No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask [+Hazardous Battle]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man i love those creepy "Cleaners" creatures, i wonder how will they turn out in this remake ! I also hope i will be able to use my fastest favorite handgun again which is the handgun B, when i do replays, i always ignore handgun C & D and choose the hospital path to get this incredible gun !

Comment

Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
      Man i love those creepy "Cleaners" creatures, i wonder how will they turn out in this remake ! I also hope i will be able to use my fastest favorite handgun again which is the handgun B, when i do replays, i always ignore handgun C & D and choose the hospital path to get this incredible gun !
      That's one thing I would change actually. Just make them a regular human clean-up crew. And make the UT Commander Hunk. Why the hell not?
      "I've got 100 cows."
      "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

I do hope that the handguns are renamed to their actual name. A-D seems too boring. I even think that there would be too many now that I think about it. That's 4 handguns and I haven't seen that many in any other RE game with the exception on RE4.

Comment

I can't wait to see if there are throwback type areas to the previous games. Like the mansion, I hope it's made to be dark and creepy like remake.

Gemini, are you going to greatly expand the areas? The mansion felt to small, so I was wondering if you're going to make it bigger. It's be nice if Sheena Island were remade to resemble a small city, like it should. I'd picture it kinda like Raccoon City.
          My Head-Fi Page

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
            It's be nice if Sheena Island were remade to resemble a small city, like it should. I'd picture it kinda like Raccoon City.
            It shouldn't. It's a small town.
            PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
              It shouldn't. It's a small town.
              That's why its a perfect place for cutting the heads of young men from around the world and making tyrants. It's hard not to be romantic about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                Wow, many thanks to everybody for the warm support! I couldn't believe Gun Survivor had so many fans.

Back to business, about what I said yesterday on giving more intel on the creatures of Gun Survivor, here is a little something I put together just today:

It's supposed to be a database of every enemy in game, with the exception of copy entries (i.e. multitude of zombies, one should be more than enough to explain what they are). It's still crude as hell, the transitions aren't properly moving the enemy out of screen when you switch to the next one and the same is for the gradient silhouette showing up while the game loads enemy files in background; I spent more time on that x-ray scan effect rather than on the actual layout, but at least drawing a wireframe offscreen and moving that back to frame buffer with a subtractive gradient pays off very well in terms of visuals. I'm probably going to use a PC terminal interface for the actual entries of the database.

Depending on the area I may decide not to make them melt to the floor, but IIRC they're really supposed to vanish because that's how Umbrella designed them.
                Is this rendered in realtime or switching between video clips? kinda looks like blured vhs footage or looking through glass.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpower View Post

remember that there are hunters on gun survivor, it may be that it is the work of wesker as the most successful in the in code veronica.
                  I didn't forget about them:

They are already converted to be used by the engine.

Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                  I do hope that the handguns are renamed to their actual name. A-D seems too boring. I even think that there would be too many now that I think about it. That's 4 handguns and I haven't seen that many in any other RE game with the exception on RE4.
                  Handguns have been renamed to use an actual nomenclature. As for the number, I haven't decided yet how to treat them. A reduction seems almost necessary due to merged multiple scenarios.

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
                  Gemini, are you going to greatly expand the areas? The mansion felt to small, so I was wondering if you're going to make it bigger.
                  Areas will be resized depending on what game progression deems necessary. The mansion segment with the three ropeway routes will drastically change since the original was awfully lame, especially the mountain path with those three Mr.X incapable of tracking you down.

Originally posted by TheBatMan View Post
                  That's one thing I would change actually. Just make them a regular human clean-up crew. And make the UT Commander Hunk. Why the hell not?
                  While HUNK is easily one of the most likable characters he doesn't fit in Gun Survivor. The UT commander has to die at some point according to the original scenario, so a replacement with a character we know is alive many years after the Sheena Island incident wouldn't work.

Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
                  Man i love those creepy "Cleaners" creatures, i wonder how will they turn out in this remake !
                  They will need a drastic change in the AI. The way they move isn't exactly the best and probably wouldn't work as "good" with pre-rendered background and static cameras.

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                  Is this rendered in realtime or switching between video clips? kinda looks like blured vhs footage or looking through glass.
                  Real time. No idea what you mean with blurred footage, it looks super crisp on my end.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                  , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                    I didn't forget about them:

They are already converted to be used by the engine.

Handguns have been renamed to use an actual nomenclature. As for the number, I haven't decided yet how to treat them. A reduction seems almost necessary due to merged multiple scenarios.

Areas will be resized depending on what game progression deems necessary. The mansion segment with the three ropeway routes will drastically change since the original was awfully lame, especially the mountain path with those three Mr.X incapable of tracking you down.

While HUNK is easily one of the most likable characters he doesn't fit in Gun Survivor. The UT commander has to die at some point according to the original scenario, so a replacement with a character we know is alive many years after the Sheena Island incident wouldn't work.

They will need a drastic change in the AI. The way they move isn't exactly the best and probably wouldn't work as "good" with pre-rendered background and static cameras.

Real time. No idea what you mean with blurred footage, it looks super crisp on my end.
                    I mean after the scanning is completed and it shows the full enemy model, it still looks as though the wavey scanline effect is present.

Comment

Gemini: In the remake of Gun Survivor can do mention Sergei Vladimir in a file? The mass production of T-103's Which Was spearheaded on Sheena Island was based on the initial Sergei clones.

What do you think of a tyrant 103 (Ivan) as guardian of the factory of production of the 103s as a mini-boss is for the protection of the tyrant Hipnos?

Comment

I haven't played much of Survivor, but it seems like you have to commit to a lot of your pathways, and you are limited in your exploration and item collecting? Do you plan to keep these elements? It would actually be an interesting way of creating multiple scenarios having the player take different routes each play through, as then you find different files, different weapons, different key items, perhaps even meet different characters and accomplish different goals all for different endings. Each Resident Evil game seemed to be fairly unique in how it created replay value, for instance Chris/Jill scenario from BIO1, A/B scenario from BIO2 and Live Selection scenario from BIO3. Should this be an adaptation of Survivor it would be great to see it stay true to the original and retain these kinds of elements.

Comment

The "mass-production" part of GS's story is the part nobody actually gets, incidentally.

β Hetero Nonserotonin is not necessary to mass-produce Tyrants. Any B.O.W. is mass-produced via cloning. BHN is actually used specifically to create Hypnos-T because it promotes increased ferocity.

Take this file.

In order to establish the Tyrant's mass-production system, it is essential to inject β Hetero Nonserotonin with a high level of purity during gene culture.
                          The confusion here comes from the fact that Vincent is using "Tyrant" to refer to Hypnos-T. It's easy to get confused because of the general nature of the name. The game's official guidebook clarifies:

The ultimate T-Virus B.O.W. Umbrella devoted most of its power to develop. With its human-like appearance, dreadful destructive power and an intellect that allows it to follow any given order, it's more than just a biological weapon. As their main B.O.W. series, various new types of Tyrants are being researched in several of Umbrella's laboratories around the world, with the weapons plant at Sheena Island mainly focused on developing a new mass-production system to create a new type of Tyrant.

In short; BHN's relevance to the story is merely as a tool to make Hypnos-T a better killing machine. After that, Hypnos-T would be mass-produced via cloning.
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

This popped outta nowhere, that background looks really good! Best of luck to make something good out of this!

Comment

The main variation between this Tyrant and other models was the inclusion in its genetic makeup of the Hypnos gene, a modified genetic strand that, when implanted into an organism, would kill the weaker cells through natural selection, leaving only the best to keep the organism ongoing and encouraging the reproduction of the better cells. This gene was created by Umbrella scientist on Sheena Island Doctor Klein.

The Hypnos Tyrant has three forms.

First Form

It's first form is relatively weak, able to be stopped by most firearms. Its enlarged claw is still deadly though.

Second Form

It's muscle mass and claw size has greatly increased and it is now more resistant to firearms.

Third Form

The mutations cause the Tyrant to regress to an almost primate like creature. It loses much of its remaining intelligence and its muscle size increases enormously. It can now move extremely fast, leaping over its opponents. One of it's claw attacks begins with a leap into the air, much like the jumping slash, used by Hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by News Bot View Post
                                There's nothing wrong with Ark's background story. He is requested by Leon to investigate Sheena Island because the government cannot.

Ark is a private detective unaffiliated with any organization, so he has less red tape to go through before he goes snooping somewhere. Agents are bound by jurisdiction just like conventional police detectives. It's a common theme in investigative tales that the hero is denied the ability to actually investigate. Ark is a circumvention of that. Leon can't go, so he sends someone else in his stead.
                                How do they know each other? A rookie cop and a private detective?

Comment

Working...
                                X