No announcement yet.

Bio2 Bio1.5 Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...finally got around to importing enemies from 1.5.

The best feature is that I don't have to replace preexisting ones, meaning that I can mix-and-match rooms with enemies from both retail and the 1.5 prototype. In total, I plan to have about 15 zombie variants, all using their own AI and animation sets.

EM10 (Fat Zombie)

EM13 (Office Zombie)
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Looks great. Thanks for the update.
      sigpic

Comment

Nice!

Comment

For testing/lulz, I went ahead and imported Room30a.

Each camera (and corresponding collision data) took about 10 minutes each. It can be tricky, and definitely needs to be fine-tuned, but not too bad for having absolutely nothing to go by. Camera sprites are soon to follow.

My tools allow for me to easily create the necessary data for all those dummies on the Bio2 Trial disc, but damn. I may have to measure my dedication before doing so.

I'm a blackstar.

Comment

MarkGrass, you know what a program should be used to safely unpack the iso image to replace files with different sizes and after the pack?
            sigpic

Comment

My tools allow for me to easily create the necessary data for all those dummies on the Bio2 Trial disc, but damn. I may have to measure my dedication before doing so.
              Need help with that? I currently have a lot of free time (read: jobless atm), so if you need assistance in tediously porting over all of the .RDT-less 1.5 rooms on the Trial Disk, just holler. I could probably get a lot of work done, seeing as I have nothing better to do.
              Last edited by biohazard_star; 09-12-2014, 12:16 PM.
              Seibu teh geimu?
              ---

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                Need help with that? I currently have a lot of free time (read: jobless atm), so if you need assistance in tediously porting over all of the .RDT-less 1.5 rooms on the Trial Disk, just holler. I could probably get a lot of work done, seeing as I have nothing better to do.
                The task isn't tedious at all, really. As mentioned, each camera takes about 10 minutes.... I'm just torn between several issues:

My tools and their features aren't public, yet. Given the recent fractions, flame-wars and out-right thievery in the modding communities, I'm just not comfortable sharing my toolchain, assembly injections, notes and custom run-time. Suffice to say, I'll never release the source to anything, including assembly injections and so on. I will, however, eventually release the toolchain in some form.

I don't know what IGAS has planned. I can only imagine they want use the very same backgrounds. If I were to implement all the rooms ahead of their plans, it's possible that I could ruin the fun for everyone. However, that's not to say that I don't want them, because I really do.

Given the issue above, I'm not trying to steal anyone's thunder. This project isn't popular, and that's fine with me. I'm really only doing this for myself, anyways. To implement the final 1.5 renders could possibly bring more attention and demand than desired.

Originally posted by AleX_Red_07 View Post
                MarkGrass, you know what a program should be used to safely unpack the iso image to replace files with different sizes and after the pack?
                I personally use CDmage b5 for extracting the data from disc.

For rebuilding the image, I use my app 'disc smasher', which you can find here: link

The app is outdated, now, but it works and supports many versions of Bio games.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Thank you very much!
                  sigpic

Comment

I understand. Still, I do hope you push through with the project, for those of us who don't mind getting spoiled playing the Trial Edition rooms before IGAS releases their project. Even a Youtube video of walking around the rooms would be nice.
                    Seibu teh geimu?
                    ---

Comment

I'm more inclined to believe that they will use the trial disc rooms for reference and do a little custom work to make them more consistent with what they've already completed. It's your project and your decision, but if the only thing holding you back is that you're worried about being inconsiderate of IGAS I don't see it being much of an issue. We have no idea when they're going to release something playable and how comprehensive it will be.
                      sigpic
                      "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

I enhanced my utility a bit and further tweaked room30a - it is now fully playable without any hiccups.

I'll probably go ahead and create/import some more rooms, but i'll need some maps and ref. pics to connect these rooms, though - I'm certainly no 1.5 expert.

I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Hey MarkGrass can u give us a playable demo of ur updated Version please? Why? Becaus it makes fun to play
                          "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

Originally posted by CraZyEddy2010 View Post
                            Hey MarkGrass can u give us a playable demo of ur updated Version please? Why? Becaus it makes fun to play
                            No worries, it will be released.

...and another room:

Last edited by MeganGrass; 09-21-2014, 11:49 PM.
                            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

cool
                              sigpic

Comment

...and yet another (room507):

Last edited by MeganGrass; 09-24-2014, 04:23 PM.
                                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Working...
                                X