No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask [+Hazardous Battle]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh nevermind, I posted too soon. Well if you still need help with designing a 'proper' inventory screen, I'm willing to help
    Last edited by Chris' Boob; 05-04-2014, 07:49 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Nice to see a new angle!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bm1Bo7DCcAA4DvD (1).png
Views:	1
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	403641

My offer for help is still out there is needed. I could easily help make a PSX layout for you, I have everything for a layout custom made. I could even drop you guys a PSD with all the proper items.

Also are you going to implement Dual Shock support? It shouldn't be that hard to add in right?
      Last edited by Zombie_X; 05-04-2014, 09:47 PM.
      My Head-Fi Page

Comment

• This project is looking really promising, I hope it is seen through until its completion. I really dig how the sky looks in the current screenshots.

If you ever need help with sprites or menu layout, I'm your guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
          Also are you going to implement Dual Shock support? It shouldn't be that hard to add in right?
          He should add GunCon support in a similar fashion to how the two player mode works in Super Mario Galaxy :|

Comment

• Like I mentioned on twitter, here's another brief video update with a bit more progress:

There are still rough edges that I need to work on more, like camera switching with a slight ghost effect of 3D meshes and footstep support in the map header. Other than that, once I'm done adding 2D overlays with a Z factor I can start generating masks with a depth perception that isn't that of paper-thin film.

Originally posted by Renard View Post
            If you ever need help with sprites or menu layout, I'm your guy.
            It depends on how much experienced you are with pixel art. Then again, so far there isn't much of that that I haven't designed with Sonic uses renders as a base. I'm not even sure what the status menu will turn out like at this rate, but with progress we will see.

Originally posted by Zombie_X View Post
            I could easily help make a PSX layout for you, I have everything for a layout custom made. I could even drop you guys a PSD with all the proper items.
            I can easily make my own too, but that's like at the deepest bottom of my work list. The engine is what I'm pushing forward to get done, everything else is just embellishment that can be added much later on.

It's been there since day 1. Squeeze Bomb had support for it.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
            , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

• Voice Acting (Audition, I guess? o.0)

Hello there.

I was recommended to come & check this project out by a member of these forums. My name is SheyGrell & I have a YouTube channel for projects concerning voice acting. One of the projects I did a while back was of Leon Kennedy for RE 2 plus a rather flimsy interpretation of RE 1.5. Since then, I've had a few upgrades in equipment, volume control & delivery of my performance, the latest technical addition being a new & considerably higher quality microphone (that I haven't recorded anything with yet).

I'm simply bringing this up on the off chance. I completely understand any concerns with background noise but with the new mic, that has been taken care of. I also understand if I'm just not what you'd be looking for. But if there's any chance that I might be of use, I'd be glad to help

If you'd like further proof of any skill I have in this regard, some of the other projects on my channel should hopefully provide more evidence:
              https://www.youtube.com/user/Limbitation

Comment

• Cool beans there. Now I'm not sure if you'd be more suitable for Ark or Vincent. I should probably send you a copy of the very first scene in game with Ark, but since there's no change in the script so far, you can already make a little demo to have a better idea (it's the scene in the alley with Vincent playing dead). If it works out, I'll make sure to have it converted to be used in game as soon as the interpreter is finished. Here's the script:
                Uh!? You look familiar, but...

...Aww... But... I just can't remember...

Ark Thompson, huh?

Though I can't remember anything, I know that this was no way for anyone to die.

What!?
                Last edited by Gemini; 05-05-2014, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• Fantastic I'll get that done & sent over to you ASAP. Should be by the end of week at the absolute latest but very probably sooner. By the sounds of it, there's no real hurry but if you want me to do it sooner than that, please let me know.

I hope this isn't interpreted as an early celebration by anyone, but regardless of how this turns out, thank you for at least giving me this opportunity
                  Last edited by SheyGrell; 05-05-2014, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Gemini you still need someone for "Slick" (my nickname for the U.T Commander) as well as Lott and Andy. You may want to give him dialogues for them as well. Who knows I may even give it a shot since I just bought for my spouse some recording equipment.

Comment

• Originally posted by SheyGrell View Post
                      Hello there.

I was recommended to come & check this project out by a member of these forums. My name is SheyGrell & I have a YouTube channel for projects concerning voice acting. One of the projects I did a while back was of Leon Kennedy for RE 2 plus a rather flimsy interpretation of RE 1.5. Since then, I've had a few upgrades in equipment, volume control & delivery of my performance, the latest technical addition being a new & considerably higher quality microphone (that I haven't recorded anything with yet).

I'm simply bringing this up on the off chance. I completely understand any concerns with background noise but with the new mic, that has been taken care of. I also understand if I'm just not what you'd be looking for. But if there's any chance that I might be of use, I'd be glad to help

If you'd like further proof of any skill I have in this regard, some of the other projects on my channel should hopefully provide more evidence:
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/Limbitation
                      You sounded most like Leon on the Leon / Marvin rpd scene.
                      Last edited by Mikhail; 05-05-2014, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                        Gemini you still need someone for "Slick" (my nickname for the U.T Commander) as well as Lott and Andy.
                        I'll be playing Lott actually =D

Comment

• Originally posted by Kei_M View Post
                          I'll be playing Lott actually =D
                          Y'know, because of the difficulties I was having in signing up beforehand, that completely sailed over my head when you told me xD

Comment

• Originally posted by SheyGrell View Post
                            Fantastic I'll get that done & sent over to you ASAP. Should be by the end of week at the absolute latest but very probably sooner. By the sounds of it, there's no real hurry but if you want me to do it sooner than that, please let me know.
                            Good, I'll be waiting for a sample. And yeah, there isn't really any rush, I'm still in the planning phase with the engine and SonicBlue is setting up his rendering environment for the best results with pre-rendered backgrounds.

Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                            Gemini you still need someone for "Slick" (my nickname for the U.T Commander) as well as Lott and Andy. You may want to give him dialogues for them as well. Who knows I may even give it a shot since I just bought for my spouse some recording equipment.
                            The UT commander is a character that almost doesn't speak. I think his script is like 4 sentences at best, so taking care of him shouldn't be really a problem, provided a suitable voice actor for him. Also, people always seem to forget about Lily. Y U no love Lily? WHY!?
                            Last edited by Gemini; 05-06-2014, 06:51 AM.

Comment

• I have no issue with Lily. I mentioned the three since we have almost unlimited options for male va's. Female va's are a different beast all together. Not even sure if we have one in support of this project or IGAS' on the 2 threads.

Comment

• I have a friend who said she was going to try out for Lily =]
                                So, we'll see!

Comment

Working...
                                X