No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask [+Hazardous Battle]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice! I like the sky, the whole atmosphere comes together with a BIO1 vibe, definitely a style fitting of the series.

Comment

They have the resident evil remake feel, great work !

Comment

RAD! Glad you like. I will do a waitress design as well. Do you have an email address I can send these too?
        Last edited by DWZ1976; 05-01-2014, 04:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by geluda View Post
          I was blown away by Dark Biohazard
          Everybody should, it was an extremely intriguing concept, the most interesting of all if I may say so, unfortunately never developed to its fullest because of the framework used as a base. I'm honestly tempted to pay it tribute somehow, but I haven't heard from Dominion in at least one and a half year, not sure what could be done about it. If he were to make a comeback I wouldn't mind providing him the means to at least produce a little tech demo of what the game could have been. I mean, after all Behind the Mask is programmed in a way that makes it look like a development iteration between RE2 and 3 (same enemies, similar general feeling), but with its own peculiar elements. For example, I don't use weapon "hands": each weapon has a standalone model attached to the real hand via a variable super matrix (i.e. weapon users can go left-handed for a change and by changing one value). I wouldn't mind lending a hand to somebody who showed potential and due to the simplified nature of my engine it wouldn't be a hassle at all to put together something functional with very little work.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
          , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Gemini, what area is that? I can't seem to remember it, then again it's been around 10 years since I played last.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
              I sincerely hope you, gemini and the rest of the team would finish your wonderful work and make Behind the mask what we ever dream about gun survivor! I'm truly stunned from what I'm reading and seeing here!
              Last edited by Getta robo; 05-01-2014, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                Gemini, what area is that? I can't seem to remember it, then again it's been around 10 years since I played last.
                Same as the first screenshot, just seen from the opposite direction, I believe. Basically the second playable room in the game after you gain control of the main character.

Comment

The movements are from RE2 or 3
                  You can really feel the progress through games. In NEMESIS I really like this small things like climbing stairs without pressing action button or quick turn and dodge moves. For example first game was so stiff, second better and in every after they add some new moves or improvements.
                  I will throw the idea of Dino Crisis 2 moves, I don't know if this is possible because I don't understand nothing from programming or modding, so forgive me if I'm saying something stupid here.
                  I can see Ark Thomson jumping around more freely and fight more number of enemies like Cerberus and hunters may be.
                  I thing that this moves will make things easier, I record some of them like, shooting while running, quick turn with one button and that side dodge move which can be very helpful. And of course the FIREWALL sub weapon, with it faster enemies don't have chance. You can shot ones then quick turn while your back is save and attack from better position.
                  VIDEO
                  Maybe even main and sub weapon idea is good too
                  CHEK OUT MY SITE :) http://www.gamepomagalo.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SonicBlue View Post
                    Some updates

Glorious. :3

Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                    Appears to be right at the beginning, in the alley where Ark finds the unconscious Vincent, and where the first zombie attack takes place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                      [*]Music composers experienced with sequenced spreadsheets and samples (i.e. Kontakt), and who don't use that train wreck called FL Studio. Again, we could use the original soundtrack pretty much entirely, but it's not exactly what you'd want in a survival horror.
                      I normally compose and edit scores using Logic Pro, but I also have FMOD Designer and access to the latest and greatest Pro Tools HD rig (I'm a Music Technology postgrad student, so it's located on campus). As far as sound generators and samples are concerned, aside from the expansive Logic Pro sound library, I own Native Instruments Komplete 5 (which includes Kontakt 3 and other phenomenal software synthesizers, samplers, and effects engines). I'd be delighted to help if I could.

Here are a couple of my backgrounds loops, if you haven't heard them already (I wrote it for a UT/UDK version of BH1.5):

(part I) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ADMP_comp1.mp3
                      (part II) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ADMP_comp2.mp3

Comment

• Great music Enigmatism, for the long play of RE Series, the tracks are for the Sewer System and the other for a Battle Theme or totally a Creepy Sewer System with more enemies and maybe a Light Puzzle or something. It uses the same style of RE1 with RE2 and RE3 styles. Great, hope we can hear more samples....

Comment

• Gemini = I had an idea on a scenario for the remake of gun survivor, Hospital sheena island, I thought that this scenario may be an important element of this remake by adding a Dark atmosphere is intriguing.
                          Spoiler:

This is the main hall of 'hospital.
                          Spoiler:

It would be great to insert a quote from the Walking dead at the hospital.
                          Spoiler:

What do you think of the live selection of resident evil 3 remake of the gun survivor, choose two alternative routes, flee or fight the enemies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tsolovvv View Post
                            The movements are from RE2 or 3
                            You can really feel the progress through games. In NEMESIS I really like this small things like climbing stairs without pressing action button or quick turn and dodge moves. For example first game was so stiff, second better and in every after they add some new moves or improvements.
                            Couldn't stand the fact that Code Veronice, despite coming from the RE3 dev. period, didn't contain such a movement. This means I'll probably have ladder movement if it's not a mess to add (i.e. not just collision, but also split movement between legs and the hip bottom-up nodes).

Maybe even main and sub weapon idea is good too
                            When Sonic and I designed the menu a support weapon was included. And actually, it still is:

Too bad we had to drop a "PERSONAL" item due to layout constrains, but I'll find a way around to cram in more stuff.

Originally posted by Enigmatism415 View Post
                            Here are a couple of my backgrounds loops, if you haven't heard them already (I wrote it for a UT/UDK version of BH1.5):
                            I listened to both multiple times, but I can't hear much of a RE vibe. It sounds more like something resembling a piece of music from Tomb Raider 4, so unfortunately it's not what we're looking for.

Originally posted by blackpower View Post
                            What do you think of the live selection of resident evil 3 remake of the gun survivor, choose two alternative routes, flee or fight the enemies.
                            I think there's no place for such an option and I rather would go with something different for the sake of making this as unique as possible.
                            Last edited by Gemini; 05-03-2014, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Hey Gemini, I noticed you have no ECG in your inventory screen. Also Ark's BG color seems out of place. I would have gone with black with possibly a green hue unless his portrait is a replacement to the ECG in which I still stand on changing it to green for fine status. Maybe you could take that approach for health with portrait BG color. (Fine (green)100-75% health, Upper Caution (yellow) 74-50%, Lower Caution (orange) 49-25%, and Danger (red) 24-1%) as well a Poison (purple). I'd also keep the BG hue to represent also the health status.

Comment

• Of course it's missing the ECG, it's a mock for the most.

In other news, collisions are implemented (boxes & ellipses, other shapes coming). Now Ark and Zonbi-chan can stop going through walls like ghosts. I'll fire a video when I'm done assembling together a proper map wrapper.
                                Last edited by Gemini; 05-03-2014, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X