No announcement yet.

Bio2 Bio1.5 Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi MarkGrass first of all thank you for the great work here It's really awesome. ;)
    I found another error:

When starting with Leon:

Starting from 1 4 Back Street Area East and playing until 1 8 RPD Rooftop - And using the Valve for the burning helicopter,
    after the fire's done back in inventory to see the
    valve and then going back to in game from inventory the game crashes. (sry for my very bad english here )
    I played with emulator on pc this time ;) I checked this error two times out. Seems to be the next pacci is comin' ^^
    Last edited by CraZyEddy2010; 09-16-2015, 06:31 AM.
    "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by CraZyEddy2010 View Post
      Hi MarkGrass first of all thank you for the great work here It's really awesome. ;)
      I found another error:

When starting with Leon:

Starting from 1 4 Back Street Area East and playing until 1 8 RPD Rooftop - And using the Valve for the burning helicopter,
      after the fire's done back in inventory to see the
      valve and then going back to in game from inventory the game crashes. (sry for my very bad english here )
      I played with emulator on pc this time ;) I checked this error two times out. Seems to be the next pacci is comin' ^^
      I noticed that as well.

It doesn't crash if you have no weapon equipped when using the valve on the burning helicopter.
      I guess the crash has something to do with Leon not having any weapon during the valve cutscene (because it would look awkward) and then "re-equipping" it after the cutscene has ended.

Notice how whatever weapon Leon has currently equipped disappears from his hands while he's turning the valve during the cutscene.
      After the cutscene has ended the item menu pops up and reequips the weapon automatically.
      Last edited by Upaluppa; 09-16-2015, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Hey guys

I converted the latest patch'd iso into an Eboot for psp, and have noticed it is somewhat buggy, but I suppose it was meant to be used on real hardware and PC emulators. Pops doesn't have the best compatibility either. I used the USA Dualschock Leon disc version incase you are wondering.

Has anyone else had any success with running it on PSP? I can get to the fire street but it crashes after it goes to kendo, or sometimes it doesnt even load at all, again probably due to the above circumstances.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by meer View Post
          Hey guys

I converted the latest patch'd iso into an Eboot for psp, and have noticed it is somewhat buggy, but I suppose it was meant to be used on real hardware and PC emulators. Pops doesn't have the best compatibility either. I used the USA Dualschock Leon disc version incase you are wondering.

Has anyone else had any success with running it on PSP? I can get to the fire street but it crashes after it goes to kendo, or sometimes it doesnt even load at all, again probably due to the above circumstances.

Thanks!
          Try using SLPS-01222 (Biohazard 2 CD1) as the disk ID, that should fix most of the freezing issues.

Comment

• Pacchi ruined my carpet Patch v1.5

--------------------------------
            ---> Pacchi V1.5

UPDATE: Added all RDT data from the USA PC version in preparation for a new game mode

FIX: Game no longer crashes at Valve Handle cutscene

The valve handle cutscene patch isn't permanent solution. You'll notice that the character no longer disarms during the cutscene, meaning that they'll turn the valve handle with weapon in-hand. This obviously isn't a desirable solution, but a solution nonetheless.
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
              Pacchi ruined my carpet Patch v1.5

---> Pacchi V1.5

UPDATE: Added all RDT data from the USA PC version in preparation for a new game mode

FIX: Game no longer crashes at Valve Handle cutscene

The valve handle cutscene patch isn't permanent solution. You'll notice that the character no longer disarms during the cutscene, meaning that they'll turn the valve handle with weapon in-hand. This obviously isn't a desirable solution, but a solution nonetheless.

Yay thank you for the update. It makes damn fun! About the added RDT's for the new game mode, can you maybe please tell us what kinda mode you're planing to add?
              Last edited by CraZyEddy2010; 09-17-2015, 10:35 AM.
              "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

• Pacchi. Patch v1.6

---> Pacchi V1.6

UPDATE: Scenario can be set at boot; A/B or 4th Survivor

UPDATE: Countdown Timer can be set for 4th Survivor (L1/R1=min, L2/R2=sec)

UPDATE: Controller Type can be selected at game boot; JPN or USA

FIX: Re-implemented CDEMD1 back into the disk layout

FIX: Play as Claire or Ada

Fix: Random areas and cutscenes with Ada do not crash the game anymore

Originally posted by CraZyEddy2010 View Post
                Yay thank you for the update. It makes damn fun! About the added RDT's for the new game mode, can you maybe please tell us what kinda mode you're planing to add?
                I'm going to attempt Nightmare/Expert Mode at some point.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

---> Pacchi V1.6
                  What can I say, you are doing a great job!
                  Thanks for all your hard work!

Nightmare mode would be nice, indeed.
                  I never got to play it because I only have the Playstation and N64 versions of Bio2...

Edit:
                  I guess you know this already, but Sherry is rather broken in V1.6.
                  Selecting Sherry doesn't crash the game, but she seems to be incompatible with your weapon select feature.

You can't walk forward when playing as Sherry, you can't climb ledges and she always carries a glitched handgun which can't be fired.

Edit2:
                  The temporary Valve Cutscene Fix you implemented in V1.5 has some unwanted side effects.
                  I noticed that from V1.5 on equipping weapons through the item menu no longer works, the 3d model and animations of the weapon won't update.

Now the only way to properly change weapons is by using the L2/R2 buttons.

You should get rid of this, in my opinion.
                  It creates more problems than it's worth and the valve crash can be easily avoided by unequipping your weapon after the cutscene has finished.

Edit3:
                  Very minor, but Room 609 and 610 in the Area Jump list are both named "Large Room A".

Also, setting the Fuse Case in Room 613 results in an endless loop where the cutscene fails to end.

By the way, triggering Event 25 in Kendo's Gunshop after he has died revives him!
                  Useless, but fun to watch!

Edit4:
                  There are two unused messages in the Autopsy Room.

1 displays "He does not have any items." and 0 displays the same text in Japanese.
                  This message belongs to the corpse on the table, it can't be triggered during normal gameplay.

It can be triggered in the Bio2 Beta, though...

Message 3 in the Chief's Torture Chamber refers to the stuffed bear which is gone in the final build.

Similarly, in the Weapon Storage message 0 tells you that the lockers are locked.
                  This was the case in the Beta, but not in the final game.

Edit5:
                  If I'm allowed to make a request, a button combo that sets all STOP flags to 0 would be most welcome.
                  Either that, or an option in the debug menu that disables them all.

It's tiresome having to reset them all by hand whenever the game locks up while messing with events and messages.
                  Last edited by Upaluppa; 09-18-2015, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Upaluppa View Post
                    What can I say, you are doing a great job!
                    Thanks for all your hard work!

Nightmare mode would be nice, indeed.
                    I never got to play it because I only have the Playstation and N64 versions of Bio2...

Edit:
                    I guess you know this already, but Sherry is rather broken in V1.6.
                    Selecting Sherry doesn't crash the game, but she seems to be incompatible with your weapon select feature.

You can't walk forward when playing as Sherry and she always carries a glitched handgun which can't be fired.

Edit2:
                    The temporary Valve Cutscene Fix you implemented in V1.5 has some unwanted side effects.
                    I noticed that from V1.5 on equipping weapons through the item menu no longer works, the 3d model and animations of the weapon won't update.

Now the only way to properly change weapons is by using the L2/R2 buttons.

You should get rid of this, in my opinion.
                    It creates more problems than it's worth and the valve crash can be easily avoided by unequipping your weapon after the cutscene has finished.

Edit3:
                    Very minor, but Room 609 and 610 in the Area Jump list are both named "Large Room A".

Also, setting the Fuse Case in Room 613 results in an endless loop where the cutscene fails to end.

By the way, triggering Event 25 in Kendo's Gunshop after he has died revives him!
                    Useless, but fun to watch!
                    And another bug is when you start Part B game after going up the stairs to the RPD Rooftop after that missing cutscene you cannot leave the Rooftop because there is something missing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-09-18-12-37-57.png
Views:	1
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	404760

That bug I had also on pc emulator
                    Last edited by CraZyEddy2010; 09-18-2015, 08:09 AM.
                    "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

• Whoa! It's a pacchi! Patch v1.7

---> Pacchi V1.7

FIX: The "D-Pad + Action to get item or open door" bug is completely gone.

UPDATE: The Valve Handle hack has been removed

UPDATE: Press L1+Square simultaneously at once to reset STOP flag to zero (0)

FIX: ROOM60A has been renamed to "Large Room B"

UPDATE: Patched some event scripting code in order to bypass random cut scenes that freeze the game

UPDATE: Area/Room Jump debugger automatically resets STOP flag to zero (0) before load in order to bypass any random freezes

The problem with Sherry has nothing to do with my weapon select feature... Both Ada and Sherry have their own separate AI coding in the main exectuable. Since this is Leon's disc, the game presumes to use Ada's AI. I'm honestly surprised that it doesn't crash the game...

Scenario B Room 108 (RPD Rooftop), bug noted. I know what causes this error, though I don't know how easily it can be fixed.
                      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Whoa! It's a pacchi! Patch v1.7

---> Pacchi V1.7

FIX: The "D-Pad + Action to get item or open door" bug is completely gone.

UPDATE: The Valve Handle hack has been removed

UPDATE: Press L1+Square simultaneously at once to reset STOP flag to zero (0)

FIX: ROOM60A has been renamed to "Large Room B"

UPDATE: Patched some event scripting code in order to bypass random cut scenes that freeze the game

UPDATE: Area/Room Jump debugger automatically resets STOP flag to zero (0) before load in order to bypass any random freezes

The problem with Sherry has nothing to do with my weapon select feature... Both Ada and Sherry have their own separate AI coding in the main exectuable. Since this is Leon's disc, the game presumes to use Ada's AI. I'm honestly surprised that it doesn't crash the game...

Scenario B Room 108 (RPD Rooftop), bug noted. I know what causes this error, though I don't know how easily it can be fixed.

Holy G Virus thank you so much for all these fixes MarkGrass! You are really awesome. Thank you very much
                        "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

• Awesomesauce, this keeps getting better and better!
                          I'll be having a lot of fun messing with this tonight!
                          Last edited by Upaluppa; 09-18-2015, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• Say could it be that it is Impossible to trigger Mr. X because Scenario B won't be activated although you choose it at the beginning? I tried it x times
                            "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

• This whole thread is sublime. Gets better every single time I take a look. Keep up the great work!

P.S. If you ever feel the need to, Please port over the original Barry's Mod from PC lol. ( for those that haven't witnessed it before........ fucking enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRgVHIdUMIM )
                              Last edited by braders1986; 09-18-2015, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• EDIT: A wild pacchi appears! Patch v1.8

---> Pacchi V1.8

NEW: Ability to change disk type at boot, Claire's Scenario A/B now available

FIX: Area/Room Jump Auto-Nullify of STOP flag was corrected; caused bugs with Scenario debug

Originally posted by CraZyEddy2010 View Post
                                Say could it be that it is Impossible to trigger Mr. X because Scenario B won't be activated although you choose it at the beginning? I tried it x times
                                That bug was fixed.

Originally posted by braders1986 View Post
                                P.S. If you ever feel the need to, Please port over the original Barry's Mod from PC lol. ( for those that haven't witnessed it before........ fucking enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRgVHIdUMIM )
                                I'm not looking into porting any mods at the time, but it can certainly be done.
                                Last edited by MeganGrass; 09-18-2015, 06:56 PM.
                                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Working...
                                X