Resident Evil: Behind the Mask [+Hazardous Battle]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
    I think that classically styled remakes of 1.5, Gun Survivor, and Gaiden would form a powerful trilogy of quality fan projects, and one that would almost certainly grab Capcom's attention if successful, forcing them to rethink the series (again).
    Your absolutely right! They may rethink their strategy and go classic. Who knows, may want to hire IGAS and Gemini to their "team".

Comment

• Well, I guess there's no one more qualified to make classic survival horror games than the people who have spent the past 20 years studying the genre!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
        Your absolutely right! They may rethink their strategy and go classic. Who knows, may want to hire IGAS and Gemini to their "team".
        hehe. i think maybe will be hard to get 6 million downloads on project like this and also translate it to the estimate of profit. maybe attention will show existence of market for classic and small team do it possible for maybe small release of download or as bonus. cross fingers and be nice with hoping.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheyGrell View Post
          It seems I'm having trouble with the messaging system on here. After trying twice, it says I haven't sent anything. Mind if either a) You give me an email address or b) I upload it here? Other people will be able to grab it I know, but I don't see any other choice.
          It actually went through via regular private message. Seems like you're on the right track with your interpretation of Ark. Just in case, I'll leave you my personal contact in private so that we can interact faster via instant messagers.

Originally posted by leftshoe18 View Post
          There may be a PC port so you wouldn't have to worry about an emulator.
          There may be one, if I can get the scheduler converted to work on PC and PSP. I have been suggested a library (FreeRTOS) that does something quite similar to a task scheduler with TCB tables, but I haven't had much time to test if it works the way that I want it to behave. At least it compiles fine to static .lib, so cross your fingers and hope it does also the rest with code between critical sections like I already do on the PSX.

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
          Any chance of seeing the game run with 16:9 backgrounds instead,
          384x216 lose 24 pixels on the height but gain it back on the width +40 extra.
          Wide screen is not going to happen on the PSX, it would require bigger buffers and a non-standard resolution. PSP and PC will have native 16:9 aspect ratio, again, if I can get the scheduler to work.

Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
          I want to see a Gaiden remake. Gemini do you want to give it a shot or at least think about it?
          I'm definitively not that much interested in Gaiden, it's not even part of the canon. I'd be more interested in a single player Outbreak with a different main lead for each scenario, to be honest. Then again, this is a case that will be considered only when the engine gets more mature, refined, and thoroughly tested.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
            It actually went through via regular private message. Seems like you're on the right track with your interpretation of Ark. Just in case, I'll leave you my personal contact in private so that we can interact faster via instant messagers.
            I've left you mine & it's good to know I'm at least on the right path

Comment

• I think we should all just worry about Behind the Mask and not concentrate on future projects. We all know how difficult it is to complete ONE project, let's not encourage Gemini to bite off more than he can chew or we'll get nothing! XD

Comment

• Gemini = E can enter the crows and zombies laboratory in the remake of gun survivor ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                  Wide screen is not going to happen on the PSX, it would require bigger buffers and a non-standard resolution. PSP and PC will have native 16:9 aspect ratio, again, if I can get the scheduler to work.
                  PSP? why bother an Android port for handhelds would be better
                  I was thinking of porting Revengi to Android but I don't know if their's any interest.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackpower View Post
                    Gemini = E can enter the crows and zombies laboratory in the remake of gun survivor ?

>engrish

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                      PSP? why bother an Android port for handhelds would be better
                      PSP port, assuming the "minis" restrictions are used, would technically give full PSP, PS3, and Vita compatibility.

Comment

• All I need is to jail break my PS3 then... I need to do this!
                        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                          All I need is to jail break my PS3 then... I need to do this!
                          A piece of advice, if it happens to be a ps3 fat, do your self a favor and get rid of it first, then buy yourself a jail broken ps3 slim or you will end up with a nice YLOD brick !

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                            PSP port, assuming the "minis" restrictions are used, would technically give full PSP, PS3, and Vita compatibility.
                            Vita & PSP can emulate the ps1 via pops and later ps3's can via fgriver's emulator though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                              Vita & PSP can emulate the ps1 via pops and later ps3's can via fgriver's emulator though.
                              Still wouldn't give you the extra screen resolution/widescreen option and the general benefit of stronger hardware, which is probably the best argument for a PSP version. Besides, Android platforms can emulate PS1 mostly fine too; with user controlled enhancement features ;p

Comment

• Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                                Still wouldn't give you the extra screen resolution/widescreen option and the general benefit of stronger hardware, which is probably the best argument for a PSP version. Besides, Android platforms can emulate PS1 mostly fine too; with user controlled enhancement features ;p
                                Indeed but i'd prefer proper higher res port for Android raw 1080p minimum than upscaling emulation, 2k / 4k is overkill on a tablet though. Reicast on Android is putting the whole Android gaming market to shame :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X