Resolution test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolution test

I need your help guys. I'll be starting recording soon and I would like to know where you stand on the resolution issue. As some of you may know, Resident Evil 1 and a couple of other earlier games in the series actually run in 320x240 and are "upscaled" to 640x480.

So I've prepared two small videos, without sound. They are from a prototype build of Resident Evil 1 for Sega Saturn (thats the hook to get actual responses this time!). I would think that doing them in 320x240 would be best, since the filesizes are smaller, and if you really want the large experience you can just resize it or go full screen.

Please let me know on the enclosed poll what you prefer.

Download 640x480
    Download 320x240
    640x480
    19.23%
    320x240
    80.77%

320x240 definately. (b^.^)b
    sigpic

Comment

320x240 =D

Comment

320x240...the difference is too small or there is no difference...

Comment

Originally posted by griever666 View Post
          320x240...the difference is too small or there is no difference...
          There is no difference. Its just upscaled, the game runs natively at 320x240. I'm not even sure why Dot is asking really .

Comment

No one voted for 640x480 lol! Yes 320x240 is enough and the differance is not so big. Dot, why do you have things most of us never even dreamt of ;)? I hope there will be a release of this soon...

Comment

Wow, I wasnt expecting a total landslide! Last time I did this the majority wanted 640x480 but its good to see thats changed. Perhaps with the introduction of some new people who are educated on such matters it helped change the vote ;)

Keep voting for those who havent though! This was also the first test of Saturn's SCART Out capturing, Quality is a whole lot improved over S-Video imo

SeiyaKou, A release is doubtful but It will be covered (its not that exciting anyway).
              Last edited by Dot50Cal; 07-24-2007, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Oh so I'm guessing it's just simmilar to BH 2 Beta 2 where the only option available is room switching?

Comment

Yes, pretty much.

Comment

320x240 ;]
                    In 640x480 characters looks really weird and pixelated.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot50Cal View Post
                      Wow, I wasnt expecting a total landslide! Last time I did this the majority wanted 640x480 but its good to see thats changed. Perhaps with the introduction of some new people who are educated on such matters it helped change the vote ;)

Keep voting for those who havent though! This was also the first test of Saturn's SCART Out capturing, Quality is a whole lot improved over S-Video imo

SeiyaKou, A release is doubtful but It will be covered (its not that exciting anyway).
                      You're part from the staff, you probably edited our messages so that everyone wants to get the 320 ver

Comment

320x240 seems perfectly adequate . . .
                        Last edited by Rancid Cheese; 07-25-2007, 01:21 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I MUST know how you managed to capture via SCART xD
                          PROJECT Umbrella - The BIOHAZARD/RESIDENT EVIL Compendium

Comment

I have it running through an scart to component box.

Comment

Working...
                            X