Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow News - Not everyone hates the Resident Evil movies (at least not ALL of them)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the first RE movie in theaters... about 4 times. I also really like the Retribution film, as well.

I have a certain appreciation for the seriousness of the first film, and love the corny moments in Retribution (Barry, I'm looking at you, pal).

The soundtrack are cherished, as well. Marilyn Manson's tunes are absolutely haunting and fit perfect - you can never go wrong with that guy.

Different strokes and such.

Originally posted by Scream View Post
    I dunno, I rather liked Titanic and True Lies. Avatar on the other hand...
    Titanic is a fantastic movie, very superb.

True Lies is hilarious, at times... for example, the moment when Harry daydreams about breaking that car salesman's nose.
    Last edited by MeganGrass; 04-13-2014, 08:18 PM.
    I'm a blackstar.

Comment

i remember in the back of RE2 there was a contest to be in the resident evil movie. i was so excited and waited anxiously for years, only to be treated to the absolute worst zombie film i had ever seen. horrible. how long until the first zombie battle? lame ass characters couldn't relate to any of them. nothing like resident evil at all.

hollywood lol. the only way we will ever get a decent resident evil movie now is from an independent b movie company, like those guys who posted those clips from their movie here.

not to mention the acting was shit. idk when "drama" became "acting" but that seems to be the standard anymore. make people all scared and crying all the time. fucking ruined zombies, same fate as vampires except its the people still alive who suck. fuck the resident evil movies, they are just twilight with zombies, and had the same impact.

/rant. im going to go watch the dead next door.

Comment

The entire first film is basically a boring, forgettable, PG-13 version of "Aliens".
        There are no characters, there are just basic tropes running around, dying like idiots. Was very sad to see the film make as much as it did back in 2002, because it wasn't anything worth watching and it started one of the worst movie franchises ever.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
          Titanic is a fantastic movie, very superb.
          Did you watch the recent 3D remastering? Damn, that thing is gorgeous. Maybe it's because it's one of the first 3D movies I watched fully at home, but it really popped out and felt like I was there almost. Way better than Avatar 3D.. The only other 3D movie I enjoyed so much was a Final Destination movie (I forget which), haha, great ridiculous death scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
            The entire first film is basically a boring, forgettable, PG-13 version of "Aliens".
            I think this is exactly why Cameron finds it a guilty pleasure. It's basically his own film's plot rehashed with zombies but not that well done :p
            Last edited by Rombie; 04-14-2014, 01:26 PM.

Comment

I would much rather a Resident Evil movie to be done in Japanese animation and with better writing that adheres to the canon. And this is coming from someone who never watches anime.
              sigpic
              "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
                Am I alone in thinking the RE CGI movies were awful as well?
                I didn't enjoy them too much either in all honesty. It was nice to see Claire again, but that's about it really. Although it's been a few years since I watched Degeneration, so I may give it another go.

Comment

Ahah. Sometimes I wonder if people just hate fun or have a strange currency conversion table for meassuring what their time is worth

Comment

I don't dislike the movies. I don't even compare them to the games at all. I like that they pay tribute to the games by including trademark enemies like the dogs, Nemesis, The Executioner and more. I really think a lot of people who compare the films to the games so strongly set their expectations too high. My sister loves all the movies, as well as Degeneration and Damnation. But I like to look at them in a 'they are something else' sort of way, leaving them totally separated from the gaming canon, because it means I get to enjoy them without making a lot of typical fan comparisons.

Comment

Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
                      Am I alone in thinking the RE CGI movies were awful as well?
                      Yes, you are. I prefer the CGI Movies over the crap fest Paul made.
                      sigpic
                      www.unitedstateslines.net

Comment

The only decent CGI film is 4D Executor shame it's a short and subtitled.
                        Last edited by Mikhail; 04-24-2014, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                          The only decent CGI film is 4D Executor shame it's a short and subtitled.
                          Has that been uploaded somewhere? I remember reading about it, but I thought it was long lost.

Comment

People should just get the DVDs for the commentary.

Milla and Rodriguez talking over Anderson and the producer as the latter two try to explain all the movie making stuff, was great.
                            As was the actors' commentary track for Apocalypse with Carlos' actor and Jovovich joking and laughing about everything and then it cuts to Jill's actress who is super-serious about how she studied Jill's mannerisms in the game.

Objective Fact: Movie Carlos is so much better than Game Carlos in every conceivable way, it's astounding. I wonder if that joint idea was Milla's. She is one of the few celebs I'd honestly just like to chill with as she's so much fun in interviews.

I'm ALMOST tempted to get UltraViolet on DVD just to hear her commentary with her dog. But as someone who would buy even Extinction on DVD for the commentary (otherwise that movie is total garbage. I hate it so much. Note that Anderson only directed 1, 4 and 5, and those are my favorites), buying UltraViolet is not high on my To Do List. It's right down there with Get Murdered.
                            Last edited by Becky's Butt; 05-16-2014, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Becky's Butt View Post
                              People should just get the DVDs for the commentary.

Milla and Rodriguez talking over Anderson and the producer as the latter two try to explain all the movie making stuff, was great.

As was the actors' commentary track for Apocalypse with Carlos' actor and Jovovich joking and laughing about everything and then it cuts to Jill's actress who is super-serious about how she studied Jill's mannerisms in the game.

Objective Fact: Movie Carlos is so much better than Game Carlos in every conceivable way, it's astounding. I wonder if that joint idea was Milla's. She is one of the few celebs I'd honestly just like to chill with as she's so much fun in interviews.

I'm ALMOST tempted to get UltraViolet on DVD just to hear her commentary with her dog. But as someone who would buy even Extinction on DVD for the commentary (otherwise that movie is total garbage. I hate it so much. Note that Anderson only directed 1, 4 and 5, and those are my favorites), buying UltraViolet is not high on my To Do List. It's right down there with Get Murdered.
                              No, just no. Commentary should be split up if that's how the cast act. Some people actually like to listen to commentary for trivia or film making info. That's why good commentary splits technical away from cast. Not how Eric Mabius needs screen motivation but then mock him insessently about eating yogurt. That's just pointless and mean. Oh yes I've listened. If you can't split a commentary group then I expect the cast to have fun but let others talk and quit being rude. Doesn't happen.

As I recall in the first commentary right at the start Milla isn't even aware they're going to watch the whole thing. The acting up after doesn't come from her being "cool" like you think, it's like a bored school kid who doesn't want to be at school and Anderson and Bolt end up acting like school teachers (like when the tell off the girls for talking about Grand Theft Auto).

I haven't listened to the others because I was put off by the first (plus these days I haven't got time to watch special features on every movie) but the commentary for the first film is one of the worst I've heard on any film.
                              Last edited by Rombie; 05-16-2014, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Well you should be happy then should you ever choose to watch Apocalypse's commentary. I believe there were 3 commentary tracks - one with the actors/actresses, one with Bolt and whoever directed Apocalypse, and one with the effects or make-up guy... At least I think that was the third one. It's been a while.

Not sure what the other three movies did as I don't own them. But it does seem like they heeded your advice with 2 at least.
                                Last edited by Becky's Butt; 05-16-2014, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X