No announcement yet.

Bio2 Bio1.5 Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• found this pretty funny, ran the silly meme thing, on my old 2007 HP desktop I am currently using, right as the expected panties fall from the sky, BSOD

New laptop coming in soon so I need to see the full meme glory in HD, albeit without the crash from my terrible old hardware.
    Last edited by Guest; 09-15-2016, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by meer View Post
      found this pretty funny, ran the silly meme thing, on my old 2007 HP desktop I am currently using, right as the expected panties fall from the sky, BSOD

New laptop coming in soon so I need to see the full meme glory in HD, albeit without the crash from my terrible old hardware.
      I kind of forgot to remove that ...but it works fine on pSX
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
        Here, take this! Pacchi V.2

CONTROLS:
        L2/R2 (Change Weapon in Realtime/Change Item in Menu)
        Triangle (Debug Menu/Cancel)
        DOWN+X (Quick-turn for JP Controller scheme)
        DOWN+Square (Quick-turn for US Controller scheme)

------> Sherry fixed, wrong data

------> ROOM309 fixed, wrong data

------> Enemy Sound Effects fixed, illegal pointer

------> Title/Game Selection Menu updated, Press X to cancel game selection and return to boot menu

------> BGM Player added to Boot Menu, all game music available

------> Status Display flags added to Boot Menu

------> Debug Option flags added to Boot Menu (non-functional)

------> Additional 'Proof of Concept' data is provided

------> Better understanding and new code for 3D models/animations; new weapon (H&K MP51) and animations (H&K VP70//H&K MP51)
        I totaly missed this here! Thanks MarkGrass! Gonna check this out! Awesome awesome!
        Last edited by CraZyEddy2010; 10-24-2016, 05:18 AM.
        "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

• Download v2.1

---> CAPCOM Copyright screen was reactivated (whoops!)

---> Pre-Release encryption protection was removed, the disc/data may now be modified by anyone

---> Boot menu was updated, new options available and Build Date added for better identification

---> Language Selection available at Boot Menu. This option is a placeholder only and currently has no effect (Default: English)

---> Controller Scheme (JPN/USA) can be selected at anytime via both Debug Menu and Boot Menu

---> Auto-Aim can be activated or disabled at anytime via both Debug Menu and Boot Menu (toggles vanilla code). This feature may now be activated at anytime, regardless of Controller Type selected from vanilla Configuration Menu (was originally restricted to Type C, only).

---> Infinite Ammo can be activated or disabled at anytime via both Debug Menu and Boot Menu (toggles vanilla code).

---> Quick-Turn can be activated or disabled at anytime via both Debug Menu and Boot Menu

---> Custom code and data cleanup

Note:
          This build is also over two months old and has a new timestamp from recompiling to comply with the size limits of Sendspace. Only Bio2 is on disc, though additional data for other Bio games is provided here, and the disc may be rebuilt using commonly known methods (requires LBA table at 0x800988A4 to be updated with each ISO compile). The CDX archive file format (allows for unlimited data and is fully customizable) is also provided below.

I don't know when I'll be able to resume messing around with this thing, though I will likely drop the multi-game aspect and create individual builds for each ported game instead.

Code:
          typedef struct tagCdxFile {
          ulong size;//size of individual file
          ulong offset;//pointer to file (*0x800 for absolute)
          } CdxFile;
          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Thank you for not forgetting, as always a pleasant surprise
            sigpic

Comment

• Dear Mark, I may have missed this information, there is a build option cdx?
              For example, if the file bss.cdx contains backgrounds, you will need to collect background from the outside and compile to cdx file?
              Explain to me please, it seems I do not understand.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AleX_Red_07 View Post
                Dear Mark, I may have missed this information, there is a build option cdx?
                For example, if the file bss.cdx contains backgrounds, you will need to collect background from the outside and compile to cdx file?
                Explain to me please, it seems I do not understand.
                The CDX file format I created is very simple:

Code:
                unsigned long int Sector; // relative, multiply by 0x800 for absolute
                } CdxFile;
                ...and there is a variation for some:

Code:
                unsigned long int Sector; // relative, multiply by 0x800 for absolute
                unsigned long int Size; // absolute
                } CdxFile;
                This engine no longer utilizes the original code for BSS camera sprite/masks, either. With Gemini's help, I updated it to use an extremely compact LZ routine. This was done specifically for speed and code/file size optimizations, in addition to allowing me to import camera sprites/masks from Bio1, Bio1.5 and Bio3 into the engine.

Long story short, I will have to release a small app to compile these file containers for modders.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Thanks for the answer, looks interesting.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Unfortunately the download link no longer works for the latest build. Any chance you can reupload it Mark?
                    My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• I absolutely love the Debug Videos to this mod! Is there anyway that this mod can be Re-Uploaded, please? Thank you
                      Last edited by LockedDoor; 02-21-2017, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LockedDoor View Post
                        I absolutely love the Debug Videos to this mod! Is there anyway that this mod can be Re-Uploaded, please? Thank you
                        Thanks, I'm glad you like them

I'm currently stuck using mobile data, rather unfortunately. It may be a little while before I can get around to re-uploading. Please, have patience!
                        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• I hope to help Download v2.1
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AleX_Red_07 View Post
                            I hope to help Download v2.1
                            Thank you! Here are a few additional mirrors

Download v2.1 (Mirror 1)
                            Download v2.1 (Mirror 2)
                            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• OMG! Thank you Thank you! : ) Thanks for fast reply!

@ AleX_Red_07: Thank you! : )

@MarkGrass: Thank you! & Thank you for sharing this great mod! : )

Comment

• Bio2 DS Remix CDX Archive File Utility

I finally got around to creating an app for the CDX files.

Happy modding

Bio2DSR_Utility_v0.7z
                                Last edited by MeganGrass; 05-11-2017, 10:54 PM.
                                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Working...
                                X