Biohazard HD Remaster Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biohazard HD Remaster Announced

Famitsu have just confirmed that a HD Remaster for Biohazard remake is in the work. More details to come soon

On eurogamer

- PS3/PS4/360/XB1/PC
    - Digital only
    - Europe and North America in Early 2015.
    - Nov 27 2014 in Japan for PS3/360
    - early 2015 for ps4/xbox one/pc in japan
    - 720p,30fps for ps3/360
    - 1080p,30fps for xbox one/ps4/pc
    - collector/limited edition (for PS3 only),only will be in retail form in japan for ps3

Here's the link to the official site
    ゲームというエンターテインメントを通じて「遊文化」をクリエイトする株式会社カプコンのウェブサイト。ゲーム情報サイトをはじめ企業情報サイト、ネットショッピング、ファンサイトなど、さまざまなサービスについても紹介しています。

Last edited by xfactor; 08-05-2014, 06:47 AM.

I never thought i would live to see this day come, a great day for resident evil fans.
    Edit: Do they have any plans for zero as well, finger crossed !
    Last edited by Guest; 08-05-2014, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Comment

MEGATON!

In actuality this just says more to me that Capcom doesn't quite know where to take the franchise next again, and so another re-release to gauge response on the game is on the cards.

Would LOVE to know what Mikami thinks about this. Considering his comments on the 'failure' of the REmake, at least as sales go, interesting to see how this goes. I HOPE that the game sells well, but who the hells knows these days.

The comparison pictures on the official website are nice. The only thing that surprises me is that they can't have it running 60p on the current newer gen. The comments on the video just mostly bitch about a lack of WiiU version. LOL
        Last edited by Rombie; 08-05-2014, 05:25 AM.

Comment

This is exactly what they needed to do to reclaim the fanbase. A brilliant move. I shall anticipate this much more than any sequel.
          "I've got 100 cows."
          "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

I wonder if Capcom are waiting to see how this is recieved before moving forward with 7. The franchise is at a crossroads right now.

Regardless of the intent, it'll allow me to give the REMake another chance as I prefered the PS1 original to this but always remain open minded.
            "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

Press Release

Resident Evil HD Collection Package (PS3 Only) 4990 yen
              - Game
              - "Mansion" Art Guidebook
              - "Mansion" Trevor Floor Map

Resident Evil HD Limited Edition (PS3, E-Capcom only) 11111 yen
              - Game
              - "S.T.A.R.S." special notebook cover
              - LAMY (Lamy) made ballpoint
              - "S.T.A.R.S" Metal Clip
              - Resident Evil Notebook
              Last edited by xfactor; 08-05-2014, 06:47 AM.

Comment

I don't know, first, I think is great news for people that didn't play it or people that is not familiar with the "true" Resident Evil but I look at the screens and I can't help to feel that they are doing very little to make this remaster something memorable.

Also, typical BS, Japan gets physical release, we don't, Japan gets it this year, we don't.

I will save my judgement until I see it with my own eyes, probably the screens don't make it justice.
                Last edited by Zombie; 08-05-2014, 06:48 AM.

Comment

I don't understand why there's no PS4 physical release either.

And that's around £30 / $45 for the HD Collection Package. They really want to be charging under half of that for the game by itself. I'm guessing that the HD Collection Price on the PS3 will be the standard price for the next gen versions
                  "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

finally,ill definetly buy it on disc :-)

Comment

Tilt-and-scan 16:9 support meh, lazy background upscales rather than re-renders, still great for pc mods though no more running with Dolphin.

Comment

Saw this first on the Tomb Raider Forums, so I'll say what I did there, here.

I can see the textures, sound, lighting have been updated, but the backgrounds don't look that 'remastered' to me TBQH.

I still think Capcom are using this game, like they did with Revelations, to see how the reviewers and fans feel about the 'classic horror' .. to determine the future of the series.

If this HD version gets good reviews and sales (I think it will) then MAYBE Capcom will make another more traditional RE game for RE7?
                        "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor View Post
                          Saw this first on the Tomb Raider Forums, so I'll say what I did there, here.

I can see the textures, sound, lighting have been updated, but the backgrounds don't look that 'remastered' to me TBQH.

I still think Capcom are using this game, like they did with Revelations, to see how the reviewers and fans feel about the 'classic horror' .. to determine the future of the series.

If this HD version gets good reviews and sales (I think it will) then MAYBE Capcom will make another more traditional RE game for RE7?
                          The backgrounds haven't been touched just upscaled from 640x480 to 1920x1140 then cropped down to 1920x1080, the slight detail increase your seeing in the backgrounds is due to the new lighting and shaders.

Comment

According to the official site it looks like they are remaking Wesker's Report 1 as well.
                            "I've got 100 cows."
                            "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Working...
                            X