Biohazard HD Remaster Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
    Some of the comments I'm seeing here are pretty surprising. There's seriously more negativity here then there was with the RE4 Ultimate HD Edition announcement. At least they are trying to appeal to classic RE fans. I for one am glad I won't have to play this on the Wii looking pixelated on a HDTV. I could care less about the frame rate, this isn't a third person shooter.

Looks amazing:
    haha "looks amazing". there's nothing any different between now and then other than the fact that the old game looks "washed out" because its rendered in Standard Definition.
    Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

And they banged on about how REmake didn't sell enough - yeah Capcom .. thats what happens when you release it for Gamecube only (to begin with)

Hopefully now this is on most platforms, sales will boom and Capcom will see what the fans really want - I bet there are tons of people out there that have never been able to play this, and now get the chance too.

And for people who cannot use the controls properly - clearly don't know how to play videogames.. most people can play anything and get used to it.
      "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
        haha "looks amazing". there's nothing any different between now and then other than the fact that the old game looks "washed out" because its rendered in Standard Definition.
        Yep, updating the character models, lighting/shadows, upscaling the textures....no real difference here

Last edited by CODE_umb87; 08-06-2014, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CODE_umb87 View Post
          Yep, updating the character models, lighting/shadows, upscaling the textures....no real difference here

Now compare it to Biohazard Pachislot.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombie View Post
            Correct me if I'm wrong but the background resolution is 512 × 448 pixels for the GC version, but GC upscaled it to 640x480. At least I know that I have all the background images ripped from the disc and they are 512 × 448.
            You are correct - they are in 512x448. Absolutely no clue where that guy comes up with some of the stuff he posts.

...but yeah, reading this thread (and the other) damn near makes me embarrassed to be a fan of Bio/RE. Some of you are acting like absolute, spoiled brats. Let us be thankful they're even remastering it, let alone, releasing it on consoles that have proven their worth (WiiU trolololol).

As someone else mentioned, this isn't a first person shooter. It is a game with prerendered background images. So what if it doesn't run at 240 frames per second in 8k UHDTV format? Other than your typical PC fanatic with deep pockets, most people don't even own tech like that.

Also, if they're simply upscaling the original 512x448 images, I would adore to have both the hardware and software their using to do that. That said, I still think everything looks pretty good and I most certainly appreciate CAPCOM's effort.
            I'm a blackstar.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
              Tilt-and-scan 16:9 support meh, lazy background upscales rather than re-renders, still great for pc mods though no more running with Dolphin.
              with maybe view expansion not possible since all is upscale from source renders, i think use of pan and scan for widescreen is very interesting. most game just crop. this is also mark first pre-render resident evil to use a moving camera for static background then. is a function with interesting modding potential.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                You are correct - they are in 512x448. Absolutely no clue where that guy comes up with some of the stuff he posts.

...but yeah, reading this thread (and the other) damn near makes me embarrassed to be a fan of Bio/RE. Some of you are acting like absolute, spoiled brats. Let us be thankful they're even remastering it, let alone, releasing it on consoles that have proven their worth (WiiU trolololol).

As someone else mentioned, this isn't a first person shooter. It is a game with prerendered background images. So what if it doesn't run at 240 frames per second in 8k UHDTV format? Other than your typical PC fanatic with deep pockets, most people don't even own tech like that.

Also, if they're simply upscaling the original 512x448 images, I would adore to have both the hardware and software their using to do that. That said, I still think everything looks pretty good and I most certainly appreciate CAPCOM's effort.

i dont ask for remastered sh*t. i'm the kind of person who respects the past for what what it is, and LEAVES it in the past. i dont need you to modernize the past, just because you dont have anything new coming out.
                Last edited by Branden_Lucero; 08-06-2014, 01:56 PM.
                Facebook | Myspace | PlayStation | Raptr | Steam | Twitter | Xbox Live | Xfire | Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Branden_Lucero View Post
                  i dont ask for remastered sh*t. i'm the kind of person who respects the past for what what it is, and LEAVES it in the past. i dont need you to modernize the past, just because you dont have anything new coming out.
                  Then why are you here?
                  "I've got 100 cows."
                  "Well I've got 104 friends."

Comment

Originally posted by B.Zork View Post
                    this is also mark first pre-render resident evil to use a moving camera for static background then. is a function with interesting modding potential.
                    I thought RE0 did that for some screens?
                    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post

I stand corrected even worse then, you can batch upscale images for free with imagemagick.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
                        I thought RE0 did that for some screens?
                        It did .. cool huh. Though those were more of a left to right or vice versa. I liked it.
                        It was on the original Gamecube version and the Wii release.
                        "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

It was an interesting addition...cant say I really cared much for it as it always felt a little disorienting and awkward to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
                            I stand corrected even worse then, you can batch upscale images for free with imagemagick.
                            It is incredibly unlikely that they are just batch-upscaling the backgrounds.

What's more probable is that they either:

a) have all the original content in full 3D and are just re-exporting all of the background images (kind of lazy), or
                            b) don't have the full 3D content but have much higher resolution versions of the backgrounds to work with

There's no way you can upscale a 512x448 image to something higher than 1920x1080 and not see a noticeable degradation in quality. Capcom have cut corners on games in the past, but this would be a ridiculous corner to cut and would make the game not worth buying.

Remember, they did make the game... they have all the original assets.

Personally, this is the first time I've been excited for this series in about six years. One of the most breathtaking and atmospheric entries of the whole series is getting the port it definitely deserves. I certainly hope Capcom is putting the effort into it that they are claiming.

Comment

Originally posted by Weed View Post
                              There's no way you can upscale a 512x448 image to something higher than 1920x1080 and not see a noticeable degradation in quality. Capcom have cut corners on games in the past, but this would be a ridiculous corner to cut and would make the game not worth buying.
                              This is what I'm saying!!!

What can we do to bring this point to the top? This is like seriously bad.

Despite from the screens shots, when people buy this and play it when things are in motion, they will clock that "something aint right here", which leads to the poorly upscaled, filtered backgrounds. This needs to stop!

*bloody is boiling*

Comment

Based on the assets they've released so far, I don't think that will be the case.

I don't think they'd risk mucking up this experiment. They are using this to gauge how much of RE's original fan base is still interested in the series. The fact that this was announced and several people (including me) are suddenly interested is a promising first step.

Before this announcement, I had pretty much written off the series completely.
                                Last edited by Weed; 08-06-2014, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X