No announcement yet.

Bio2 Bio1.5 Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Benelli M3S shotgun made it's way into the build...

I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• I have a very special video to share today - multiple games running on the same disc, using the same executable.

Each game uses it's own set of data, with BSS, EMD, PLD, PLW, RDT, BGM and DO2 all unique to each game. Therefore, games don't share data, at all.

I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• You have a dump of all the msg / text data from the hidden events in the non retail builds? can't wait to see it all translated to english.
        Last edited by Mikhail; 06-07-2015, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• Man this is pretty cool. It's like a dream Come true MarkGrass!
          "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

• that is just ridiculous dude. i cant even tell you what a relief that is. i can give duke, eriko, and sherry their own games!!! no more mashing shit together that doesnt really fit. full coherent storylines for all

i do have a couple questi0ns, the roomcut.bin for bio2 can have enough room for all backgrounds from all 4 games? (btw,i can put that ported re1 data to use ) and how many lickers can i fit in a room on the psx version? i found 6 to 8 lickers in a room to be enough of a challenge.

nice looking shotgun to
            Last edited by J0shuaKane; 06-10-2015, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• Bad news is sad news, merdi friends.

I have cancelled this project for the Bio 2 beta... because I ported all of my code the the US Dual Shock version.

There's nothing new to show, only to mention that dual shock is now supported (obviously). The Dual Shock engine is much more stable and versatile, as well, so there's that.

Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post

that is just ridiculous dude. i cant even tell you what a relief that is. i can give duke, eriko, and sherry their own games!!! no more mashing shit together that doesnt really fit. full coherent storylines for all

i do have a couple questi0ns, the roomcut.bin for bio2 can have enough room for all backgrounds from all 4 games? (btw,i can put that ported re1 data to use ) and how many lickers can i fit in a room on the psx version? i found 6 to 8 lickers in a room to be enough of a challenge.

nice looking shotgun to
              Roomcut.bin?

The PSone versions do not use that, or the ADT format - they use Sony's bitstream format. Each individual bitstream is located in the BSS archive files. A utility will be included to convert 320x240 RGB data to bitstream format, in addition to including the corresponding camera sprites/masks.

...6 to 8 Lickers is just ridiculous... but yeah, there is a max of 5 per room, iirc.

Here are the current stats:

3 different games (Bio1, Bio1.5 and Bio2)
              7 stages per game
              48 rooms per stage
              16 cameras per room
              48 Doors per game
              48 MAIN BGM music files per game
              48 SUB BGM music files per game
              2 BGM music per room (1 MAIN, 1 SUB)
              16 player characters per game
              1 unique death sequence per player
              18 weapons per player
              79 enemies per game (rough estimate)
              256 Items per game
              24 Files per game
              1 Opening per game, using code overlay
              1 Ending per game, using code overlay
              1 ExBattle per game
              Quick-turn for all games
              Dual Shock controller support
              All previously mentioned debugging functionality for each game
              ...an everything else that the USA Dual Shock version of Bio2 includes - Configuration, Pause screen, game save/load, English text, overall stability, etc.

I'm also toying with the idea of making a character selection for each game, in homage to character selection found in Bio1.5.

I'm trying to push this to the absolute max. Everything is possible thanks to my custom file archive loaders, which again, I will release a utility to update or change each archive, allowing for full customization of any of the three games - new rooms, enemies, etc.
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Now are those limitations because you are putting 3 in 1 or is that the engine's limitations?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                  Now are those limitations because you are putting 3 in 1 or is that the engine's limitations?
                  Kind of a mixture of the two, really.

If you sit and do the math, 336 rooms per game is quite a lot. Retail builds never reached anywhere near that amount, and a little more math will conclude a grand total of 1008 rooms (counting all three games). It's utterly insane to think that anyone would take up all of this space with custom rooms, but it's there just in case. The engine's limitation on max rooms per stage is 255, but 1785 rooms per game is just... yeah.

I've thought about expanding max camera angles from 16 to 32 per room in-order to support Bio3, but this presents a problem - there's only so much space on a CD ISO. Each game takes roughly 125-150 mb, thus nearing the absolute max size allowed. However, I could expand it to 32 cameras per room, and just simply leave Bio3 out of the mix allowing for modders to remove and utilize whatever they feel necessary. Mind you, this probably wouldn't be a simple task, though admittedly I haven't really looked into it yet.

Everything else is subject to the engine's limitations, which I couldn't easily adjust. For example, code exists for a max of 0x13 weapons, and that's it. There's just not enough room in the executable to expand upon this.

However, limitations such as that one can be broken by moving all the code to overlays and have the game load it with the rest of runtime when need be.

Long story short, most of those limitations are set in-stone - I plan to do nothing about a few of them. Others are subjective to however far I really want to push this, time and sanity allowing.
                  I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by J0shuaKane View Post

that is just ridiculous dude. i cant even tell you what a relief that is. i can give duke, eriko, and sherry their own games!!! no more mashing shit together that doesnt really fit. full coherent storylines for all

nice looking shotgun to
                    As Leo has proven over on the 123 boards, you can edit the roomcut.bin to add additional backgrounds for more rooms, even full 16 cameras (maximum) for each one. His program even comes with a special roomcut.bin with all the backgrounds wiped clean and the extra spaces added. I think it's something like 200 extra rooms added. That is only for PC, as Mark stated PS1 uses .BSS files.

Anyway, quickturn ported to RE2 is incredible. Maybe it's possible to port the dodge as well and even ammo mixing? Kind of reminds me of my attempt to port Outbreak File 1 into Outbreak File 2, I was successful for the most part albeit the process and time it takes is beyond ridiculous.

To think 10 years ago we were in the dark ages as far as modding goes. Now we have debuggers, full on room editors, the ability to export from our favorite 3D applications, model editors (soon animations will be cracked and exported/imported to and from our favorite 3D apps), and scripting. Practically a full blown RE source code at our fingertips with no outside help from Capcom.

Comment

• Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
                      Anyway, quickturn ported to RE2 is incredible. Maybe it's possible to port the dodge as well and even ammo mixing? Kind of reminds me of my attempt to port Outbreak File 1 into Outbreak File 2, I was successful for the most part albeit the process and time it takes is beyond ridiculous.

To think 10 years ago we were in the dark ages as far as modding goes. Now we have debuggers, full on room editors, the ability to export from our favorite 3D applications, model editors (soon animations will be cracked and exported/imported to and from our favorite 3D apps), and scripting. Practically a full blown RE source code at our fingertips with no outside help from Capcom.
                      Mark didn't port it, he made it from scratch. To port the dodge you have to adapt the animations to a different model and skeleton, and program a trigger to call this new function.

Comment

• Exploding drum barrels would be nice.

When it comes to collision does it simply go in a xy coordinate or can it be set up to do lets say 35 or 45 degree angles?

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
                          Mark didn't port it, he made it from scratch. To port the dodge you have to adapt the animations to a different model and skeleton, and program a trigger to call this new function.
                          Yup. Simply porting over the animations would have been much easier, but currently not possible for me... so, I took matters into my own hands.

Porting my code over from beta to Dual Shock hasn't been an entirely smooth ride, either - I had to completely recreate some things from scratch, all over again, with Quick-Turn being one of those things. The Dual Shock engine can be quite picky, practically demanding absolute perfection.

Originally posted by VirusPunk View Post
                          Maybe it's possible to port the dodge as well and even ammo mixing?
                          Again, I would have to create from scratch. I have absolutely no disassembly from Bio3, at all, thus no reference to work from. Quick-turn was easy to do, because the animations in Bio2 can be tweaked to give the appearance, whereas something like the Dodge feature would require a whole new animation. I'm not completely ruling it out, just don't expect it anytime soon.

As for ammo mixing, that'd be a breeze. I was capable of this feature before my first release, over a year ago, actually. Truthfully, I just never thought about it, until you brought it up.

Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                          Exploding drum barrels would be nice.

When it comes to collision does it simply go in a xy coordinate or can it be set up to do lets say 35 or 45 degree angles?
                          Exploding barrels would be kind-of simple to make. It requires little to no animation, at all, just a few ESP calls and voila. I can imagine the only difficulty is getting the explosion itself to interact and deal damage to other entities, both enemy and player alike. It's most certainly possible, and something that I won't rule out... it's not in my current plans, however.

Bio2 supports 13 different collision types, and yes, with the proper knowledge/tool, it is most certainly possible to create shapes of all angles and sizes. In fact, many of the rooms from the Umbrella Laboratory use oblique triangles and rhombuses.

Creating collision data isn't all about just the shapes, however, as there are numerous bitfields that control many different elements - all of which have been completely disassembled and readily available for my personal use.
                          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Or, as some new fashion is spreading, you can simply came up with some pretended skills and try to convince others that in few seconds you can implement stuff. Without having the minimal idea of what you're talking about.

It's so easy to do the same things Mark do, just use your imagination!

Comment

• First video of the code working in the USA Dual Shock version, now with 4 playable Bio games. I also adjusted a few things so that new camera sprite/mask data can be imported, thus, Bio3 rooms are complete and appear as they should.

Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
                              Or, as some new fashion is spreading, you can simply came up with some pretended skills and try to convince others that in few seconds you can implement stuff. Without having the minimal idea of what you're talking about.

It's so easy to do the same things Mark do, just use your imagination!
                              Many mockup. So cool. Totally skills. Much biooty hurts.
                              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Wow looking bad ass! I'm still hoping Leo makes an editor for RE3. Btw forgive me for asking but why does your channel say Megan Grass? I was just curious.

Comment

Working...
                                X