No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^ First song is that glorious picture solving puzzle music which I always missed myself! Holy shit I didn't think it actually existed in remake form!!! Wish they coulda fit it in the game somewhere :/

Comment

• Originally posted by NEOMEGA View Post
      I think that is one of the two unused tracks on the remake disc. The other one was an up beat, inappropriate track that was probably never intended to be heard in game.

Originally posted by Burt Mustin View Post
      Like Neo said, it seems taken from a 'rip' of the GC version-- except you'll hear definite differences from the original (higher range, different timbre, tempo, ect). Similarities with the oft-mentioned 'glitched tracks'- don't know if they had the ability to alter the clip in post that dramatically, but it sounds like an notably altered recording for the remaster, which is somewhat funny given the original track never saw the...'night' of day. Comes in at 3:30.

OH, it is a unused track but with the music glitch... this is weird...

I would like to know if this song is in the remaster's official released OST or ripped from the remaster itself? Confusing.

Comment

• Where the hell did all those other themes come from? Were they on the disc too? I only knew of the previously mentioned one and the last one on that medley. Also the remaster version of the first unused theme almost sounds like a combo of being a victim of the remaster sound glitch and the fact that its a cheap off-screen rerecording of the original at a higher volume.

Comment

• ^^^
          First unused theme is the picture puzzle which doesn't appear in the remaster or original GC version at any time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deathlygasm View Post
            ^^^ First song is that glorious picture solving puzzle music which I always missed myself!
            Me too. Very hunting and disturbing piece.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by aris13 View Post
              Me too. Very hunting and disturbing piece.
              Agreed, definitely love this track.

...oh, and all of those missing tracks can also be found on the original GameCube disc. As for how they ended up on the recently-released versions, one can only assume they did a batch conversion for all the audio and never bothered to exclude the unused ones.
              I'm a blackstar.

Comment

• There's so many idiots who think the picture theme is the lab theme that plays in Directors Cut Dual Shock after you kill tyrant the first time. Shows how well you idiots know the franchise....

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrass View Post
                  Agreed, definitely love this track.

...oh, and all of those missing tracks can also be found on the original GameCube disc. As for how they ended up on the recently-released versions, one can only assume they did a batch conversion for all the audio and never bothered to exclude the unused ones.
                  And the stupid professionals were too lazy to recheck for errors. Drag and drop. Maybe they "remastered" the audio in some OEM Cyberlink software, drop the audio folder and click the "Magic button"
                  Last edited by yurieu; 02-22-2015, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• I was gifted REmake HD on steam a couple weeks ago by a mate, been putting it off since until yesterday when I finally decided to play it. Pleasantly surprised by the game, at least I am aesthetically. I first started with the new widescreen mode, it's okay and the vertical scrolling isn't too bad when playing, but in certain rooms/corridors, especially with enemies, I found it rather awkward looking, making the screen look vertically squashed, if that makes any sense. So I had to switch it to 4:3 after about only 10-15 minutes of play and never went back, the game was made for the 4:3 aspect ratio and it really does show. Playing in 1080p at 60fps is also a real treat, I'm a whore for smooth frame rates so this is only a good thing, although doing a bit of reading it sounds silly to me that the ps4 and xbox one can only do 30fps, and still struggle even then. Lastly and the most important thing for me, the new control scheme. At first, I tried playing the game with a standard Sega Saturn MK2 pad (there's no way that I know of to get a 3D pad working on PC because of the removable lead, sadly), and it worked, but most of the buttons were mapped wrong, for example, X was to fire, Y was to run etc. albeit, some buttons were mapped correctly, R to aim, d-pad to move, A to activate/use, B to cancel. So failing that, I decided to just use an Xbox 360 pad and try the new "Outbreak" style free move controls. It's a bit clunky, especially with the camera angle changes, but for some reason it's kind of fun, although it can be a pain when running from enemies and losing speed because of a camera change by turning in the wrong direction, but I quickly adapted to using the d-pad in those situations for tank control. I still might go back and use a program to map the keyboard controls to my Sega Saturn pad, depends how I get on with the "Outbreak" scheme.

It's a good effort at least in the visual and performance department, but with the lack of any new gameplay features (besides the "Outbreak" style control), I wouldn't have bought it for £16, I'd have had to wait for a steam sale and to see the game go under a tenner to consider a purchase. If it actually had some new gameplay features (new modes, weapons, enemies etc.) then I could have seen myself gladly even overpay for the game.

Comment

• I allways hated third person control on games with pre-rendered camera angles, characters feel moving like idiots. Good thing the game can still be played with tank controls. I wish Haunting Ground had an option for that, had to stop playing that game after 1 hour due to the awful controls.
                      The Resident Evil 3D Animation Showcase

Comment

• Originally posted by Lanzagranadas View Post
                        I allways hated third person control on games with pre-rendered camera angles, characters feel moving like idiots. Good thing the game can still be played with tank controls. I wish Haunting Ground had an option for that, had to stop playing that game after 1 hour due to the awful controls.
                        Fiona moves are AWFUL. But I've always push the cr*ppy dualshock's analog slightly so she'd walk(less ridiculous).

Comment

• Look what I found in my local Grainger Games.

Comment

• £35?!?!?!?!?!?

Comment

• That's quite expensive. I didn't know Europe got a physical release of the PS3 version. I thought that was exclusive to Asia and Jp.

Comment

• There better not be just a download voucher in that case.
                                Seibu teh geimu?
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X