Mortal Kombat X announcement trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
    25 years ahead? So they ditching a lot of player favourite characters?

Dislike when games do that.
    They did say that the games story starts from where the last one left off to 25 years later, but I don't know what to expect really.

Still a chunk of the characters cast are supernatural, or from outworld so its not likely that 25 years will age them much.

Kitana, Mileena, Baraka, Sindel,Scorpion, Reptile etc might not really show much age after 25 years.

Johnny Cage and Sonya would age, the two of them having a kid is a pretty cool idea I think, Raiden wouldn't age at all being a god.

I mean, they killed off most of the cast the last game(for anyone who didn't know, sorry for the spoilers) and we don't know how the timeline was altered much less whose ending was cannon.

I like what they've showing off right now and am curious about how the storys going to be in the new game.

EDIT:

Older versions of classic characters are part of the game and they show off more of the character variation in this vid. Some new finishers as well, they've shown one fatality from every character bu Scorpion so far.
    Last edited by Wrathborne; 06-11-2014, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
      Most innappropiate trailer music ever?

I want the world map type story mode that was in Deception again, it was a fun distraction rather than like MK9 which is just the ladder with cutscenes. I suppose the last one did go all out with the original cast, but some of these new characters don't look great with the bug lady God of War reject and the not-Zero suit Samus girl. Less is more, ninjas wearing color swapped blankets etc.
      Last edited by Code_R; 06-12-2014, 05:23 PM.

Comment

They confirmed that conquest mode wont be returning.

Its gonna be like MK9s cutescenes with ladders. I'm a bit iffy on the new cast....but its too early to tell really.

I wasn't a fan of Drahmin, Mavado, or Kenshi when MK5 first came out, but they grew on me and did fit in with the series pretty well.

Actually the "not zero suit Samus girl", is Cassie Cage. Sonya and Johnny Cages daughter.

Games story mode timeline is like 25 years or so, so a chunk of the story picks up after 9, then god knows what.

I hope they go with the ending where Liu Kang becomes the new earth Realm god and becomes a tyrant, course they also had Shinnok and Quan CHi as the truevictors of the last Tournament as they managed to get the souls of most of the kombatants.

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathborne View Post
          I hope they go with the ending where Liu Kang becomes the new earth Realm god and becomes a tyrant, course they also had Shinnok and Quan CHi as the truevictors of the last Tournament as they managed to get the souls of most of the kombatants.
          I would assume the story mode of MK9 is the only 'canon' and the endings a bunch of nonsense because they just needed something at Ladder's end for each.

If the story mode starts at MK9 end jumps 25 years then could potentially still have Cage and Sonya in it, as well as their daughter.

Also shouldn't all the previous games stories and ancient threats still be there, MK9 reset the timeline from the first games Tournament onwards, but the Dragon King, Blaze etc are all still coming and should have happened in that 25 year timeframe.
          Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

well they did say that an old character will cme back as a boss...so id assume and mist likely would be liu kang

i wonder how the story foh im being a bad guy will play out...any idea guys?

Comment

Looks like Ermac might be returning, this image is popping up online and its from the character designer of Injustice and NetherRealm studio senior artist.

Comment

Raidens announcement trailer(fatality included)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                  Oh, I'm sure that it will look pretty good... but announcement trailer CG mock-up good? I sincerely doubt it.

It was reveled on another site that MKX will also see a PS3/360 release. So, yeah, I think we all know how multi-gen ports work.

Living in an area where there are currently 9 different country music radio stations (!) and only one metal radio station, I would probably have to rage-quit the entire internet and possibly even life, at that point.
                  That's a reality where I live. Fortunately Rhapsody exists and I don't have deal with the radio which I haven't listened to since...1999? Somewhere in there. Last thing I ever remember enjoying on MTV is the "Do the Evolution" video debut.
                  sigpic
                  "Must the State continue to exist once the question of labor and capital shall be practically solved? We reply in the negative. We are anarchists."

Comment

Kano trailer just added

Comment

Originally posted by Graco View Post
                      That's a reality where I live. Fortunately Rhapsody exists and I don't have deal with the radio which I haven't listened to since...1999? Somewhere in there. Last thing I ever remember enjoying on MTV is the "Do the Evolution" video debut.
                      We must be around the same age, heh.

I fondly remember when that video was introduced, it's perhaps one of my favorite music videos from Pearl Jam... still unmatched in its unique-ness, really.

On subject, really enjoying what I'm seeing with each new update! The attention to detail in the environments is much appreciated. Gotta say, though, I can imagine this game's difficulty level to be pretty high, not that its a bad thing.
                      I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Real question is, what is the story? I mean they already said that Khotal Khan is indeed the new Emperor of Outworld, which is kind of strange seeing an Aztec God in charge of another realm, but we'll have to wait and see.

Kind of sad they only showed some of Kanos finisher, where as Raidens they showed the whole thing...but then again it could be like Scorpions finisher that they only showed a bit of...too gory to advertise.w

I mean a guy who saw it said after Scorpion blasts a hole through the losers chest, he whips out a sword and hacks off their face and the now opened skull then drips out brains.

Comment

Working...
                        X