Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biohazard HD Remaster Announced

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    #41 Kipepeo

Default Biohazard HD Remaster Announced

Famitsu have just confirmed that a HD Remaster for Biohazard remake is in the work. More details to come soon

On eurogamer
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...gn=socialoomph

- PS3/PS4/360/XB1/PC
    - Digital only
    - Europe and North America in Early 2015.
    - Nov 27 2014 in Japan for PS3/360
    - early 2015 for ps4/xbox one/pc in japan
    - 720p,30fps for ps3/360
    - 1080p,30fps for xbox one/ps4/pc
    - collector/limited edition (for PS3 only),only will be in retail form in japan for ps3

Here's the link to the official site
    http://www.capcom.co.jp/biohd/

Last edited by xfactor; 08-05-2014 at 07:47 AM.

#24 Black Tiger

I never thought i would live to see this day come, a great day for resident evil fans.
    Edit: Do they have any plans for zero as well, finger crossed !
    Last edited by originalzombie; 08-05-2014 at 06:08 AM.

THIA Staff

#49 Giant Majini

MEGATON!

In actuality this just says more to me that Capcom doesn't quite know where to take the franchise next again, and so another re-release to gauge response on the game is on the cards.

Would LOVE to know what Mikami thinks about this. Considering his comments on the 'failure' of the REmake, at least as sales go, interesting to see how this goes. I HOPE that the game sells well, but who the hells knows these days.

The comparison pictures on the official website are nice. The only thing that surprises me is that they can't have it running 60p on the current newer gen. The comments on the video just mostly bitch about a lack of WiiU version. LOL
    Last edited by Rombie; 08-05-2014 at 06:25 AM.

THIA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rombie View Post
    MEGATON!

In actuality this just says more to me that Capcom doesn't quite know where to take the franchise next again, and so another re-release to gauge response on the game is on the cards.

Would LOVE to know what Mikami thinks about this. Considering his comments on the 'failure' of the REmake, at least as sales go, interesting to see how this goes. I HOPE that the game sells well, but who the hells knows these days.

The comparison pictures on the official website are nice. The only thing that surprises me is that they can't have it running 60p on the current newer gen. The comments on the video just mostly bitch about a lack of WiiU version. LOL
    I see people complaining about the graphics for freaking REmake in the comments. Jeez. And at first I thought this thread was about RE1 on PS1, could you imagine the backlash if that ever happened?

People who love REmake, please buy two of every version (again).. if this sells poorly RE is doomed!

THIA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Scream View Post
    People who love REmake, please buy two of every version (again).. if this sells poorly RE is doomed!
    ^Good thing I own every platform this is coming out for + I bet they're doing some fancy PS3 e-Capcom Limited Edition for this like for Strider and Dungeons&Dragons ... must add to set ;D

THIA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Carnivol View Post
    ^Good thing I own every platform this is coming out for + I bet they're doing some fancy PS3 e-Capcom Limited Edition for this like for Strider and Dungeons&Dragons ... must add to set ;D
    Just the PC version through Steam for me. Despite what I just said earlier

This is exactly what they needed to do to reclaim the fanbase. A brilliant move. I shall anticipate this much more than any sequel.
    "I've got 100 cows."
    "Well I've got 104 friends."

#20 Hunter Beta

I wonder if Capcom are waiting to see how this is recieved before moving forward with 7. The franchise is at a crossroads right now.

Regardless of the intent, it'll allow me to give the REMake another chance as I prefered the PS1 original to this but always remain open minded.

#41 Kipepeo

Press Release
    http://gamespress.com/capcomus/prote...FINAL_0805.pdf

Resident Evil HD Collection Package (PS3 Only) 4990 yen
    - Game
    - "Mansion" Art Guidebook
    - "Mansion" Trevor Floor Map

Resident Evil HD Limited Edition (PS3, E-Capcom only) 11111 yen
    - Game
    - "S.T.A.R.S." special notebook cover
    - LAMY (Lamy) made ballpoint
    - "S.T.A.R.S" Metal Clip
    - Resident Evil Notebook
    Last edited by xfactor; 08-05-2014 at 07:47 AM.

I don't know, first, I think is great news for people that didn't play it or people that is not familiar with the "true" Resident Evil but I look at the screens and I can't help to feel that they are doing very little to make this remaster something memorable.

Also, typical BS, Japan gets physical release, we don't, Japan gets it this year, we don't.

I will save my judgement until I see it with my own eyes, probably the screens don't make it justice.
    Last edited by Zombie; 08-05-2014 at 07:48 AM.

#20 Hunter Beta

I don't understand why there's no PS4 physical release either.

And that's around 30 / $45 for the HD Collection Package. They really want to be charging under half of that for the game by itself. I'm guessing that the HD Collection Price on the PS3 will be the standard price for the next gen versions

#30 Birkin Type 2

finally,ill definetly buy it on disc :-)

#23 Prototype Tyrant

Tilt-and-scan 16:9 support meh, lazy background upscales rather than re-renders, still great for pc mods though no more running with Dolphin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    Tilt-and-scan 16:9 support meh, lazy background upscales rather than re-renders, still great for pc mods though no more running with Dolphin.
    with maybe view expansion not possible since all is upscale from source renders, i think use of pan and scan for widescreen is very interesting. most game just crop. this is also mark first pre-render resident evil to use a moving camera for static background then. is a function with interesting modding potential.

Quote Originally Posted by B.Zork View Post
    this is also mark first pre-render resident evil to use a moving camera for static background then. is a function with interesting modding potential.
    I thought RE0 did that for some screens?
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Quote Originally Posted by Dracarys View Post
    It did .. cool huh. Though those were more of a left to right or vice versa. I liked it.
    It was on the original Gamecube version and the Wii release.
    "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dracarys View Post
    wow. you right. my mind always forget there were two of re0 too. so much to mix.

Saw this first on the Tomb Raider Forums, so I'll say what I did there, here.

I can see the textures, sound, lighting have been updated, but the backgrounds don't look that 'remastered' to me TBQH.

I still think Capcom are using this game, like they did with Revelations, to see how the reviewers and fans feel about the 'classic horror' .. to determine the future of the series.

If this HD version gets good reviews and sales (I think it will) then MAYBE Capcom will make another more traditional RE game for RE7?
    "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information