Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bio2 Bio1.5 Mix

#43 Agitator Majini biohazard_star's Avatar

My tools allow for me to easily create the necessary data for all those dummies on the Bio2 Trial disc, but damn. I may have to measure my dedication before doing so.
    Need help with that? I currently have a lot of free time (read: jobless atm), so if you need assistance in tediously porting over all of the .RDT-less 1.5 rooms on the Trial Disk, just holler. I could probably get a lot of work done, seeing as I have nothing better to do.
    Last edited by biohazard_star; 09-12-2014 at 12:16 PM.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

#41 Kipepeo

Quote Originally Posted by biohazard_star View Post
    Need help with that? I currently have a lot of free time (read: jobless atm), so if you need assistance in tediously porting over all of the .RDT-less 1.5 rooms on the Trial Disk, just holler. I could probably get a lot of work done, seeing as I have nothing better to do.
    The task isn't tedious at all, really. As mentioned, each camera takes about 10 minutes.... I'm just torn between several issues:

My tools and their features aren't public, yet. Given the recent fractions, flame-wars and out-right thievery in the modding communities, I'm just not comfortable sharing my toolchain, assembly injections, notes and custom run-time. Suffice to say, I'll never release the source to anything, including assembly injections and so on. I will, however, eventually release the toolchain in some form.

I don't know what IGAS has planned. I can only imagine they want use the very same backgrounds. If I were to implement all the rooms ahead of their plans, it's possible that I could ruin the fun for everyone. However, that's not to say that I don't want them, because I really do.

Given the issue above, I'm not trying to steal anyone's thunder. This project isn't popular, and that's fine with me. I'm really only doing this for myself, anyways. To implement the final 1.5 renders could possibly bring more attention and demand than desired.

Quote Originally Posted by AleX_Red_07 View Post
    MarkGrass, you know what a program should be used to safely unpack the iso image to replace files with different sizes and after the pack?
    I personally use CDmage b5 for extracting the data from disc.

For rebuilding the image, I use my app 'disc smasher', which you can find here: link

The app is outdated, now, but it works and supports many versions of Bio games.
    I'm a blackstar.

Thank you very much!

I understand. Still, I do hope you push through with the project, for those of us who don't mind getting spoiled playing the Trial Edition rooms before IGAS releases their project. Even a Youtube video of walking around the rooms would be nice.
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

I'm more inclined to believe that they will use the trial disc rooms for reference and do a little custom work to make them more consistent with what they've already completed. It's your project and your decision, but if the only thing holding you back is that you're worried about being inconsiderate of IGAS I don't see it being much of an issue. We have no idea when they're going to release something playable and how comprehensive it will be.

"Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

#41 Kipepeo

I enhanced my utility a bit and further tweaked room30a - it is now fully playable without any hiccups.

I'll probably go ahead and create/import some more rooms, but i'll need some maps and ref. pics to connect these rooms, though - I'm certainly no 1.5 expert.

I'm a blackstar.

Hey MarkGrass can u give us a playable demo of ur updated Version please? Why? Becaus it makes fun to play
    "What is it? - BLOOD!"

#41 Kipepeo

Quote Originally Posted by CraZyEddy2010 View Post
    Hey MarkGrass can u give us a playable demo of ur updated Version please? Why? Becaus it makes fun to play
    No worries, it will be released.

...and another room:

Last edited by MarkGrass; 09-21-2014 at 11:49 PM.
    I'm a blackstar.

cool

#41 Kipepeo

...and yet another (room507):

Last edited by MarkGrass; 09-24-2014 at 04:23 PM.
    I'm a blackstar.

Great work Mark! so have you in mind to make all 1.5 rooms from Trial Edition playable?

Really can be amazing be able to play all those rooms (with correct proportions) finally after years.

EDIT: Also, boundaries look very good (very neat), better that CAPCOM ones.
    Last edited by Dark Biohazard; 09-22-2014 at 11:37 AM.

#41 Kipepeo

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
    Great work Mark! so have you in mind to make all 1.5 rooms from Trial Edition playable?

Really can be amazing be able to play all those rooms (with correct proportions) finally after years.

EDIT: Also, boundaries look very good (very neat), better that CAPCOM ones.
    I plan to implement all of them. Yet another update to my utility makes the process much easier than ever before - each camera can be created within moments.... so, now, I just need to find the hobby time to finish up.

...and yeah, it's kind of fun to finally explore these rooms.
    I'm a blackstar.

Very interesting! I can't wait for it!

A question Mark, I want not to bother you (I know you have probably a lot of thing to do), but I wonder if there is any chance to make a version of BIOFAT with Bio2 Trial RDT support for me, please?

I remember you tell me that make it is very easy for you.

Since, I really want to back to hack it again (this time with rebuilding disc included), before I lost interest on it.

Thanks and keep up the great work!!

Jesus that is pretty cool Mark. Damn that will be a great time to play all those rooms With that new camera tool I guess u write all those toolz by urself ha!?! Amazing
    "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Amazing. Any chance you are going to port over Leon's 1.5 model and animations as well?
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

Awesome job! I have a quick question : Would it be difficult to implement the hk mc51? I remmeber someone saying a long time back that it is possible to use in the final version, and beta 2 , but it lacks the model file to function... I wonder if the 1.5 one could be transplanted?

#41 Kipepeo

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
    A question Mark, I want not to bother you (I know you have probably a lot of thing to do), but I wonder if there is any chance to make a version of BIOFAT with Bio2 Trial RDT support for me, please?

I remember you tell me that make it is very easy for you.
    It is, but it's really not a priority right now, I'm sorry to say. It's difficult enough for me to find the time to work on this project. I will certainly let you know when something changes.

Quote Originally Posted by CraZyEddy2010 View Post
    Jesus that is pretty cool Mark. Damn that will be a great time to play all those rooms With that new camera tool I guess u write all those toolz by urself ha!?! Amazing
    One person was a major help in setting up the matrix, lending a 3d model class and giving clues with a few minor tidbits... but yeah, pretty much wrote everything else. I owe "someone who cares" a great deal of gratitude for teaching me the ins-and-outs of Direct-X programming.

Quote Originally Posted by biohazard_star View Post
    Amazing. Any chance you are going to port over Leon's 1.5 model and animations as well?
    I have a confession to make - I utterly despise Leon's animations from the 1.5 prototype

The running animation looks very amateur-ish and just flat-out goofy, as-if he has a tree branch sticking out of his arse.

The way Leon holds the hand gun is utterly ridiculous, as well. Anyone with the slightest bit of weapons training knows better than to hold a loaded gun near their own head. For one thing, is can misfire and cause deafness, not to mention the recoil could cause face/head injury. Also, it is dangerous to fire any weapon straight up into the air.

... but I will implement/tweak Leon's final model to better reflect 1.5, likely the gun animation I described above, with a twist however - The gun will be held with both hands, properly aimed at the ground when not aiming (running/idle). I have a model viewer and animation editor implemented into my editor utilities, already, so it will be rather easy to create:

Quote Originally Posted by meer View Post
    Awesome job! I have a quick question : Would it be difficult to implement the hk mc51? I remmeber someone saying a long time back that it is possible to use in the final version, and beta 2 , but it lacks the model file to function... I wonder if the 1.5 one could be transplanted?
    It wouldn't be difficult, at all... I wouldn't even have to replace any existing weapons.

I planned to expand the arsenal, anyway. It is especially easy to modify and create new weapon damage and attack tables:

On a related note, if someone wants to help with the 1.5 maps, please, lend a hand. All I need is a general layout of where these trial rooms are located and how they are connected. Otherwise, i will simply disable the map access completely until I can find the time to do it myself.
    Last edited by MarkGrass; 09-26-2014 at 12:00 AM.
    I'm a blackstar.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrass View Post
    It is, but it's really not a priority right now, I'm sorry to say. It's difficult enough for me to find the time to work on this project. I will certainly let you know when something changes.
    Ok, don't worry, I understand, I just hope I can keep my interest in Bio2 Trial hacking (knowing me, maybe not), so before I lost interest on it, I should to use my old friend, the RDT manual edit.

Once again, keep up the great work, is really interesting. ;)

I went ahead and labelled the maps for you.

-B1's layout is identical to retail's.
    -B2's layout is identical as well, aside from the addition of the shelter area and a second cargo area. The room labeled "ELEV. HALL" is the one with very rough backgrounds made out of white and pink polygons in the Stage 500 backgrounds. "CARGO ROOM CRATES" is the one with lots of big metal storage boxes. On the other hand, "CARGO ROOM CAPSULES" is the one with the large T-Virus capsules and the elevator that leads to the train.
    -B3/B4 are identical to retail's layout. The only difference is that there's an extra hallway (gorilla hallway) that leads to the emergency ladder room.
    -Train area is mostly identical to retail's and is self-explanatory so I didn't bother including the map for it.

The elevator in 1.5 cuts through all three floors of the lab (B1/B2/B3). The emergency ladder room does so as well.

Spoiler:
    Seibu teh geimu?
    ---

#41 Kipepeo

Many thanks for that!

The collision/etc data must match what is seen on the map in-order for it to properly work... so, I had to completely redo room507.

Last edited by MarkGrass; 09-29-2014 at 10:21 AM.
    I'm a blackstar.

Thread Information