No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask [+Hazardous Battle]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android port = random resolutions on each device, code to be converted to Java, and touch controls. I wouldn't ever touch that shit with a 10-inch pole. Games planned for consoles and other hardware with actual controls don't translate at all to phones.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Each to their own, but I skipped the shit that was the 7th gen, 8th ain't much better.

Comment

• Made a little fan art / poster for BTM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	poster1 copy.png
Views:	1
Size:	554.6 KB
ID:	403648 Click image for larger version

Name:	poster2 copy.png
Views:	1
Size:	670.7 KB
ID:	403649
        Last edited by Zombie_X; 05-11-2014, 11:14 AM.
        My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• The one on the right is better - I love it xP
          "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• Someone's excited.

Comment

• Indeed I am.
              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• Bumping the thread with a few news summed up from Twitter:
                • Boot sequence implemented; works more or less like on RE1-2-3 with a disclaimer, video logo of CAPCOM (MDEC playback seems to be working fine in both 15 and 24 bit modes, vertical alignment is also available), and the Loboto 3 logo as a picture (with caching of data hidden between the transition). It doesn't show up again when you soft reset the game, sends you instead straight away to the title screen.
                • Added optimized code to manage and display masks, but I still need to create data to feed it in order to test sprite procedures.
                • Added more code to manage BGM playback and decrescendo. Still needs a few tweaks so that I don't need to kill voice envelope to avoid sound clipping.
                • [DEBUG] Fixed the memory viewer module to actually show real stats of allocation, since now room loading has most of the required data implemented.
                • Fixed a few bugs with the collision engine, but there are still a few quirks, specifically with intersections.
                • Fixed the ghost effect on camera change (it was visible in Tech Demo No.2 video).

When we have a second room done I'll post a video of door transitions and room interconnection.

Comment

• Looks great Gemini. Keep up the hard work. I may be working on a save room theme this weekend. Some melodies came to mind at work so I'll see about throwing it together in FLstudio real quick before trying to work on it with PSF format.

Comment

• this is making rapid progress

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                    Android port = random resolutions on each device, code to be converted to Java, and touch controls. I wouldn't ever touch that shit with a 10-inch pole. Games planned for consoles and other hardware with actual controls don't translate at all to phones.
                    if only investor understand this problem. for this reason the experience of gaming mobile is not optimal and fit for all type of game. a game is the interaction of the experience and not its playable figure.

Comment

• Very nice! Can't wait to see more, especially the background art!

Comment

• Gemini this is on everyone's radar now, keep it up.

Comment

• Wow, that's what I call professional work. Damn, you just shamed much part of capcom's most recent work there and you even don't work for them!
                          Now, I have a few questions regarding the game.
                          Much of the (early era at least) Resident Evil games, have numerous leftover elements. Such as unused enemies, areas, objects, dialogues etc. Are you aware if any version of the original games features any of those elements, and if yes, are you going to somehow to include them in Behind the mask?
                          Is the game going to be to feature the path/choices system the original game has, or are you going to unify all paths/scenarios in a single game? I really hope for the second option, I always felt that the original Survivor was somewhat smaller than it should be..
                          And finally, has the team decided which elements and parts of the slightly altered story from the databooks/guides and such, are going to be included in Behind the mask?
                          I also have some ideas regarding the puzzles, for the spoiler's sake I'm going to finalize those thoughts and send you a pm soon as possible.
                          Please keep up with your great work, and continue to "feed" us with more videos with mechanics and gameplay

Comment

• Quick update because:

Ark is literally behind the masks, or in front of them like you'd expect him to be in some occasions. No Gruyère holes or artifact pixels in random spot, no flat rectangles to make a wall, and a decent quantity of sprites to ensure correct depth cueing (those screenshots should have 83). The mask code is capable of doing transparencies, just in case they'd be ever needed. Visually speaking the engine is currently quite close to its official counterparts; more refinements should make it a good reproduction with slight performance improvements.

Originally posted by Getta robo View Post
                            Much of the (early era at least) Resident Evil games, have numerous leftover elements. Such as unused enemies, areas, objects, dialogues etc. Are you aware if any version of the original games features any of those elements, and if yes, are you going to somehow to include them in Behind the mask?

Is the game going to be to feature the path/choices system the original game has, or are you going to unify all paths/scenarios in a single game? I really hope for the second option, I always felt that the original Survivor was somewhat smaller than it should be..

And finally, has the team decided which elements and parts of the slightly altered story from the databooks/guides and such, are going to be included in Behind the mask?
                            1) I'm not sure about the unused enemies, at least from the PSX series. I'm aware of unused items, assets, and whatnot. Having new items is probably more interesting and with less constrains than relying on existing ones that don't fit almost anywhere.
                            2) There will be some points where the player can make a choice, but it's closer to RE1 than in 3 or Gun Survivor. The branched paths will go away, they are literally useless and make almost no sense in a game where backtracking plays a fundamental role.
                            3) The story will stay more or less the same, no huge changes there other than the possibility to see most events in a single playthrough. Progression is what should get a nice overhaul for obvious reasons.
                            Last edited by Gemini; 05-16-2014, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Asking this might draw your ire, but... What is the estimated time frame to complete this project to playable/release status?

Comment

• Is their anywhere where you could implement glass / metal reflections always thought the re1 mirror effect was ahead of it's time.

Comment

Working...
                                X