Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 1 Remastered

I Have just saw this article on Eurogamer, sorry if its been posted before but couldn't see anything
    http://http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-05-resident-evil-1-getting-remastered-re-release-on-pc-ps3-ps4-xbox-360-and-xbox-one

I expected a long thread on this already.

Anyway, comparison image not on EG.

The widescreen method seems lazy and hopefully the new movement method still requires turning animations or it'll be broken as hell. Also this needs a physical release.
    Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Yes was disappointing to read that it would be digital only, definitely needs a physical release
      Last edited by _Raziel_; 08-05-2014, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracarys View Post
        The widescreen method seems lazy and hopefully the new movement method still requires turning animations or it'll be broken as hell. Also this needs a physical release.
        I'm not so technical; how have they handled the widescreen? Is it just letterboxed?
        sigpic

Comment

Daniel bryan saying YES! for 10 hours with his epic theme music

all i have to say

Comment

Top and bottom of the backgrounds are cut off, and when you walk down the camera pans down, when you walk up the camera pans up. Theres an image for it on the Eurogamer article.

Comment

Someone must've kicked capcom real hard in the nuts to make them realize that there is profit behind the remake, hopefully we will see zero get released along the way ! But yeah i was hugely disappointed the physical release...

Comment

Too bad the backgrounds are simply resized and sharpened in batches. I'm tempted to get it for my PS3, at least a true HDMI out is an improvement.

Resident Evil: Behind the Mask twitter
                , also in Facebookian flavor for great justice.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSelfishGene View Post
                  I'm not so technical; how have they handled the widescreen? Is it just letterboxed?
                  From the OP link

So it is just zoomed and cutting off parts of the background at either the top or bottom, with a vertical pan based on character position. Not actually widescreen at all.
                  Beanovsky Durst - "They are not pervs. They are japanese."

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                    Too bad the backgrounds are simply resized and sharpened in batches. I'm tempted to get it for my PS3, at least a true HDMI out is an improvement.
                    So if I understand this correctly, there's no chance for new camera angles for f.e. Arrange Mode ? Did they delete original models and are now unable to create proper 1080p pictures of them ? That sucks , if all the new 'features' of this version are slight graphics improvements I'll pass. I'm hoping for new game modes or minigames like extreme battle.

Comment

I want some new game modes but it sadly looks like we are only getting cosmetic changes. I am still up for this tho I can't wait to see what the updated Crimson Heads look like!

Comment

Just being able to play it in 1080p with native support for current hardware make it a total miracle.

Comment

The backgrounds do look to be re-rendered, but the texture detail on them doesn't seem to have gone up. Look at the comparison shots of Chris in the dark green hall and see how much more detail you can see in the wall paper, floor and window frame compared to the original.

It's a shame they've not increased the camera horiztonal FoV to make this widescreen by default though.
                          "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

They said you can also play it in 4:3 if you wish.

Comment

I have to choose between boarders or losing vital information from the screen. No thanks! It's like the RE4 widescreen mode all over again.
                              "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

Working...
                              X