No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ If his escape in Umbrella Chronicles is canon, he actually just waltzes out the front door.

Comment

• Haha, really? All Jill had to do was stick an Acid Round in the dog outside the front door and she and Chris could have been at home before sunrise whilst the RPD turned the whole mansion over in less than an hour.
      "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
        Fun things they can inject without major gameplay alterations:
        -Even more realistic real survivor mode elements
        -"novelty"(shotgun,magnum) weapons are found with no ammo, "used" weapons(assault shotgun,grenade launcher) found with partially used ammo
        -examining does not freeze gameplay-can still be attacked by enemy (ala silent hill 3)
        -safe room doors can be busted in by zombies; no longer completely safe
        -no ink ribbons-all typewriters individually preloaded with limited ink for save use (think gasoline tanks)
        -unlockable, interchangeable music option menu-individually set tracks between remake, classic or RANDOMLY chosen!
        -Elimination mode? Choose an area (ala deadly silence), choose a character with a preset load out-Rebecca, Chris, Wesker, Richard, Jill, Barry. (Joseph/Forest/Enrico/Kenneth- never seen in combat- up to capcom to create) See if you can kill all enemies in given location as fast as possible.

Major gameplay alternations- stuff less likely to see
        -real survivor mode-upon healing, health doesn't instantly go up. Gradual healing feature
        -finish unused ice grenade rounds as unlockable content
        -AGAIN! QUICK KNIFE!
        -non cannon Barry mode-Can I see barry use his custom samurai edge at least once?
        -inject laser weapon idea seen in development videos into game as unlockable
        -ALL cast can be given alternate costumes, for "consistency sake". We seen that they at least planned for Wesker to have a costume change. After beating game once, new option at title screen. Able to switch each npc character costumes between "Normal" or "Special"

You can go on with the potential stuff they could do but you will just set you up for greater disappointment.
        WAIT!!! There was gonna be ice rounds in remake??? Newsbot PLEASE inform me!

Comment

• ^ What about that magic Laser Rifle Chris used in the Beta? That would be awesome LOL

I'd be happy with some more outfits or unlockable weapons .. knowing Capcom though, if this is just essentially a glossy port - how would they implement those?
          "I never thought any of this stuff my brother taught me would work!"

Comment

• As others have said, Capcom has most likely lost a bunch of their source codes, including the beta weapons. I have to say though, these beta backgrounds do look interesting.

But yeah, they're probably long lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
              WAIT!!! There was gonna be ice rounds in remake??? Newsbot PLEASE inform me!
              Although it wasn't mentioned anywhere else, I saw a video about 7 years ago showing a hacked to access item. It uses the knife icon but when examining it it shows a grey/blue grenade round with the title "It hasn't been used" translated. I just went back to find the video and what seemed to have happened was based on the low quality video and that responses of people assuming it was, in fact ice rounds but looking at it again it might just be a dummied out burst round. I nonchalantly didn't give a second thought and just accepted it for being true, seeing as the remake came out after re3 and introducing it into the remake would have been unnecessary. So don't go by what I said earlier.

Originally posted by RaccoonSurvivor
              ^ What about that magic Laser Rifle Chris used in the Beta? That would be awesome LOL

I'd be happy with some more outfits or unlockable weapons .. knowing Capcom though, if this is just essentially a glossy port - how would they implement those?
              I already mentioned the laser and as I said, they aren't giving enough evidence that they would go that far to inject in.
              The video of the laser showed it was nothing more than something they fiddled around with. It used the flame thrower model and they never showed it hit an enemy. I think this was around the same time they showed the fighting idle animations for chris and jill. Why the HELL did they take those animations out, eliminating an idle animation feature all together? I fail to see the logic of removing harmless extra work they made. Just have them only viewable if there are no enemies in the room.
              Last edited by NEOMEGA; 09-07-2014, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• Are there any videos of the laser and fighting idles?

I'm guessing no media was every released of the First Person RE1 or the third person REMake that became UC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy_Jazz View Post
                  Are there any videos of the laser and fighting idles?

I'm guessing no media was every released of the First Person RE1 or the third person REMake that became UC.

Laser video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiG-yklWg3Q
                  Last edited by CODE_umb87; 09-07-2014, 06:36 AM.

Comment

• Thank you

Comment

• I heard someone say long ago on another forum that the laser was once accessed however it did nothing when impacting an enemy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
                        I heard someone say long ago on another forum that the laser was once accessed however it did nothing when impacting an enemy.
                        Doubt it. Gameshark people went through REmake on GC for everything and if there was still coding left for that laser gun, it would have been found and featured on the forums of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by djepic112 View Post
                          Doubt it. Gameshark people went through REmake on GC for everything and if there was still coding left for that laser gun, it would have been found and featured on the forums of the time.
                          Yep, JAY007 of Action Replay Central tore this game apart years ago looking for that weapon, it was never implemented in any form in any released version of the game.

It would make for quite the pleasant surprise if Capcom were to reintroduce it, but I highly doubt it. As it is, I'm only expecting what I've seen thus far, being the updated visuals and perhaps an even easier playing difficulty for todays average gamer.

Comment

• Bloody Disgusting interview with Yoshiaki Hirabayashi about the REmaster:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...vil-hd-remake/

Basically he dodges all the interesting questions . He does however shutdown the people who have been hoping for any new content. Here it is if anyone's bored.

BD: How much of a straight-up remake will the Resident Evil Remake HD be? Will it be along the same lines as the Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD Edition, in terms its improving upon the base game, or is there more to it?

The goal of this new edition of Resident Evil is to allow players to enjoy the thrills of the original GameCube version with improved visuals and sound. In that sense, I would describe it as similar to the recent PC version of RE4. We’ve taken the game apart and adjusted all the assets one by one to ensure high quality improvements to the visual and auditory experience.

BD: Could you give us a rundown of its major features?

The game will be available for download on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, and PC in early 2015. The PS3 and Xbox 360 versions display in 720p, while the PS4 and Xbox One iterations output in 1080p. The framerate is set to 30FPS. Resolution and frame rate info for the PC version will be discussed at a later date.

As you know, the original game output a 4:3 aspect ratio, but we’re enabling this new version to play in 16:9 as well. In that mode, the screen scrolls up and down as needed in relation to the character’s movement and location.

BD: We know the game will include an option to play it with an updated control scheme or the original “tank-like” layout – are there any other features that will be added to entice veterans of the series?

For starters, there is the new control scheme option that allows players to take more direct control over the characters. Neither control scheme offers any advantage or disadvantage and which one you prefer largely boils down to a matter of taste. You can switch between the two control schemes in real time, so players who may be having difficulty with one method can try the other as the mood strikes. We have also added widescreen compatibility and remastered the audio to 5.1 standards.

BD: For those who played the GameCube REmake, will this edition get any new content that wasn’t in the GC version? Stuff like new areas, weapons, puzzles, etc.

The original GameCube version of the game is so good that we wanted to stay true to the core content. There aren’t any new enemies or story additions for that reason. However, the widescreen compatibility, new control scheme, and other features certainly bring something new to the table.

BD: How many achievements/trophies are we looking at? The HD ports of Resident Evil 4 and Code: Veronica each had 12, but Revelations had 50 – which end of the spectrum will this game land on?

The volume of achievements is much closer to what Resident Evil Revelations had to offer. We’re trying really hard to offer compelling and challenging achievements for this title.

BD: Has a price point been determined yet?

This is still TBD. Obviously, we’ll let you know as soon as we’re able to confirm.

BD: Are there any plans to integrate ResidentEvil.net support so fans can unlock exclusive concept art or in-game items as they do with Resident Evil 6 and Resident Evil Revelations?

This is still TBD. We’ll let you know as soon as we’re able to confirm more details.

BD: Many fans see this as an important step in returning Resident Evil to its roots in survival horror; has this game (or will it) influence the path the next Resident Evil takes in terms of it’s being more action or horror oriented?

I’m focused on this title for now so I can’t really see into the future to see what effect this title may or may not have on future developments of the series. What I can say is that the survival horror element has always been and will doubtless continue to be a hugely important element to the series.

I think the audience of RE fans has grown a great deal since this title initially debuted. This remastered version should provide a great opportunity for users to relive the horror that spawned the series.
                            Last edited by CODE_umb87; 09-09-2014, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• I knew it. No new content means I'm gonna wait for the game to be 60-75% off on Steam. I mean seriously its not that hard to add something new to the table with what resources they have available. A simple "raid mode" like Revelations had would have been enough for me, but they didn't even put that in the game.

Whatever news bells and whistles added outside of the control scheme and video sizes, are just gonna be like 1-2 new costume sets, if anything from the sound of it. :/

This really infuriates and disappoints me, because I knew they were gonna do this, just repackage the same game and sell it all over again with the exact same content it had 12 years ago. As great as REmake is, I honestly don't think paying them for repackaging the same game all over again 12 years later is something we should do.

I mean, stop releasing the same fucking game on different consoles with little to no new content, its insulting to the fans and shows you don't care.

Sorry for my rant, I love RE, but this shit has been part of what CAPCOM has done with the series since 1996. I've fallen for this 3-4 times since the original game, and now I'm sick to death of it.I know I cant force anyone to change their opinion, but how many times are we going to let them sell the exact same game to us? As long as we keep buying them I guess.
                              Last edited by Wrathborne; 09-09-2014, 02:00 AM.

Comment

• Sounds like we may not even get new costumes.

Comment

Working...
                                X