Biohazard HD Remaster Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
    The backgrounds haven't been touched just upscaled from 640x480 to 1920x1140 then cropped down to 1920x1080, the slight detail increase your seeing in the backgrounds is due to the new lighting and shaders.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the background resolution is 512 × 448 pixels for the GC version, but GC upscaled it to 640x480. At least I know that I have all the background images ripped from the disc and they are 512 × 448.

Comment

I guess this is nice.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rombie View Post
        MEGATON!

In actuality this just says more to me that Capcom doesn't quite know where to take the franchise next again, and so another re-release to gauge response on the game is on the cards.

Would LOVE to know what Mikami thinks about this. Considering his comments on the 'failure' of the REmake, at least as sales go, interesting to see how this goes. I HOPE that the game sells well, but who the hells knows these days.

The comparison pictures on the official website are nice. The only thing that surprises me is that they can't have it running 60p on the current newer gen. The comments on the video just mostly bitch about a lack of WiiU version. LOL
        I see people complaining about the graphics for freaking REmake in the comments. Jeez. And at first I thought this thread was about RE1 on PS1, could you imagine the backlash if that ever happened?

People who love REmake, please buy two of every version (again).. if this sells poorly RE is doomed!

Comment

Originally posted by Scream View Post
          People who love REmake, please buy two of every version (again).. if this sells poorly RE is doomed!
          ^Good thing I own every platform this is coming out for + I bet they're doing some fancy PS3 e-Capcom Limited Edition for this like for Strider and Dungeons&Dragons ... must add to set ;D

Comment

Yawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnn

Comment

I want Resident Evil: Outbreak to be remastered.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivol View Post
                ^Good thing I own every platform this is coming out for + I bet they're doing some fancy PS3 e-Capcom Limited Edition for this like for Strider and Dungeons&Dragons ... must add to set ;D
                Just the PC version through Steam for me. Despite what I just said earlier

Comment

This might be cool to play on my PS4. It was enough to bring me back to this site for the first time in years, at least.

EDIT: Eh, just saw they're targeting 30fps for the PS4 version which is kinda disappointing.
                  Last edited by Vector; 08-05-2014, 01:48 PM.

Comment

This is really nice, but I'm still kinda meh about locked 30fps, especially on PC. Seems stupid to me.

Comment

Saw this before work this morning, could barely keep myself from squealing while getting dressed. It's hard to believe that after so long, after so many requests, its finally happening! I like what I'm seeing from the screens so far, the graphical enhancements look great. Now I feel like popping in my copy of REmake on the gamecube to celebrate.

Can't wait to play this on my PS4! Also noticed that it's coming to PC. Hope some fun mods will come as a result of it! Also hoping it sells incredibly well!

Comment

I thought I was getting trolled when a friend told me about this...and I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the official Japanese page up and running.

I for one, I'm glad that this game is getting an HD release with 'WIDESCREEN' support, not even REmake on the Wii had Widescreen support, only RE0 did.

I really do hope it sells well, and for the PS3/PS4 version I hope they follow the recent trend cross-buy titles. Although, their separate Japanese release dates points otherwise.

Also, 'Analog' controls are being added...this game is going to be as 'Super EASY MODE' broken as RE2 on the N64! Hahahaha!

Pretty happy with this recent announcement!

Comment

I haven't been this excited for a Capcom game in a long, long, long time. Man, I might wait it out until I get a PS4 for this graphical masterpiece.

Comment

the fact that this is digital only is a waste of my f*ckin' time.
                            Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Some of the comments I'm seeing here are pretty surprising. There's seriously more negativity here then there was with the RE4 Ultimate HD Edition announcement. At least they are trying to appeal to classic RE fans. I for one am glad I won't have to play this on the Wii looking pixelated on a HDTV. I could care less about the frame rate, this isn't a third person shooter.

Looks amazing:
                              Last edited by CODE_umb87; 08-06-2014, 12:50 AM.

Comment

I know a lot of people who haven't played this game up until now due to the stupid exclusivity, hell i even played this remake more than 7 times and i am still excited to see this release over RE6 & RE:Revelations combined !
                                Last edited by Guest; 08-06-2014, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X