No announcement yet.

New RE5 Trailer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just saw the trailer for the first time on PSN and it looks exactly like RE4. I guess that's the safe option for Capcom, use what works, the RE4 formula worked extremely well for them. Maybe we can hope for some retro style RE games in the future though, shouldn't be too difficult.

Comment

Well, Takeuchi did say that, "If after watching this trailer you think RE5 looks a bit too much like RE4, just wait until the next trailer." I don't remember the exact quote, but basically he was saying that the next trailer will apparently show greater variety of gameplay that will separate RE5 more and more from RE4. I can't imagine them separating it too far from the formula established in RE4, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

One thing I found interesting is that, unless they're planning on unveiling it at a later date (perhaps in the next trailer), it appears you still can't move and fire at the same time. Not that I'm complaining, because that's one aspect I've always preferred about RE over other shooters, but after Takeuchi's claims that there will be one major obvious evolution of the gameplay in particular, I think everyone (myself included) was just assuming that meant the ability to move and aim at the same time.

It does seem like the new dodge maneuvers may be a way of getting around that though. Also, I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but does anyone else besides me think that Chris's new VA is Billy's from RE0? I haven't heard Billy's old voice in awhile, so I could be totally off, but it sounded really familiar. Not to mention there was the whole hubbub about Billy's VA posting on his site that he'd be returning for RE5 (granted, he said as Billy and not as Chris).

Comment

Yeah, the voice felt so familiar to me.
        I was playing RE0 the other day. Yeah, indeed, the actor might be Billy's voice actor. Only that in RE0 he tries to be more bad ass (like Snake somehow), here sounds "normal".
        Is there no official news about the voice actor for Chris?

edit:
        got two samples...what do you think?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by griever666; 07-27-2007, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Its hard to tell, Billy's voice is pretty subdued in that clip.

Comment

would it be possible for someone to put the new RE5 trailer on youtube please ? the one on the site is 60 mb in SD ! bit too much for me ..

Comment

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edf_w6PA_PU n_n

Comment

thank you

Comment

You know, the more I watch the RE5 trailer and the newest Umbrella Chronicles trailer, the more I think Chris's voice actor is the same in both games. That still doesn't answer the question of just who exactly is doing his voice, though.

And if they are the same, this leads me to wonder if, assuming Wesker will be in RE5, his voice actor will also be the same one from UC or if Richard Waugh will return.
                  Last edited by Archelon; 08-07-2007, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X