Resident Evil: Behind the Mask [+Hazardous Battle]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Northman View Post
    What is the estimated time frame to complete this project to playable/release status?
    No idea about how much it's going to take, I haven't made any plans for that. Sonic and I were thinking to release something as soon as we have enough rooms to make a semi-complete path from the crash site to sewer tunnels. That should give a nice overview of the features to expect in a complete version.

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
    Is their anywhere where you could implement glass / metal reflections always thought the re1 mirror effect was ahead of it's time.
    There should be some good place in the new mansion. A mirror effect isn't exactly the most complex thing to code, it's nothing more than a flipped environment created by altering the view matrix.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Gemini please tell me your going to expand the mansion as well as other places in GS. I believe some places were too short.

Comment

• The Umbrella lab area was super small, so I'd hope it would be much bigger.
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
          Quick update because:
          Another classic project with most certainly working layers/masks/whatever?
          Spoiler:
          Last edited by Carnivol; 05-18-2014, 08:52 AM. Reason: Let it go!

Comment

• Did I ever mention that my body is ready?
            Hail the heros of the revolution!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
              Gemini please tell me your going to expand the mansion as well as other places in GS. I believe some places were too short.
              Keep in mind some parts of the game feel short because of the fast progression and zero puzzles.

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
              Another classic project with most certainly working layers/masks/whatever?
              Uh yeah. This is what I call the booze effect:

It's what I used to generate the masks in the screenshots above. REmake and RE0 apply a similar approach, along with alpha occlusion.
              Last edited by Gemini; 05-18-2014, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• How about the kitchen with the shiny steel pans, utensils, ovens
                you could also implement a mini battle like deadly silence where you grab the utensils / pans instead of the knife to attack the zombies with, :-p

Comment

Keep in mind some parts of the game feel short because of the fast progression and zero puzzles.

Uh yeah. This is what I call the booze effect:

It's what I used to generate the masks in the screenshots above. REmake and RE0 apply a similar approach, along with alpha occlusion.
                  This is interesting, would you mind explaining what's going on in this image and how it relays to mask placement?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                    How about the kitchen with the shiny steel pans, utensils, ovens
                    you could also implement a mini battle like deadly silence where you grab the utensils / pans instead of the knife to attack the zombies with, :-p
                    Cooking Jill: Master of Unlocking.

Originally posted by geluda View Post
                    This is interesting, would you mind explaining what's going on in this image and how it relays to mask placement?
                    It's an RGB representation of perspective values (not a 1:1 copy of them, they can't be really represented easily), later converted into sprite otz to be sorted over the real time 3D scene. With a few post processing tricks and a grid-based atlas it can be converted to fully working masks or can be used to simulate depth values like in REmake (I should use this on PC via shaders instead of sprites, to achieve better precision).

Meanwhile, some eye candy from SonicBlue's land:

He's giving a bunch of final touches to meshes here and there in the alley, then we can move on to the movie theater area.

And some random conversion:

I decided to mount on the engine a converted room from RE2 to test out collision data, lights, and soon billboard sprites. This map contains most of the collision data I need in order to make a decent number of tests, not to mention all the room in the world to check out Zonbi-chan's ability to follow the player.
                    Last edited by Gemini; 05-18-2014, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• I'm really excited about this project!
                      I was wondering... is there's going to be different languages support?

Comment

• Gemini you saying 1 area is now officially finished? If so then that's awesome. Can't wait for the next update. You should pull an IGAS and throw in some easter eggs, either as posters or a small movie clip on the screen.

Comment

• Very interesting and impressive project. And I love the fact that you're transparent about it. I wish I had what it takes to contribute in any way. You have my moral support :p

Comment

• Looks good! I'll keep an eye on it along with IGAS' project. I'm not sure about the concept (Gun Survivor.. I hated that game) but I assume you can turn it into something similar to RE1 to 3 or you wouldn't be doing it in the first place..

Comment

• Tech demo no.3 is here:

Showing off the new boot sequence (tho it's lacking the Loboto 3 logo) and video playback with a weird recording bug fixed. You partially get to see the fixed collision code in action, but it was sorta already shown in the previous demo, so nothing exceptionally new there. There are also masks in action, just in case somebody still thinks all RE projects need to fake them for God knows whatever reason. Enjoy.

Originally posted by LittleKryug View Post
                              I was wondering... is there's going to be different languages support?
                              For now only English is supported. No idea if this will change anytime soon, I haven't made any plans on multiple language support.

Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                              Gemini you saying 1 area is now officially finished? If so then that's awesome. Can't wait for the next update. You should pull an IGAS and throw in some easter eggs, either as posters or a small movie clip on the screen.
                              With the previous post I meant SonicBlue is almost done with the very first room. He's still testing with render settings to get the best possible quality at 320x240. So far all's good, but if we can get improved results it should be even better. It takes some time to setup a reliable environment.

Originally posted by Rick Hunter View Post
                              Very interesting and impressive project. And I love the fact that you're transparent about it. I wish I had what it takes to contribute in any way. You have my moral support :p
                              I'm not sure about what you mean with the transparent part. This is my usual modus operandi when I announce a project.

Originally posted by Scream View Post
                              I'm not sure about the concept (Gun Survivor.. I hated that game) but I assume you can turn it into something similar to RE1 to 3 or you wouldn't be doing it in the first place..
                              I can see where you're coming from, and I agree with GS being a let down. And yes, I'm turning this into a classic RE game because there are many interesting things about the original concept, but unfortunately TOSE completely wasted the occasion with a rushed, half-assed engine.

Comment

I can see where you're coming from, and I agree with GS being a let down. And yes, I'm turning this into a classic RE game because there are many interesting things about the original concept, but unfortunately TOSE completely wasted the occasion with a rushed, half-assed engine.
                                Yep - maybe for the first serious trailer you can pick out and elaborate on things you've improved from the original game (a side-by-side comparison of how obviously crap the original is, for example). Might get even more people interested in it that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X