Resident Evil: Behind the Mask [+Hazardous Battle]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
    Most impressive! You ought to consider setting up a Facebook page rather then a Twitter but that's just my opinion. Now it's a race to see what finishes 1st, 1.5 or Survivor and considering your starting from scratch you seem to be making a ton of progress in a short period compared to 1.5 at this point in time. Is Behind the Mask the official name of your "rebirth" game or just a code name?

Is anyone curious to see a Gaiden remake?
    DON'T TOY WITH ME.

Honestly all you'd have to do is fix the ending with leon and you can easily make it canon. I WANT

Comment

Gemini and SonicBlue, you both are doing a mighty fine job with this project! Glad to see SonicBlue using his potential as a professional 3D modeler and putting it to good use. Those backgrounds! The fact you guys are even coding your own engine makes it all the more better and already made more progress than I did with my own RE engine.

Keep up the good work and hope to see some further updates real soon!
      Last edited by VirusPunk; 04-22-2014, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Gemini = How will the BOW "Cleaner" is its animation of his death?

I want to one day see Resident Evil: Dead Aim is Dino Crisis Dino Stalker, as a result of dino crisis 2.

Comment

Wow, many thanks to everybody for the warm support! I couldn't believe Gun Survivor had so many fans.

Back to business, about what I said yesterday on giving more intel on the creatures of Gun Survivor, here is a little something I put together just today:

It's supposed to be a database of every enemy in game, with the exception of copy entries (i.e. multitude of zombies, one should be more than enough to explain what they are). It's still crude as hell, the transitions aren't properly moving the enemy out of screen when you switch to the next one and the same is for the gradient silhouette showing up while the game loads enemy files in background; I spent more time on that x-ray scan effect rather than on the actual layout, but at least drawing a wireframe offscreen and moving that back to frame buffer with a subtractive gradient pays off very well in terms of visuals. I'm probably going to use a PC terminal interface for the actual entries of the database.

Originally posted by blackpower View Post
          Gemini = How will the BOW "Cleaner" is its animation of his death?
          Depending on the area I may decide not to make them melt to the floor, but IIRC they're really supposed to vanish because that's how Umbrella designed them.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Fucking cool this whole thing. Would you add the "Man-Spider" Enemy??
            "What is it? - BLOOD!"

Comment

I like that Database idea. I think it's one of the best extras int he games. An encyclopedia of BOWs along with more info on them hopefully.
              My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Originally posted by CraZyEddy2010 View Post
                Would you add the "Man-Spider" Enemy??
                I was thinking of that one, yeah. It would need some changes in order to translate better to the different style of textures and models, but it's certainly an interesting entry to be added to my array of monsters (not to mention Gun Survivor is like a dream match of the RE series). Plus I need a BOW to kill stoopid Andy in the most atrocious way I can think.

Comment

This looks promising as hell.

Comment

Gemini = what do you think of Infected rats, many are lethal When you can attack anything, and especially the crimson head?

Comment

Crimson Heads as an enemy? Not to sure about until their is one mocked up.

We could change Ark's background story to be more canon. He could also work for the U.S. government in a different department then Leon while still investigating. Maybe as "Special Agent" Ark Thompson. They do the same work however detectives are more for local or same country type stuff while agents handle everything else. Just my 2 cents.
                      Last edited by Ultimacloud123; 04-23-2014, 08:54 AM.

Comment

No enemies will be added outside of canon, and the exclusion rule also applies to stuff that wouldn't work because of gameplay or inconsistency with the story. IF I were to add anything "new" it would be as an extra. I'm definitively keeping the door open for Chimera, Yawn, and Nemesis-T Type, throw them either in an extra battle mode or make them spawn on hardest mode.
                        Last edited by Gemini; 04-23-2014, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                          We could change Ark's background story to be more canon. He could also work for the U.S. government in a different department then Leon while still investigating. Maybe as "Special Agent" Ark Thompson. They do the same work however detectives are more for local or same country type stuff while agents handle everything else. Just my 2 cents.
                          There's nothing wrong with Ark's background story. He is requested by Leon to investigate Sheena Island because the government cannot.

Ark is a private detective unaffiliated with any organization, so he has less red tape to go through before he goes snooping somewhere. Agents are bound by jurisdiction just like conventional police detectives. It's a common theme in investigative tales that the hero is denied the ability to actually investigate. Ark is a circumvention of that. Leon can't go, so he sends someone else in his stead.
                          Last edited by News Bot; 04-23-2014, 10:12 AM.
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Looks good! RES was always one of my favorite Resident Evils! I can do some graphic designing if you ever need an extra hand.
                            sigpic

Comment

remember that there are hunters on gun survivor, it may be that it is the work of wesker as the most successful in the in code veronica.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpower View Post

remember that there are hunters on gun survivor, it may be that it is the work of wesker as the most successful in the in code veronica.
                                No, they're mass-produced Hunters belonging to Umbrella. Not the "Hunter II" created by Wesker's organization.
                                PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Working...
                                X