No announcement yet.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask [+Hazardous Battle]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gemini: After this project, you will do the remake of Dead Aim of playstation 2 is especially dino stalker, when it will be for a demo gun survivor?

Comment

Originally posted by blackpower View Post
      Gemini: After this project, you will do the remake of Dead Aim of playstation 2 is especially dino stalker, when it will be for a demo gun survivor?
      Oh blackpower.....
      how you provide humor so effortlessly

Comment

Zombie Chef

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
        For the moment there's an extra set that would be used in the restaurant area: cooks, waiters, and the usual people you could see in a kitchen.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	597.2 KB
ID:	403638

Sorry it's taken awhile. Been busy with work. But here's a quick snap of the chef. I'll scan and upload properly once I've done a few more. Hope you like!

Comment

Hey Gemini, what music formats can PS1 handle?

Comment

How about a zombie priest sketch ? That would be real creepy !

Comment

Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
              ^ I like this person.
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

A few news for those who don't check twitter:
                • Started working on an event interpreter to manage entity placement, allocation, and general flow of action.
                • Billboard sprite effects are almost set in code-stone, I still need to run a few tests before they're added to the rendering chain.
                • Almost done extracting the original script, the re-translation process should start as soon as I fix a bunch of remaining issues with proper formatting.
                • The zombie AI is getting close to completion. As soon as it's done, I'll start working on Cerberus and Lickers. These three monsters should be all I need for stage 1, which will cover the first urban area, including library, hospital, and probably Amusement Club Entrepôt.

Random raw material that will be used for whatever extra I'll shoehorn into supplementary scenarios:

Wesker is a re-elaboration of the Deadly Silence model I made just because; it's moving in free camera mode for debug builds. Chimera uses the original assets from RE1 with DS textures and properly optimized geometry. Not sure yet how to use either, they're just random ideas I cooked together during brainstorming.

Originally posted by DWZ1976 View Post
                Sorry it's taken awhile. Been busy with work. But here's a quick snap of the chef. I'll scan and upload properly once I've done a few more. Hope you like!
                Intriguing design! I like it a lot, especially the black pants with white strips. It should make a nice reference for the chef zombie and the rest of the restaurant staff!

Originally posted by Ultimacloud123 View Post
                Hey Gemini, what music formats can PS1 handle?
                As long as CPU overheat isn't involved, anything would theoretically work. Back to the realm of reality, however, Behind the Mask is going to use sequenced audio tracks, which means MIDI converted to a more manageable format and a sound bank to go along with it. I'm currently using Sony's SEQ for tests, since that's what Gun Survivor implemented and it allowed me to have 100% of the original soundtrack working in BTM already (many thanks to Mark for providing all the data!).

Originally posted by originalzombie View Post
                The funny thing is I did think about the priest.
                Last edited by Gemini; 04-30-2014, 09:08 AM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

A few news for those who don't check twitter:
                  • Started working on an event interpreter to manage entity placement, allocation, and general flow of action.
                  • Billboard sprite effects are almost set in code-stone, I still need to run a few tests before they're added to the rendering chain.
                  • Almost done extracting the original script, the re-translation process should start as soon as I fix a bunch of remaining issues with proper formatting.
                  • The zombie AI is getting close to completion. As soon as it's done, I'll start working on Cerberus and Lickers. These three monsters should be all I need for stage 1, which will cover the first urban area, including library, hospital, and probably Amusement Club Entrepôt.

Random raw material that will be used for whatever extra I'll shoehorn into supplementary scenarios:

Wesker is a re-elaboration of the Deadly Silence model I made just because; it's moving in free camera mode for debug builds. Chimera uses the original assets from RE1 with DS textures and properly optimized geometry. Not sure yet how to use either, they're just random ideas I cooked together during brainstorming.

Intriguing design! I like it a lot, especially the black pants with white strips. It should make a nice reference for the chef zombie and the rest of the restaurant staff!

As long as CPU overheat isn't involved, anything would theoretically work. Back to the realm of reality, however, Behind the Mask is going to use sequenced audio tracks, which means MIDI converted to a more manageable format and a sound bank to go along with it. I'm currently using Sony's SEQ for tests, since that's what Gun Survivor implemented and it allowed me to have 100% of the original soundtrack working in BTM already (many thanks to Mark for providing all the data!).

The funny thing is I did think about the priest.
                  Can't wait to play this one... And just for the record, not every one of us have twitter so updating here is very helpful
                  I Like the idea of chimera in the game. I wont dare to give you a recommendation for a idea, but can give you opinion. Please don't make some radical changes like killing HUNK or something like this ...
                  CHEK OUT MY SITE :) http://www.gamepomagalo.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tsolovvv View Post
                    I wont dare to give you a recommendation for a idea, but can give you opinion. Please don't make some radical changes like killing HUNK or something like this ...
                    No problem with suggestions, constructive criticism is well accepted since this isn't a dead aim project (forgive the pun). The only "radical" changes will be with gameplay for too obvious reasons, but that's nothing that can't be remove entirely and painlessly in order to work around limitations of the original design, which simply clashes with classic style. Then again, you can already see that from the tech demo video. And don't worry about HUNK being killed here, he isn't even around to be saw.

Speaking of classic style, I remember some discussion with people talking about RE2 N64 free controls with the analog stick. I never bothered playing that port to check for myself how said control scheme works, but News Bot told me a good lead to follow on that would be Outbreak's scheme. So how close are the two exactly? I might want to reinstall Outbreak just to try and replicate it, if it isn't too much trouble with camera changes.
                    Last edited by Gemini; 04-30-2014, 12:45 PM.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                    , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Speaking of classic style, I remember some discussion with people talking about RE2 N64 free controls with the analog stick. I never bothered playing that port to check for myself how said control scheme works, but News Bot told me a good lead to follow on that would be Outbreak's scheme. So how close are the two exactly? I might want to reinstall Outbreak just to try and replicate it, if it isn't too much trouble with camera changes.
                      Basically, you push in a direction to go in that direction. I don't remember if you instantly turned when you pushed in another direction or if you would rotate GTA-style, but you either push a little to walk or all the way to run. When it changes camera angle while you're in motion, you continue moving towards the same directional input as the previous camera angle used (but as soon as you tilt the stick just a little in any other/new direction, it'll refresh itself to utilize the directions dictated by the new/current camera angle)

Comment

Gemini = what do you think of eliminators to introduce them in the remake of gun survivor?

There has to be a zoo staff on sheena island, the umbrella takes a few animals to make us of the experiments.

Comment

I've been thinking a bit about how you could develop a scenario system in Survivor's kind of setup because I really like the idea. Just thinking out loud here, and I'm probably stating the obvious as I haven't thoroughly played survivor...

You could start with something where each path determines the games difficulty, for instance you start by finding Gun A, Gun B or Gun C each with slightly different stats, those weapons can then be taken on different paths for instance Path A, Path B or Path C where you fight different enemies and accumulate different items, for at the end you face Boss A, Boss B or Boss C each with varying difficulty due to your inventory, after which you get Ending A, Ending B, Ending C, Ending D, Ending E, Ending F and so forth due to which paths you had taken and the goals you had accomplished.

The replay value would be huge as there would be no shortage of unique ways to play the game, you could even implement a Special Key to unlock doors and allow you to explore inaccessible areas if you wanted more freedom. Perhaps you could even collect Special Keys from each path encouraging you to complete all endings and rewarding you with a secret item on an all complete play though.

I really need to play more of Survivor, it's such an interesting game despite aging so poorly. It makes me glad you are doing this project because the game seems to have had some great core ideas that would work well in almost any Biohazard game. And to be honest this seems like a pretty great time to be a fan of survival horror genre, as the skills and talents of the fans are now almost rivalling that of the original developers them selves. I was blown away by Dark Biohazard, blown away by Distant Memories, blown away again by TeamIGAS, but now to see engines being built from the ground up and backgrounds being rendered from scratch as the standard, it's clear this genre is far from dead.

Comment

Some updates

Comment

Sploosh.
                              PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

So....Pretty. @_@

Comment

Working...
                                X