No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 1 Remastered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...Well unfortunately Capcom isn't reading these threads, so let's all send them letters regarding the sped-up audio shall we?

Comment

• They have a pretty solid history of trolling with original's soundtrack-- first Dual Shock travesty, now this.
      The horror is alive, the horror is expanding; living with the horror, can be demanding

Comment

• Well, it is a no-buy for from now on.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Sem título.png
Views:	1
Size:	1,013.8 KB
ID:	403844

Comment

• You mean a game using Gamecubes as an homage to the system it was being played on had them changed for the non-Nintendo releases?

Shocking. ;P (I assume you're being sarcastic, of course.)

Comment

• I noticed the sped up soundtrack during a livestream, I can't say I'm too impressed with it because the soundtrack was perfectly fine the way it was.

Comment

• I'm psyched to get this game in the mail any time soon...

Ordered my copy from Play-Asia!

I've always wanted to play this game with widescreen support and have it look smooth on a HD tv, which I didn't have much of a problem with REZero...but it was always the case with this game.

Can't wait to stream this until the disc melts!

Comment

• Originally posted by Canas Renvall View Post
                You mean a game using Gamecubes as an homage to the system it was being played on had them changed for the non-Nintendo releases?

Shocking. ;P (I assume you're being sarcastic, of course.)
                I think he was referring to the text "some". I played the original game recently and I don't recall it EVER displaying one word or the word "some" itself.

Comment

• Looks like all they did was photoshop out the three buttons. A subtle change to protect them from any suit probably.

Comment

• Originally posted by Undead Sega View Post
                    I think he was referring to the text "some". I played the original game recently and I don't recall it EVER displaying one word or the word "some" itself.
                    No, the stupid photoshop itself. Looks ugly. For all intentions that is not a Gamecube, there is no Nintendo logo. I just wanted the game close enough to the original, just that, looks like it is a impossible dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                      I just wanted the game close enough to the original, just that, looks like it is a impossible dream.
                      It is literally one render you see for about 5 seconds, that's a poor reason not to get the remaster.
                      The box looks very much like a GameCube, so I don't blame them at all.

Comment

• Here I am frustrated waiting for them to patch the music...

Comment

• Originally posted by yurieu View Post
                          No, the stupid photoshop itself. Looks ugly. For all intentions that is not a Gamecube, there is no Nintendo logo. I just wanted the game close enough to the original, just that, looks like it is a impossible dream.
                          I don't think it looks that bad. They had to get rid of the buttons to avoid a lawsuit. There are far worse backgrounds such as here:

You can see the pixelated floor tiles leading into the pixelated background. It looks much worse when you are in game. Hopefully these things and others will be fixed next year.
                          Last edited by CODE_umb87; 12-08-2014, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• Whilst I can't imagine re-upscaled backgrounds being added in a patch, maybe time will be spent on getting them up to 1080p for next-gen could mean that could be the case.

So can anyone tell if we're dealing with 960x720 or 1280x960 backgounds?
                            "Stories of imagination tend to upset those without one."

Comment

• The only way to resolve this issue is (once again) if they took the chance to dig up the original assets and re-render them at a higher resolution.

I cant stress this enough.

Comment

• We don't really know if they still have them though. It's 13-year old data, at this point.
                                Seibu teh geimu?
                                ---

Comment

Working...
                                X