No announcement yet.

Bio2 Bio1.5 Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great work Mark! so have you in mind to make all 1.5 rooms from Trial Edition playable?

Really can be amazing be able to play all those rooms (with correct proportions) finally after years.

EDIT: Also, boundaries look very good (very neat), better that CAPCOM ones.
    Last edited by Dark Biohazard; 09-22-2014, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
      Great work Mark! so have you in mind to make all 1.5 rooms from Trial Edition playable?

Really can be amazing be able to play all those rooms (with correct proportions) finally after years.

EDIT: Also, boundaries look very good (very neat), better that CAPCOM ones.
      I plan to implement all of them. Yet another update to my utility makes the process much easier than ever before - each camera can be created within moments.... so, now, I just need to find the hobby time to finish up.

...and yeah, it's kind of fun to finally explore these rooms.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Very interesting! I can't wait for it!

A question Mark, I want not to bother you (I know you have probably a lot of thing to do), but I wonder if there is any chance to make a version of BIOFAT with Bio2 Trial RDT support for me, please?

I remember you tell me that make it is very easy for you.

Since, I really want to back to hack it again (this time with rebuilding disc included), before I lost interest on it.

Thanks and keep up the great work!!

Comment

Jesus that is pretty cool Mark. Damn that will be a great time to play all those rooms With that new camera tool I guess u write all those toolz by urself ha!?! Amazing
          "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

Amazing. Any chance you are going to port over Leon's 1.5 model and animations as well?
            Seibu teh geimu?
            ---

Comment

Awesome job! I have a quick question : Would it be difficult to implement the hk mc51? I remmeber someone saying a long time back that it is possible to use in the final version, and beta 2 , but it lacks the model file to function... I wonder if the 1.5 one could be transplanted?

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
                A question Mark, I want not to bother you (I know you have probably a lot of thing to do), but I wonder if there is any chance to make a version of BIOFAT with Bio2 Trial RDT support for me, please?

I remember you tell me that make it is very easy for you.
                It is, but it's really not a priority right now, I'm sorry to say. It's difficult enough for me to find the time to work on this project. I will certainly let you know when something changes.

Originally posted by CraZyEddy2010 View Post
                Jesus that is pretty cool Mark. Damn that will be a great time to play all those rooms With that new camera tool I guess u write all those toolz by urself ha!?! Amazing
                One person was a major help in setting up the matrix, lending a 3d model class and giving clues with a few minor tidbits... but yeah, pretty much wrote everything else. I owe "someone who cares" a great deal of gratitude for teaching me the ins-and-outs of Direct-X programming.

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                Amazing. Any chance you are going to port over Leon's 1.5 model and animations as well?
                I have a confession to make - I utterly despise Leon's animations from the 1.5 prototype

The running animation looks very amateur-ish and just flat-out goofy, as-if he has a tree branch sticking out of his arse.

The way Leon holds the hand gun is utterly ridiculous, as well. Anyone with the slightest bit of weapons training knows better than to hold a loaded gun near their own head. For one thing, is can misfire and cause deafness, not to mention the recoil could cause face/head injury. Also, it is dangerous to fire any weapon straight up into the air.

... but I will implement/tweak Leon's final model to better reflect 1.5, likely the gun animation I described above, with a twist however - The gun will be held with both hands, properly aimed at the ground when not aiming (running/idle). I have a model viewer and animation editor implemented into my editor utilities, already, so it will be rather easy to create:

Originally posted by meer View Post
                Awesome job! I have a quick question : Would it be difficult to implement the hk mc51? I remmeber someone saying a long time back that it is possible to use in the final version, and beta 2 , but it lacks the model file to function... I wonder if the 1.5 one could be transplanted?
                It wouldn't be difficult, at all... I wouldn't even have to replace any existing weapons.

I planned to expand the arsenal, anyway. It is especially easy to modify and create new weapon damage and attack tables:

On a related note, if someone wants to help with the 1.5 maps, please, lend a hand. All I need is a general layout of where these trial rooms are located and how they are connected. Otherwise, i will simply disable the map access completely until I can find the time to do it myself.
                Last edited by MeganGrass; 09-26-2014, 12:00 AM.
                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                  It is, but it's really not a priority right now, I'm sorry to say. It's difficult enough for me to find the time to work on this project. I will certainly let you know when something changes.
                  Ok, don't worry, I understand, I just hope I can keep my interest in Bio2 Trial hacking (knowing me, maybe not), so before I lost interest on it, I should to use my old friend, the RDT manual edit.

Once again, keep up the great work, is really interesting. ;)

Comment

I went ahead and labelled the maps for you.

-B1's layout is identical to retail's.
                    -B2's layout is identical as well, aside from the addition of the shelter area and a second cargo area. The room labeled "ELEV. HALL" is the one with very rough backgrounds made out of white and pink polygons in the Stage 500 backgrounds. "CARGO ROOM CRATES" is the one with lots of big metal storage boxes. On the other hand, "CARGO ROOM CAPSULES" is the one with the large T-Virus capsules and the elevator that leads to the train.
                    -B3/B4 are identical to retail's layout. The only difference is that there's an extra hallway (gorilla hallway) that leads to the emergency ladder room.
                    -Train area is mostly identical to retail's and is self-explanatory so I didn't bother including the map for it.

The elevator in 1.5 cuts through all three floors of the lab (B1/B2/B3). The emergency ladder room does so as well.

Spoiler:
                    Seibu teh geimu?
                    ---

Comment

Many thanks for that!

The collision/etc data must match what is seen on the map in-order for it to properly work... so, I had to completely redo room507.

Last edited by MeganGrass; 09-29-2014, 10:21 AM.
                      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Yep. The in-game maps are surprisingly accurate, dimension-wise. If you pair it up with the ruler that's included in the map textures, you can get the room dimensions pretty easily.
                        Seibu teh geimu?
                        ---

Comment

Maps are way less accurate than you may think in every RE out there. CAPCOM used to have a lot of scaling, meaning the ruler rule can be ruled out.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

AMAZING work Mark!

Can we expect an update sample anytime soon to play? Or are you going to just port all the rooms across and release it at once?
                            4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

Personally I would rather just wait for him to finish importing all of them and the entire thing be a fresh experience as opposed to multiple playthroughs just to see what's different in subsequent updates. Not that it really matters though.
                              Last edited by Graco; 10-04-2014, 11:19 AM.
                              sigpic
                              "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Originally posted by Aydan View Post
                                AMAZING work Mark!

Can we expect an update sample anytime soon to play? Or are you going to just port all the rooms across and release it at once?
                                I had planned to release an update already, but there's so much I am able to do with the Bio2 engine now that I decided to just go ahead and get a full build ready for release.

I have many plans that I have already began to implement, such as a newly coded title screen, intro sequence, new enemies/AI, player/enemy animations, and so on... therefore, I have no estimate on release, but I will say that I have far more rooms created and/or implemented than I have led onto.

Originally posted by Graco View Post
                                Personally I would rather just wait for him to finish importing all of them and the entire hing be a fresh experience as opposed to multiple play through just to see what's different in subsequent updates. Not that it really matters though.
                                Yup, it's probably for the best that I follow through with this strategy.

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                                Yep. The in-game maps are surprisingly accurate, dimension-wise. If you pair it up with the ruler that's included in the map textures, you can get the room dimensions pretty easily.
                                Pretty much as Gemini hinted, they use a much different scale to display the exact location of the player.

In addition, the maps have to be manually constructed via assembly to ensure they are displayed properly - a realtime editor surly helps with this process

Speaking of maps, I went ahead and ripped all the map data from the disc. The images below are not modified, they simply use a different color palette (from final/retail Bio2).

You can download the original PIX data here. The MAPxx.PIX files are simply headerless TIM data.

I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Working...
                                X