Bio2 Bio1.5 Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
    I have many plans that I have already began to implement, such as a newly coded title screen, intro sequence, new enemies/AI, player/enemy animations, and so on... therefore, I have no estimate on release, but I will say that I have far more rooms created and/or implemented than I have led onto.
    Wow, really? that sound a lot of work man! maybe add all that you mentioned can take too long! maybe you can just release a build with all the 1.5 rooms, when all of them are completed? and after a build with all the other implements?

Since I believe that most of us, we are more interested in 1.5 rooms, I mean, is not really necessary to implement many things (just my opinion).

Anyway, is your project, keep up!

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
      Wow, really? that sound a lot of work man! maybe add all that you mentioned can take too long! maybe you can just release a build with all the 1.5 rooms, when all of them are completed? and after a build with all the other implements?

Since I believe that most of us, we are more interested in 1.5 rooms, I mean, is not really necessary to implement many things (just my opinion).

Anyway, is your project, keep up!
      The one thing that I recently realized is that I'm kind of tired of doing everything for everyone else. As stated before, this project really is something just for me, that I happen to be sharing.

That said, I'll release it when I'm ready.

I'm also not in the mood to have my work ripped-off. For that reason, I'm implementing file encryption, which is absolutely necessary in-order to avoid lamers.
      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

The one thing that I recently realized is that I'm kind of tired of doing everything for everyone else.
        Well, if you are really thinking that dude, simply do not have to do it, you have no obligation to do so.

Also you have to understand that not all people have the skills you have to do this type of work, make nice tools, etc. Damn, I wish I had the skills you have man.

That said, I'll release it when I'm ready.
        Ok.
        Last edited by Dark Biohazard; 10-03-2014, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Hey Martin, is Resident Evil Modification down for you as well? For me the site has been unavailable for like a week. I open the index page and it says "This webpage is unavailable". I'm almost starting to think that this isn't a temporary thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSpyda04 View Post
            Hey Martin, is Resident Evil Modification down for you as well? For me the site has been unavailable for like a week. I open the index page and it says "This webpage is unavailable". I'm almost starting to think that this isn't a temporary thing.
            Hey, very strange, because for me is working correctly...

Is better to keep the talking by PM, since this is not right place to do it, ok?

Comment

^ Kindly, get your conspiracy horse crap out of here, please. This thread is not for discussion of that site or anyone that has anything to do with it.

Back on track:
              Last edited by MeganGrass; 10-06-2014, 12:19 AM.
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

That's pretty awesome. Just curious though, you are only aiming to make all the available rooms playable, right? No locked doors/puzzles/key items/cutscenes?
                Seibu teh geimu?
                ---

Comment

This is excellent work Mark, I'm looking forward to seeing what else you do, especially with room ROOM207 and ROOM201 if you take up the challenge, I'd be curious to learn how you implement the shutters if it's possible. Something I'm wondering though, is there much difference between the BIO2 retail engine and the BIO2 trial engine from a code perspective? The trial is closer to BIO1.5 in development, I had always thought of it as a more suitable platform for its content due to the game actually handling it with BIO2 content at some point in the past, although I've never known what the actual differences were if there are any.

Comment

Marks work is really amazing. Every update is just good news!
                    "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                      That's pretty awesome. Just curious though, you are only aiming to make all the available rooms playable, right? No locked doors/puzzles/key items/cutscenes?
                      That's a really tough question, to which I don't have a certain answer.

Enemy placement is a given, of course - It'd be fairly worthless, otherwise.

Locked doors, puzzles, key items, cut-scenes and anything else relating to actual game play is extraordinarily easy to implement. For a single room, the script can be written, compiled and tested in under one minute. The only difficulty with that is planning how the events pan out (multi-room carry items, power switches, what effect it has on another area, how/what is need to progress, etc).

That said, I have several options to choose from:

1 - Absolutely no puzzles, locked doors, etc. Honestly, I see this method as being a very boring and uninspired process. If this were the case, I would have already released the project because every rdt from the 40% build has been imported and tested to be working.

2 - Using only locked doors w/keys won't be nearly as boring, but it will still result in fairly dull game play with no replay value.

3 - Minimal puzzles with locked doors will surly help to enhance the experience... but the problem there is that Bio1.5 seems to be severely lacking in the former. I would have to go a step beyond what is known and use creative liberty, because from what I can judge of these backgrounds, there aren't many fun puzzles to be solved.

4 - Going "all out" with it by adding cutscenes into the mix will require me to create new animations for the models. This isn't a difficult process, as I have an animation creator/editor, but I will certainly need a scenario planner.

5 - All 'round creative liberty will certainly be fun. I could make the game contain 64-128 different zombie types, and turn it into a true zombie/survival horror experience. Or, I could shake it up by throwing dogs, crows, spiders and a few bows into the mix. The sky is truly the limit, here.

6 - Strictly conforming to exactly what is known about 1.5 and simply porting all script data over from the 40% build isn't much of a challenge for me, but it can certainly be done. This method would definitely produce quick results, but really isn't something I want to do, honestly.

No matter what route I choose, many rdts from the 40% build require A LOT of manual fixes. For example, there are many rooms where Leon looks like either a giant (towering over doors, etc) or tremendously small (being half the height of a door). These problems require camera manipulation and slight collision adjustment in extreme cases. Then, there's the task of creating rdts from scratch using the prerendered backgrounds from the Trial Edition, which isn't too difficult.

Suffice to say, no one should expect a release tomorrow.

Originally posted by geluda View Post
                      This is excellent work Mark, I'm looking forward to seeing what else you do, especially with room ROOM207 and ROOM201 if you take up the challenge, I'd be curious to learn how you implement the shutters if it's possible. Something I'm wondering though, is there much difference between the BIO2 retail engine and the BIO2 trial engine from a code perspective? The trial is closer to BIO1.5 in development, I had always thought of it as a more suitable platform for its content due to the game actually handling it with BIO2 content at some point in the past, although I've never known what the actual differences were if there are any.
                      Room 201 and room207 have already been imported/created.

As for implementing the shutters, it's a very simple matter of writing the script. As mentioned above, doing so takes under a minute to completely test in-game. Furthermore, I have complete control over any flags that need to be used, so that's absolutely no issue.

...hmm, difference from Trial and Beta executables? Not much, at all. They both share the same exact functionality, excluding very few exceptions. The main difference between the two is that the beta can handle much more data, where the trial is extremely restricted.

No matter the version, all functionality handled 1.5 at some point, even retail (obviously, or this project wouldn't exist). I chose the beta build as a testing platform, only. As mentioned a page or two ago, I have already completely disassembled the Dual Shock version - when I'm ready, everything will be ported to that version.
                      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Room 201 and room207 have already been imported/created.
                        Awesome, I can't wait to see ROOM201 in action! can you make a video of it when is done, please?

Greetings.

Comment

Very cool to see that the work is not in place. Good luck with the project!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Biohazard View Post
                            Awesome, I can't wait to see ROOM201 in action! can you make a video of it when is done, please?

Greetings.
                            I've never made any YouTube videos, sorry.

Originally posted by AleX_Red_07 View Post
                            Very cool to see that the work is not in place.
                            Uh, okay.

Birkin makes a grand entrance.

I'll have to reprogram his AI so that he can actually die here. It seems that this model's AI is programmed to jump/fall from a ledge when the HP is low enough (as seen in Claire's scenario in retail).

EDIT:

Stairs done right (Resident Evil 3 style):

Last edited by MeganGrass; 10-08-2014, 08:36 PM.
                            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Wow... amazing work Mark!

I don't suppose you'd share a patch for me to try via PM since others would rather wait? I love the idea of playing 1.5 in RE2's engine. It goes without saying that it 'feels' better and IS better but you know..

Keep up the amazing work!
                              4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

I've never made any YouTube videos, sorry.

Uh, okay.

Birkin makes a grand entrance.

I'll have to reprogram his AI so that he can actually die here. It seems that this model's AI is programmed to jump/fall from a ledge when the HP is low enough (as seen in Claire's scenario in retail).

EDIT:

Stairs done right (Resident Evil 3 style):

How do you set flight length? for the instance site c stairs seems to 3 times longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X