Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aydan View Post
    Wow... amazing work Mark!

I don't suppose you'd share a patch for me to try via PM since others would rather wait? I love the idea of playing 1.5 in RE2's engine. It goes without saying that it 'feels' better and IS better but you know..

Keep up the amazing work!
    It's not a patch - it's a complete rebuild from scratch using custom assembly/code injections and rewrites

I'll share the build publicly when it's ready.

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
    How do you set flight length? for the instance site c stairs seems to 3 times longer.
    I'm sorry, I really don't understand your question.

I built a utility with hundreds of options that allow for easy creation and customization, requiring absolute minimal debugging.

...inching closer to completing the factory area:

The lift is fully functional, as well
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
      It's not a patch - it's a complete rebuild from scratch using custom assembly/code injections and rewrites

I built a utility with hundreds of options that allow for easy creation and customization, requiring absolute minimal debugging.

More amazing work! I cannot wait!

I see, I thought it would be a patch that you put over the original RE2 PSX Iso!
      4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

Great update Mark! Can u tell us how many percent are already done with this project?
        "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

Oh God))) That's amazing.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post

The number of stairs to climb between levels so don't end up stuck on the stairs between levels.

Comment

Originally posted by CraZyEddy2010 View Post
              Great update Mark! Can u tell us how many percent are already done with this project?
              I have no estimate as to a certain percentage of completion. To be perfectly honest, I don't even have a definitive end-game in-mind, really.

All I can say is that all 1.5 rooms have been imported, tested and proven to be in working state... though, as mentioned before, many of them need refinements. The "vanilla" data is really a complete mess.

The rest of the work entails creating rdts from scratch for the backgrounds from the Trial ISO, as teased in this thread.

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
              The number of stairs to climb between levels so don't end up stuck on the stairs between levels.
              There is simply no variable that determines the exact amount of stairs in a set.

You have to set the x/z access point and the height, then you should be good to go.

EDIT:

This one was fairly straightforward to create:

I even setup with this one with proper nFloor, just in-case any items (crates, etc) need to be set on the lower level.
              Last edited by MeganGrass; 10-11-2014, 06:34 PM.
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

This is SO cool yet so UN COOL! Teasing us Mark!

Cannot wait honestly, Just running around in thos environments in RE2's engine is gonna be awesome I do love 1.5's 'levels' more but the engine just doesn't feel as good. Which again is saying the obvious I know, but you get the idea
                4 Itchy Tasty.

Comment

Friend this patch does not work when it is decompressed. says there is no data please upload a new patch .
                  or at meno and patched up the ISO if you have it clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus Romero View Post
                    Friend this patch does not work when it is decompressed. says there is no data please upload a new patch .
                    or at meno and patched up the ISO if you have it clear.
                    Is not patch, friend.
                    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

You sure are churning out those rooms fast.
                      Some more questions though, if you don't mind me asking again: Will you also be reprogramming the inventory to match 1.5's and will Elza/Claire ultimately be ported over as well? Also, what do you plan on doing about the missing rooms and the rooms that aren't quite complete yet like the hall on B2 and shelter rooms?
                      Seibu teh geimu?
                      ---

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                        You sure are churning out those rooms fast.
                        Some more questions though, if you don't mind me asking again: Will you also be reprogramming the inventory to match 1.5's and will Elza/Claire ultimately be ported over as well? Also, what do you plan on doing about the missing rooms and the rooms that aren't quite complete yet like the hall on B2 and shelter rooms?
                        I will be reprogramming the inventory menu, for sure... I just don't know exactly how I want it done, yet.

The actual programming will be easy enough, but 1.5's menu just screams "placeholder" and is pretty tacky in layout. Combined with the fact that I'm no texture artist, I'll likely have to put this idea on the backburner for now.

Elza's stuff will have to wait until I get around to porting all the runtime data over to the Dual Shock version. This exact process will be a snap, hardly taking anytime at all. For now, though, I'm still using the debug beta for obvious reasons.

As for the missing rooms, there really isn't much of anything I can do about it. I may be able to manage ripping the prerenders from the MZD build, but that thought alone doesn't settle well, as I'm sure it wouldn't with IGAS, either.

I'm going about this all alone, and I'm really floating up shit's creek in the aspect of new material. :/
                        Last edited by MeganGrass; 10-15-2014, 09:51 AM.
                        I'm a blackstar.

Comment

The RPD will not contain more exploratory options, after all.
                          Last edited by MeganGrass; 11-05-2014, 10:41 AM.
                          I'm a blackstar.

Comment

I spy with my little eye the third floor elevator hallway. It's nice of IGAS to be lending you their assets, and exclusive ones at that. Although this begs the question, will you be releasing this before or after IGAS releases their own demo?
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

Unless it's a seriously impressive Photoshop reworking of a certain IGAS screenshot, I smell exclusive material.

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                                I spy with my little eye the third floor elevator hallway. It's nice of IGAS to be lending you their assets, and exclusive ones at that. Although this begs the question, will you be releasing this before or after IGAS releases their own demo?
                                Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                                Unless it's a seriously impressive Photoshop reworking of a certain IGAS screenshot, I smell exclusive material.
                                Nope, nothing reworked and nothing will be released before IGAS.

The bitstream data (background renders) were neatly tucked away in the MZD build. They weren't easy to obtain, and I will remove them upon request.

...aaaannnd they're gone. Sorry for the hype.
                                Last edited by MeganGrass; 11-05-2014, 10:42 AM.
                                I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Working...
                                X