeing as how all interest in this project seemed to have vanished with the release of the demo, I simply stopped working on it and moved onto something else.

This project is not dead, I just currently have no interest in working on it. Work will undoubtedly continue, probably later this year, simply out of boredom.
                  I'm very much still interested in this! Glad to hear it's not dead. I hope others feel the same way.

Comment

Camera sprite/mask implementation for Bio Hazard 1 / Resident Evil 1 is complete. The character, enemies and all other 3D items can now disappear behind static objects.

I am most definitely interested. I enjoyed the demo quite a bit. Was curious as to what happened with this and was even tempted to PM you, but I figured you were extremely busy with other stuff. Shame you lost interest, but I'm glad to hear it isn't cancelled. This is one of the few more promising and impressive out of the hundreds(?) of projects out there.

Comment

• I had a lot of fun messing around with events and flags in RE2 thanks to your custom debug menu.
                      The demo that you released contains only the Streets and RPD rooms, though...

Would you mind releasing a version of this that contains the full RE2 game?
                      Being able to trigger the events of a room on the fly is a lot of fun, I'd love to play around with this in the later parts of RE2.

Maybe I'm to only one who feels that way, but there's a lot of potential in this project, it would be a shame to let it go to waste...
                      Last edited by Upaluppa; 09-12-2015, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunk_4TH View Post
                        I'm very much still interested in this! Glad to hear it's not dead. I hope others feel the same way.
                        Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
                        This is one of the few more promising and impressive out of the hundreds(?) of projects out there.
                        Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                        I had a lot of fun messing around with events and flags in RE2 thanks to your custom debug menu.
                        Many thanks for the support.

Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
                        Shame you lost interest, but I'm glad to hear it isn't cancelled.
                        Maybe I'm to only one who feels that way, but there's a lot of potential in this project, it would be a shame to let it go to waste...
                        It's definitely never going to waste; I put too much time and effort into it. If anything, I would just flat-out release the entire source code and complete IDA database if it came right down to it, but that's likely not going to happen.

I just got bored with it and didn't think anyone else really cared either. It also occurred to me that I never had any real direction - I was just aimlessly wandering around the original engine and pushing my programming limits. Hell, I still don't really have a clear end-game in-mind.

Would you mind releasing a version of this that contains the full RE2 game?
                        Being able to trigger the events of a room on the fly is a lot of fun, I'd love to play around with this in the later parts of RE2.
                        I considered this before I even released the demo. The problem is that I have absolutely no way of knowing how CAPCOM would react to such a thing. My fear is that I put so much work and dedication into this only to get smacked down by distributing data.

Additionally, we have had a few clowns sell fake prototype/beta games in the past. It hasn't happened in a couple years, to my knowledge, but there's a very real possibility that someone out there doesn't know about this project and would get duped.

So, I tread lightly and released a demo containing only the same assets that appeared on official demo disks from CAPCOM.

I really want to release Bio2 in full with my custom engine work, though, because it is especially fun to use my debug menu later in the game. Quick-turn also adds an interesting twist in certain spots. We'll see what happens.
                        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I really want to release Bio2 in full with my custom engine work, though, because it is especially fun to use my debug menu later in the game. Quick-turn also adds an interesting twist in certain spots. We'll see what happens.
                          Wouldn't it be possible to turn this into a patch or installer of sorts where the user has to provide the files of the full game in order to turn it into your Remix version?
                          Last edited by Upaluppa; 09-12-2015, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass
                            It's definitely never going to waste; I put too much time and effort into it. If anything, I would just flat-out release the entire source code and complete IDA database if it came right down to it, but that's likely not going to happen.
                            I wish more mod/engine developers went the same route. So many promising projects were cancelled and they didn't even bother releasing the source code or what they had so far after the project was cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
                              I wish more mod/engine developers went the same route. So many promising projects were cancelled and they didn't even bother releasing the source code or what they had so far after the project was cancelled.
                              In a perfect world, heh.

I understand, though. Putting a lot of work into something, only to turn around and watch some douche canoe reap the benefits isn't a fun place to find yourself in.

It's an absolute very last resort for me. I just hate seeing anything go to waste, especially something I've been extremely passionate about.

Wouldn't it be possible to turn this into a patch or installer of sorts where the user has to provide the files of the full game in order to turn it into your Remix version?
                              Well, I also considered the option of creating a patch, but ultimately deemed it to be pointless seeing as how the patch would end up being near the same size of a retail ROM.

The way ROM patching works is that the patch file itself includes everything that the original ROM doesn't. I completely changed the entire disk structure layout, which would inevitably result in a bloated patch file (400-700 MB for all 4 games) because nothing I put into a patch file would match anything on any original ROM.

An "installer" would be possible, but it would bust the door wide open for anyone willing to modify. I'm not ready for all of that. I currently have protections in-place, such as encrypted code, encrypted files, encrypted LBA table, all-new custom compression schematics and other stuff that I don't want to be tampered with right now.

Really, the best way is to release it in BIN/CUE format.

So, I created a special version that contains Bio2 and put it online for download here at this link. Remember, Bio1, Bio1.5 and Bio3 doesn't work in this build, at all, as no data was included for those games.

I'd also like to note that a certain cutscene in the lab will crash the game because it depends on a code overly that I removed from the game.

I fully expect all findings to be posted - unknown flags, previously unseen cutscenes, etc. ;P

Please, enjoy and use responsibly. Don't be an asshole and try to sell it. Just, don't be that person.

CONTROLS:

Triangle to enter/exit the Debug Menu.
                              Square button activates features in the Debug Menu.
                              L2/R2 buttons change the weapon in real-time on the fly.
                              Down+X to quick turn.

EDIT: I wanna pacchi you up (me so debug) Patch v1.8
                              Last edited by MeganGrass; 09-18-2015, 06:51 PM.
                              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Great!
                                Thank you so much! =)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X