Hey hey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey hey

How is everyone? It's weird logging in and finding a ton of PM's from 2+ years ago listed as new

What are you all doing with your lives now? I hope things are going well with everyone. It's certainly been a while since I've chatted with many of you, much to my regret. I still look back at our interactions and think of my time with the site and its community/users as one of the most exhilarating and fun chapters in my life. Even though we didn't always meet our goals with the site, we were still able to get materials that were never before seen (or played) out to you guys, and I hold on to that as a victory in the end for THIA and its awesome user base. I really think its great how this community came together time and time again to release never-before seen materials and work on collaborative projects, often times at great personal expense of those users.

But times change and so do people, even us die-hard fans find ourselves getting disinterested in things as we age. Since leaving the site and moving to NY, some of you know I was in a serious car accident. I still struggle to this day with pain and mobility issues in my ankle, but its better than it used to be thanks to a couple surgeries I've had preformed with some new doctors. I also got pretty heavily addicted to World of Warcraft as a past-time replacement for Resident Evil, which still continues to this day (You can blame IceDDZ). Though some good things have come out of that, and I met a great gal from my WoW time and we're now engaged and set to be married in a year.

So, how have things been for you?

I probably do not know much about you, unlike other users, but I'm glad to see you back!

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
      Though some good things have come out of that, and I met a great gal from my WoW time and we're now engaged and set to be married in a year.
      Congrats man! That's awesome to hear. Glad to hear you're doing better overall in general than the last time I talked to you too. It's funny that you pop up now too, as the things you said were what I mentioned of your absence in this thread a few weeks back.

I'm still hanging around the community now and then, probably like a bad smell of the past or something. I'm heading off overseas in a month or two, travel for a few months, and then probably be in the UK for at least a year, so people might see less of me once I leave for my travels. Eventually I'll probably make my way to the USA if I can just to travel through it. Other than than nothing much else has changed for me, still working in media (tv, film, etc.) which I plan to continue in the UK and still currently playing console games - but again that's probably something I'll stop once I leave.

Good to see you around anyway

Comment

You lucky Bastard Dot.Cal, didn't realize you've been gone for so long. I've been so busy with trying to keep my life in order I havent had much time for stuff, now that I'm laid off I have time to rethink my future some.

Hope I can share some of your good fortune someday, congrats and welcome back.

Comment

Good to hear from you again. Congratulations on the engagement. From the photos I've seen you two look really happy together .
          After a really shit time in my last job (not just me, 5 people left within 2.5 months. Long story) I found a great job still doing scientific research, at the same university, even in the same department. But the facility I'm in is great and was only constructed a couple of years ago. So much happier than I was ~18 months ago. I've also got a new girlfriend since then, and she's from Japan. She and I are going for a holiday there and leaving next week. I can't wait to take some time off (I haven't really had any since starting the new job) and go back to all the stores I used to go to to try and get Biohazard stuff.
          I don't know how I'll feel when I get there. I've made no secret about the fact that I've fallen out of the love with the series since RE6. TBH I didn't care much for 5 even, and Revelations has been about 50% complete in my 3DS for ~2 years. I still love love love the classic games and try play them a couple of times a year. I'm looking forward to seeing my reaction when I get to Japan. Whether I will have huge nostalgia pangs and want to play the old games more often, or if I become a bit indifferent to even the older stuff.
          sigpic

Comment

I burned out and quit. 'Cos people are generally assholes.

I'm working as a night receptionist, which is awesome 'cos money and time to work on my own projects means even more money.

Also? I abducted Enrico, and locked him in my basement.

P.S - I blame Ice for most things anyway.

Comment

We've uncovered new stuff almost every day for the past few years. Many of it from over a decade ago. For instance, two scrapped games that are completely unknown. An incredible amount of plot details, scrapped concepts, development history, etc. The games themselves may not be very good lately, but the legacy of the older titles keeps me interested and invested.

Apart from that I run my own business right now and am just focusing on having fun with life. Saving up for travel, boosting my social life, all that sort of stuff.

Congratulations on the engagement Dot!
              Last edited by News Bot; 04-10-2014, 06:08 AM.
              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Just sitting here, John, waiting for you to send the last package
                lostreleases // demopals

Comment

it's good hearing from you again and congrats on your engagement! i didn't know about the accident, i'm sorry to hear that and i hope that things will go well for you in the future

Comment

Hey, Dot50Cal. I know you're selling your RE collection. Think carefully, though. A lot of treasures in there!

But welcome back.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                      Though some good things have come out of that, and I met a great gal from my WoW time and we're now engaged and set to be married in a year.

So, how have things been for you?
                      Hi John,

It is good to hear from you. Congrats on the engagement! It is really nice to see many of us finding love through our passion for video games. All the best to both of you!

Sorry to hear about the sequels of your injury. My broken bones from 2004 still hurt 10 years later, and I still work on my flexibility every day. But it is really good to walk by myself, without the use of a wheelchair or a crunch, so I am happy with what I have.

I am still in California, even if I moved to an other town, to get closer to my job at SCEA. I am writing a lot of scripts for (very) short movies, and editing them, in my spare time. Having a lot of fun, and life is good

Take care!
                      Last edited by imacwesker; 04-27-2014, 08:22 PM.
                      Bloodborne: my Facebook page and my Youtube page

Comment

Congrats on the engagement, Dot50Cal!

Comment

Why hello there fine strangers.

Sorry to necro bump such an old topic, but didn't know where else to post this. First off, I didn't know about your accident Dot, I hope by now you're fully healed and are jumping out of windows, Leon style

Second, congratulations on the engagement.

I've actually been listening to the old RPD Dispatch episodes on my commute to and from work, and just remembering all the fun times puts a big grin on my face. I can't say that I've lost interest in the RE series :p .. maybe posting and being active on the message boards, but not in the act of playing the games themselves thankfully. (ps, I don't think I ever mentioned this before but Dot has a great radio voice, he could very well be a fine DJ with his dulcet tones.

I, personally, have been juggling work and married life (got married in August) myself. It's becoming harder to try and make time out for gaming, only weekends work. Right now my wife is currently in the States finishing up her citizenship process, so I have some time apart .. and more for maa vidyagames heh. Hopefully if all goes well I should be immigrating to the States within a year as well (moving to VA) and would love to catch up with you lot if any of you are in the nearby areas.

PS I'm super late, but I finally have a new found appreciation for Outbreak, now that I've gotten to play them 'properly'. Emulation makes the super long load times entering areas go in a snap, like 2 seconds, and its fascinating to finally be able to play these games single player, in a playable manner.

But I digress, I hope you all are going swell, and have great futures ahead of you
                          Last edited by A-J; 12-09-2014, 02:38 AM.

Comment

PS I'm super late, but I finally have a new found appreciation for Outbreak, now that I've gotten to play them 'properly'. Emulation makes the super long load times entering areas go in a snap, like 2 seconds, and its fascinating to finally be able to play these games single player, in a playable manner.
                            Why play Outbreak in single player though, when you can play them online on the fan servers using an emulator? The offline AI has the IQ of a brick.
                            Seibu teh geimu?
                            ---

Comment

Originally posted by biohazard_star View Post
                              Why play Outbreak in single player though, when you can play them online on the fan servers using an emulator? The offline AI has the IQ of a brick.
                              Playing it emulated on a PS3 (using the PS2 Classics emulator thats built in). Not a PC. My PC is from the age of moses and is only good for youtube and facebook.

Comment

Working...
                              X