Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow News - Not everyone hates the Resident Evil movies (at least not ALL of them)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow News - Not everyone hates the Resident Evil movies (at least not ALL of them)

Turns out not everyone hates Paul W.S. Anderson's movie series inspired by the Resident Evil franchise.

According to an answer given during an AMA (ask me anything) with James Cameron over on Reddit, James Cameron revealed that his nr. 1 guilty pleasure on the movie front was in fact, surprisingly enough, Resident Evil (the first one). So there you have it! Straight from the keyboard strokes of the director of some of Hollywood's finest!

Source:
    I am James Cameron. AMA.

Goddammit James...Dont encourage that shitpile to keep making these pieces of "movies".
    Last edited by Wrathborne; 04-12-2014, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Well, he said "just the first one" and we're talking about guilty pleasure. I don't think it's encouraging Anderson to make more RE movies.

Comment

I still think its funny that he likes the first one, because lots of the sets, and even the character Rain, were just lifted from his film 'Aiens".
        Last edited by Wrathborne; 04-12-2014, 06:25 PM.

Comment

that's why he likes it

Comment

The first was the best in the series easily.

2 and 3 were meh. Afterlife and Retribution were the best after the first one.

Comment

For a brief moment I forgot the atrocious "film" series existed.

Thanks a bunch for reminding me, Carnivol.

Comment

I own the first on dvd. If you pay careful attention there are few shots in the movie that are well done. Fixed cam watching style.
                But the plot stinks and has nothing to do with RE.

I wouldn't dare buy or watch the sequels ever again.

Comment

Am I alone in thinking the RE CGI movies were awful as well?

Comment

Nope. I skipped the second one due to how bad the first was.

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112
                      Am I alone in thinking the RE CGI movies were awful as well?
                      Degeneration was awful. Terrible CG, cheesy and convulated.

Damnation on the other hand was very enjoyable and close to what you would expect from a movie adaptation of the video game. Those fights against the B.O.W's were really well made even if the plot was a bit confusing.

I view Damnation as the only decent RE movie.
                      Last edited by Grem; 04-13-2014, 06:47 AM.

Comment

This is the best news I've seen on here this year. Always had a certain fondness for the RE1 movie that made me rewatch it quite a few times. Yeah it's not really RE but not bothered too much...

Originally posted by mister 888
                        Cameron made crap after T2.So his opinion is now pointless.
                        I dunno, I rather liked Titanic and True Lies. Avatar on the other hand...

Comment

Well, that´s a "guilty pleasure", Cameron admits the movie is not actually any great but he still like it.

I think the first RE movie is not that bad, it worked fine for a first installment to the series, and I liked the fact it had his own story and characters and doesn´t fuck on the actual game characters and scenes.

1 was interesting, Apocalypse was just acceptable, and Extinction was the ultimate warning to tell me "Do not watch this guy´s movies anymore", and that´s what I did it.

Degeneration and Damnation are fine if you think them as OVAs. They weren´t meant to hit theathers around the world and compete among the best movies from the history.
                          The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
                            I dunno, I rather liked Titanic and True Lies. Avatar on the other hand...
                            Avatar was a great Special effects film, really pushed the envelope, the story though was a little meh. One thing I did really like, that not a lot of people noticed, is it had been over 10 years since Cameron directed a film and he didn't use any of the newer filming techniques. No bullet time, no shakey cam, or quick cuts.

He didn't modify his own style or try to reinvent himself, which was really refreshing to see. I wasn't sure what to expect from him since he hadn't directed a film since 1999, but he stuck to his own style. Which was really nice to see.
                            Last edited by Wrathborne; 04-13-2014, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Opposites attract, I guess.
                              "One can only match, move by move, the machinations of fate... and thus defy the tyrannous stars."
                              Resident Evil/Castlevania/ Silent Hill/Onimusha/Tekken /Dark Souls

Comment

Working...
                              X