Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debug Menu

Hello Meg,

Is it possible to remove the the debug and configuration menu?

Thanks
    Last edited by Coconut; 10-20-2017, 01:13 AM.
    New Resident Evil Classic modder

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
      You worked out how to edit the XA, STR play length too then?
      XA contains the VA doesn't it? is XA contained in multiple sound bank samples like midi or is it more or less the same as CDDA?
      Yes, ages ago. Per usual, there's a hard-coded structure in the executable that stores that exact information and more... and yes, voice acting samples are stored in an XA file container, of sorts, that more or less works in a similar way to CDDA (where data is streamed from disc in real-time when needed).

Making a utility for all of this would probably be rather simple, I'd presume. Find the time to do so, however...

Originally posted by Coconut View Post
      Hello Meg,

Is it possible to remove the the debug and configuration menu?

Thanks
      Yes. I use a simple preprocessor flag during compilation that will create a debug-free version, I've only never felt the need to release such a version just yet.

This feature was implemented from the very beginning with the notion that the source will eventually be released for others to use for their own, full-length projects without imposing debug functionality on the end-user.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
        Yes, ages ago. Per usual, there's a hard-coded structure in the executable that stores that exact information and more... and yes, voice acting samples are stored in an XA file container, of sorts, that more or less works in a similar way to CDDA (where data is streamed from disc in real-time when needed).

Making a utility for all of this would probably be rather simple, I'd presume. Find the time to do so, however...

Yes. I use a simple preprocessor flag during compilation that will create a debug-free version, I've only never felt the need to release such a version just yet.

This feature was implemented from the very beginning with the notion that the source will eventually be released for others to use for their own, full-length projects without imposing debug functionality on the end-user.
        Good to see your still active, ain't much happening on the forum anymore, is Martin / Bez still running his modding one?
        You must the know the game engine inside out now being able code and inject everything from scratch, what happened with that Atari revengi guy that was making his own opengl engine for it all run in on pc? the ps1 is still memory limted afterall for things like hi res textures etc, although there has been work on epsxe / pcsx-r lately that might include something, xbrz scaling got added for texures
        Have you played Vaccine? how long do you think it'll be before you could do something like that properly and it auto-generate rooms randomly?

Comment

Good to see your still active, ain't much happening on the forum anymore, is Martin / Bez still running his modding one?
          I wouldn't say active haha ... no clue about that, never registered or visited that one.

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
          You must the know the game engine inside out now being able code and inject everything from scratch, what happened with that Atari revengi guy that was making his own opengl engine for it all run in on pc?
          I know my around the engine, sure, but there are others far more dedicated and talented with its source (Gemini).

...you're thinking of PmData. He kind of just stopped working on reevengi, I guess. So far as I can remember, he stopped short of implementing more intricate routines for scripting/events... Emulating the event/script routines can get tricky in x86/64 dev due to timing/thread issues, without a proper reference from the original source (or reverse-engineered executables).

the ps1 is still memory limted afterall for things like hi res textures etc, although there has been work on epsxe / pcsx-r lately that might include something, xbrz scaling got added for texures
          Well, that's interesting

Have you played Vaccine? how long do you think it'll be before you could do something like that properly and it auto-generate rooms randomly?
          ...can't say that I have, but it looks pretty neat!

I already have utilities to auto-generate dummy rooms for Bio2 already and I know of another person who made a plugin for a popular 3D app which exports RDT files on the fly. It's able to be done properly and that milestone has long been reached. The trick to making it interesting has been and will probably always be event scripting. It's fun to do, but it's not for everyone as it takes a lot of time to debug and there's definitely a learning curve with the scripting language Bio2 uses as well.

In addition to that, there's the issue of creativity itself. A script/event randomizer could be written for that purpose, but it would eventually lose its charm.

Frankly, I really don't have an exact answer for your question. Hobbyist time is something of which I very sparingly have. I suppose, I'll follow the lead of IGAS and just say when it's done ;P
          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• I remember years ago this 1.5 development quest all started with Marvin making his own models of alpha Leon and trying to code his own engine in C, he actually had some basic stuff working. I can't find his YouTube channel anymore or remember its name, YouTube is too cluttered with 1.5 stuff now to find anything, but I remember his own project very well. But it's amazing how far things have come, from tinkering with things in hex, to reverse engineering and now fully rewriting code in fresh. Quite amazing what 10+ years can do.

Comment

• The source code to this project is now available.

MeganGrass/SLUS_007.48
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

The source code to this project is now available.

MeganGrass/SLUS_007.48
                Fascinating! Thank you, Megan!

Comment

• Thanks, now me need to learn how to work with this =)
                  sigpic

Comment

• Thanks meg,
                    anything else found leftover in the various demo / trials? or has the that been fully exhausted now with full rdt unpacking?
                    no more unseen / used cutscenes, translated message text? or hidden menu code that was in the trial edition.

Comment

• Hey..

I've been away from this board and the whole community for quite a while... I found out about this project here just recently and took my time to read up all 16 pages even though I lack the time to work on anything modding related nowadays. I must say that i'm really impressed by your work and I like the overall idea of a general purpose open source PS1 Biohazard engine (modification). I can only imagine how much time you've invested in this and i'm glad to see you're still keeping working on it.

I love to see how passionate some people in this community are when it comes to stuff like this.
                      There are only a handful of persons like you left over here and I hope you keep going with that and want to thank you for sharing the source code.
                      I'm eager to see more of this. That build of yours, with the right set of tools is what the old school RE gaming community has been waiting for so long.

Keep it up

Comment

Thanks meg,
                        anything else found leftover in the various demo / trials? or has the that been fully exhausted now with full rdt unpacking?
                        no more unseen / used cutscenes, translated message text? or hidden menu code that was in the trial edition.
                        There may be, but I stopped searching for beta contents ages ago.

I disassembled the Bio2 Trial and noticed that it's nothing more than a pre-release final build, missing a few things here and there but nothing truly noteworthy.

Originally posted by TheMortician View Post
                        Hey..

I've been away from this board and the whole community for quite a while... I found out about this project here just recently and took my time to read up all 16 pages even though I lack the time to work on anything modding related nowadays. I must say that i'm really impressed by your work and I like the overall idea of a general purpose open source PS1 Biohazard engine (modification). I can only imagine how much time you've invested in this and i'm glad to see you're still keeping working on it.

I love to see how passionate some people in this community are when it comes to stuff like this.
                        There are only a handful of persons like you left over here and I hope you keep going with that and want to thank you for sharing the source code.
                        I'm eager to see more of this. That build of yours, with the right set of tools is what the old school RE gaming community has been waiting for so long.

Keep it up
                        Well, that's the problem -- I really don't have time to invest in this anymore. The passion is there, it's only time that I lack. The master at github doesn't retain file dates, but much the source hasn't been touched in 2-4 years.

I released this in hopes that someone else would find it useful and perhaps better utilize it than I have been able to. I ultimately wanted to put together a team to handle assets for a new game while I programmed, but alas, it just wasn't meant to be.

I happen to have a little bit of free time this summer before school starts, so of course, I'll update it from time to time and anyone who wants to help is encouraged to join and contribute at Github

I just uploaded a new version to Github link

iso

...and updated the 'test.exe' app with CDX file support (works the same as the attached bio2ds app)

test.exe

The maing thing to mention about this release is that there is now an option in the main menu to boot the game as it would normally be to the vanilla title screen, where the user can load games, etc.

4th Survivor/To-Fu are confirmed as fully working and Ex Battle is confirmed working as well. The music tables need to be updated for both games and the Ex Battle RDT data needs to be added to the ISO -- both of which will be fixed shortly.
                        Attached Files
                        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

There may be, but I stopped searching for beta contents ages ago.

I disassembled the Bio2 Trial and noticed that it's nothing more than a pre-release final build, missing a few things here and there but nothing truly noteworthy.

Well, that's the problem -- I really don't have time to invest in this anymore. The passion is there, it's only time that I lack. The master at github doesn't retain file dates, but much the source hasn't been touched in 2-4 years.

I released this in hopes that someone else would find it useful and perhaps better utilize it than I have been able to. I ultimately wanted to put together a team to handle assets for a new game while I programmed, but alas, it just wasn't meant to be.

I happen to have a little bit of free time this summer before school starts, so of course, I'll update it from time to time and anyone who wants to help is encouraged to join and contribute at Github

I just uploaded a new version to Github link

iso

...and updated the 'test.exe' app with CDX file support (works the same as the attached bio2ds app)

test.exe

The maing thing to mention about this release is that there is now an option in the main menu to boot the game as it would normally be to the vanilla title screen, where the user can load games, etc.

4th Survivor/To-Fu are confirmed as fully working and Ex Battle is confirmed working as well. The music tables need to be updated for both games and the Ex Battle RDT data needs to be added to the ISO -- both of which will be fixed shortly.
                          What type of game was you thinking something resi / horror related or something totally different? always wanted to do something with Dino Crisis or something earlier than re0 that has you investigating the forest and rpd.
                          What you studing at school or are you teaching?

Comment

What type of game was you thinking something resi / horror related or something totally different? always wanted to do something with Dino Crisis or something earlier than re0 that has you investigating the forest and rpd.
                            What you studing at school or are you teaching?
                            I'm open minded.

For a few tests, I scripted some zombie-only/apocalypse/survival kind of things, but everyone always shits on the idea of anything zombie-only related, so I never developed any further or released anything... and frankly, my passion is programming, bringing visions to life. I channel my creativity into programming because, for me, juggling both asset and code creation is detrimental.

I am majoring in IT Animation & Video Game Development.
                            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I'm open minded.

For a few tests, I scripted some zombie-only/apocalypse/survival kind of things, but everyone always shits on the idea of anything zombie-only related, so I never developed any further or released anything... and frankly, my passion is programming, bringing visions to life. I channel my creativity into programming because, for me, juggling both asset and code creation is detrimental.

I am majoring in IT Animation & Video Game Development.
                              Well it's good to see your still here, I was kinda worried with one of your earlier posts,
                              you seemed kinda out of sorts, hope your ok.

Are there any programs that'll automatically create a texture map based on the flat faces of each object like a flatten out dice with a square
                              part for each side? or something that'll allow you to draw / paint in realtime a texture to a face without having to re-render each time?
                              As for animation i've only ever used 3dsmax / character studio for animation, I think I completed are 10 of it's inbuilt tutorials.
                              I seem to remember rendering both the moon and a orange years ago from it's inbuilt tutorials.

Comment

Working...
                              X